Welcome To aBlackWeb

4 Beer Drinkers Only 🍺

If you’re talking nationally available domestic, maybe Sam Adams is the best, but I’m doubtful. Almost any local or regional craft brew beats the breaks off of Sam Adams. I don’t think I’ve had a great Sam Adams. And Budweiser is trash.

I’m a beer snob though so don’t mind me.

I like how you think. I label myself a beer snob as well. I don’t drink Heineken, anything bud is trash and I’ll only drink corona if it’s that only beer available and there’s a lime in the bottle

Last edited:
Bud Light? You heathens.

Domestic commercial beers like Bud, Millers, Busch, etc are ALL soapwater in bottles.

If you going to buy American, you gotta go out the box, and have more local beer.

For example, Dogfish Head and Brooklyn Ale are two American beers that are decent. Sam Adams might be the exception to the rule.

Imports are always great. Guinness and Heineken are my go-tos, but I enjoy a good stout.

I’m more of a craft beer person myself but if I’m being cheap I will have a shitty Bud Light. Lol

Most of my favorite breweries are west coast spots. Rogue, 21st Amendment, Stone, Oskar Blues, Lagunitas, New Belgium are some of the more known west coast breweries I really like a lot.

I’m slowly starting to find some interesting breweries in Texas. Shiner isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, but they are consistently pumping out different types of stuff that gets sold everywhere in Texas .

In Austin they have some interesting breweries like 512, Zilker, and one company called love something, I forgot the whole name. Lol. I’ve had a couple of good and different types of beers from some of the local Austin spots. Still not as great as I thought, especially with this being a foodie town. I still have time to explore so I’m hopeful to find some good breweries

I’m more of a craft beer person myself but if I’m being cheap I will have a shitty Bud Light. Lol

Most of my favorite breweries are west coast spots. Rogue, 21st Amendment, Stone, Oskar Blues, Lagunitas, New Belgium are some of the more known west coast breweries I really like a lot.

I’m slowly starting to find some interesting breweries in Texas. Shiner isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, but they are consistently pumping out different types of stuff that gets sold everywhere in Texas .

In Austin they have some interesting breweries like 512, Zilker, and one company called love something, I forgot the whole name. Lol. I’ve had a couple of good and different types of beers from some of the local Austin spots. Still not as great as I thought, especially with this being a foodie town. I still have time to explore so I’m hopeful to find some good breweries
Rogue is really good. They only sell the 32oz bottle hear though and them shits like $8 a bottle, lol. High ABV though on some so worth it.

Lagunitas Lil’ Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale is one of my all time favorites. ABV of 7.5% but doesn’t have that alcoholy taste of other high ABV beers. Similar to an IPA but much smoother. Love it!

Never liked Shiner, but I think I’ve only had their Bock. No real flavor to the beers.

I go for craft beers, typically brown, amber or stout, with higher ABV’s. One of my favorites now is from a NC brewery called Evening Joe. It’s a blonde ale blended with cold brew coffee. It’s ABV is 5.7%.

Rogue is really good. They only sell the 32oz bottle hear though and them shits like $8 a bottle, lol. High ABV though on some so worth it.

Lagunitas Lil’ Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale is one of my all time favorites. ABV of 7.5% but doesn’t have that alcoholy taste of other high ABV beers. Similar to an IPA but much smoother. Love it!

Never liked Shiner, but I think I’ve only had their Bock. No real flavor to the beers.

I go for craft beers, typically brown, amber or stout, with higher ABV’s. One of my favorites now is from a NC brewery called Evening Joe. It’s a blonde ale blended with cold brew coffee. It’s ABV is 5.7%.

Shiner does all types of beers but I think the variety is only displayed in Texas or surrounding states. I just moved here last year from NC and I think the only Shiner beer I had seen before moving to Texas was the Bock like you stated.

Rogue is my favorite brewery because they aren't afraid to experiment. They have tons of different types of beers and when I lived in Oregon, I stayed in a town that had a pour house. So they had damn near every Rogue beer made circulating through that place. Some of the best breweries are in Oregon in my opinion and if you like going to breweries and traveling, you most definitely should check out Oregon. They have Rougue, Deschutes, Ninkasi, Full sail, and this small brewery called Fort George which was out of the town I lived in named Astoria makes good beer

Stone brewery is pretty damn good also. Tons of different types of IPA's and if you like those types of beer you can't go wrong checking out any Stone beer. Lol.

I'm honestly more of a Stout and Porter drinker but I try all types of beers consistently. If you like Sours, Wicked Weed out in your state has tons of different interesting sours but the way you talk about beer on here I'm sure you already know that. Lol.

Shiner does all types of beers but I think the variety is only displayed in Texas or surrounding states. I just moved here last year from NC and I think the only Shiner beer I had seen before moving to Texas was the Bock like you stated.

Rogue is my favorite brewery because they aren't afraid to experiment. They have tons of different types of beers and when I lived in Oregon, I stayed in a town that had a pour house. So they had damn near every Rogue beer made circulating through that place. Some of the best breweries are in Oregon in my opinion and if you like going to breweries and traveling, you most definitely should check out Oregon. They have Rougue, Deschutes, Ninkasi, Full sail, and this small brewery called Fort George which was out of the town I lived in named Astoria makes good beer

Stone brewery is pretty damn good also. Tons of different types of IPA's and if you like those types of beer you can't go wrong checking out any Stone beer. Lol.

I'm honestly more of a Stout and Porter drinker but I try all types of beers consistently. If you like Sours, Wicked Weed out in your state has tons of different interesting sours but the way you talk about beer on here I'm sure you already know that. Lol.
I’ll be on the lookout for Stone. I’ve had the Pernicious IPA from Wicked Weed. It’s damn good. I’ve avoided sours for the most part only because it doesn’t sound appealing, but I might have to expand my horizons. It took me a while to get on IPA’s and now I love them.

I’ll be on the lookout for Stone. I’ve had the Pernicious IPA from Wicked Weed. It’s damn good. I’ve avoided sours for the most part only because it doesn’t sound appealing, but I might have to expand my horizons. It took me a while to get on IPA’s and now I love them.

I'm not real big on those real bitter IPA's or super sour, sours. Lmao. Their are some sours that are more mild tasting but the real lip pucker joints I can't mess with.

I can be a beer snob, and I'm a big bud light fan. Sometimes it's hot, and you want to put a few back. Bud Light is perfect for it. Stouts/porters are my favorite beers, but I'm not gonna be outside downing 3-4 in the middle of summer.

Sours are mostly terrible. Keep avoiding them.

I can be a beer snob, and I'm a big bud light fan. Sometimes it's hot, and you want to put a few back. Bud Light is perfect for it. Stouts/porters are my favorite beers, but I'm not gonna be outside downing 3-4 in the middle of summer.
Just imagining someone downing 3-4 porters in the summer is hilarious to me, lol.

Summer time I go for IPA’s more, or maybe something from Blue Moon. I know they’re pretty national now, but they make some great beer. I used to love their Cinnamon Horchata beer. Their fall Pumpkin brew is pretty good too. They have a way to make the sweetness not overbearing.

Just imagining someone downing 3-4 porters in the summer is hilarious to me, lol.

Summer time I go for IPA’s more, or maybe something from Blue Moon. I know they’re pretty national now, but they make some great beer. I used to love their Cinnamon Horchata beer. Their fall Pumpkin brew is pretty good too. They have a way to make the sweetness not overbearing.

Ya, that shit would have you feeling rough. But if I'm just hanging out shootin the shit with people and it's hot... throw me some Bud Light... it's perfect for that.

I'm hit or miss on IPA's. Sometimes they try to hop you to death, and it's like a chore to drink it. Others are alright.

I'm not huge on blue moon (the regular ones), but I fuck with shock top as a good summer beer. I didn't drink much beer in the last few months, so I missed the pumpkin and oktoberfest releases. I'm mad at that because that's the best time of the year for beer to me.

Back