Welcome To aBlackWeb

4 Beer Drinkers Only 🍺

Serious question

Whats wrong with Budweiser?

It tastes like "regular beer".

It's not fancy, but it's not cheap or disgusting like St Ides or Olde English... or Mad Dog 20/20

The price is right.

Every liquor store sells it.

A 6 pack of Budweiser costs about 30% less than all of these other beers but have the same alcohol content.

Why would you pay $12 for a 6 pack of a fancy beer (in New Jersey) when you can get a 6 pack of Budweiser for $7 (in New Jersey)?

Over a lifetime, that extra $6 you're paying for the fancy beer adds up.

What's wrong with Budweiser?

If you start drinking at, say, 20 years old and drink every other day until you're 80 years old you'd save an enormous amount of money if you bought Budweiser instead of those fancy beers.

Serious question

It's not fancy, but it's not cheap or disgusting like St Ides or Olde English... or Mad Dog 20/20

The price is right.

A 6 pack of Budweiser costs about 30% less than all of these other beers but have the same alcohol content.

Why would you pay $12 for a 6 pack of a fancy beer (in New Jersey) when you can get a 6 pack of Budweiser for $7 (in New Jersey)?

If you start drinking at, say, 20 years old and drink every other day until you're 80 years old you'd save an enormous amount of money if you bought Budweiser instead of those fancy beers.

It taste like shit. The end

Serious question

The price is right.

McDonalds tastes like “regular” food and is a lot cheaper than a good burger joint, but when I want a burger I’m going to the good burger joint every time. The McDonald’s burger just isn’t an option for me anymore.

McDonalds tastes like “regular” food and is a lot cheaper than a good burger joint, but when I want a burger I’m going to the good burger joint every time. The McDonald’s burger just isn’t an option for me anymore.

I’ve had no fast food at all this year. I’m trying it for at least 2 more months

I've tried all the beers and I've come to the conclusion that Budweiser is just fine and does what it's supposed to do.
I’d feel pretty confident saying you’ve not tried many beers at all given you made this statement. There’s huge differences between beers (IPA, stout, amber/brown ale, golden ale, bock, sour, etc.) and flavors and alcohol levels in each.

But maybe you just don’t appreciate beer. To each his own.

Serious question

The price is right.

Nothing wrong with Budweiser (but I agree with @dodge about the redneck vibe). It's like lots of shit... if it's not your thing, no need to go extra on it. Just like some people are into cars, liquor, food, etc., so they spend extra on it. Other people are casual on those things, so they don't spend much on it.

If you're a casual beer fan and like Bud heavy... do it up.

Word. I don't hear much about FL breweries. Let us know if you come across any good beers
I get all my shit from the craft beer section of my grocery store or specialty beer stores. NC got a lot of really good breweries though so the grocery store stay stocked with different beers from the state. They keep a decent collection from other states too though.

Serious question

The price is right.

I get it, 'cause my favorite "drinking beer" is Miller High Life. I'll kick back with a bottle or can on some casual shit if I'm watching TV or fuckin around on the MPC/FL Studio or some shit. But if I want taste, then I reach for something better like a chocolate porter, good IPA, or something like that.

I guess a way to put it would be like drinking Evan Williams or that even cheaper Safeway brand shit-tier "bourbon" versus Blanton's single barrel bourbon. I'm drinking Evan to get fucked up with zero fucks given. I'm drinking Blanton 'cause I actually want to enjoy the bourbon and ain't looking to get fucked up.

Back