Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION 4:44 - Chants OverRated !!!!!

Cole and Kanye put themselves out not Jz. Jz didn't push no one on the roc, that was Dame , J was the rapper.

I'm not mad at his business decisions, but he's definitely overrated as an artist.

444 what is only held in high regard because it's the closest to consciousness that Jay has ever been. But if you listen to conscious hip hop on the regular, it wasn't that impressive. It's like it took his whole career to do something Mos Def did years ago... Plus the replay value is low.

I loved story of oj though. Video and all. BAM too but that's only because they used my favorite beat and Damien Marley....

I try telling these niggas on here smh.

Ppl been doing what dude did and ppl have done it better.

Mooney reduced 4:44 to Jay feeling bad about a menage.

Lawd
I can go as far as saying do we give a fuck bout his momz coming out the closet ?

It's not J. He merely wanted to show us a sentimental side of him but at this stage in his career.. do we really care?

Can't knock the hustle of what Jz has done to model and shape his career; he has become a lucrative mogul.

I respect his business decisions but when it comes to the rap/ business he's overrated. He can't push a career other than hisself and he only does that based off his name, nothing else. (Ppl will buy Jz toilet paper if he sold it). If he was that ill he would have beyonce under rocnation.

His last albums don't have that Jz passion, nor desire and personally who cares if the nigga felt bad about having a ménage

Say it loud for the ppl in the back.

Niggas still think Doggy-style and The Chronic bangs in 2017 and all albums that follow can't be better than them out-dated, heavy sampled ass albums.

4:44 was a great album because it had substance in a year where a lot of bullshit got dropped

As someone mentioned, short track list, no filler, fire production, dope bars and again, had dudes in their feelings about the shit they were doing.

Jay singlehandedly had dudes trading in jerseys for button up shirts. He told dudes holding money stacks to your ear was corny and niggas got tight.

There are no wack tracks on 4:44

Was Jay-z album better than Rick Ross Black Dollar Mixtape? yes or no?

It's too late for this bs lol I'll get back to schoolin yall niggas on hiphop in the mornin lol

Kendrick

J.Cole

Jay-Z

(to me) were all over-hyped ass projects, niggas hyped them albums to be with the "in" crowd. Let me see if I can out-hyped each other.

Average ass albums smh. Boy I tell you

Imo yes

Black dollar was tough af, but he had a few duds on there

Jay Z had how many songs on his (album)?

How many songs Ross had on his (mixtape)?

There were more songs on Ross mixtape (more) songs that were better than Jay-Z whole album breh.

You're not even getting what is being said by me.
Ok

So are they the only ones allowed to get conscious on records? Do they have a monopoly on conscious subject matter?

Jay been said "truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense". He finally does it, and now it's "how dare he make conscious music"

Y'all can't have it both ways

Niggas so quick to with the "in" crowd that they don't even realize what's good music now and what's just average.

Smh, called that man retard, because he's not with the "in" crowd to feel cool. Man that shit was average that Jay dropped. Average at best. Smh

Niggas in here acting like he dropped a Masterpiece smh.

Jay Z had how many songs on his (album)?

How many songs Ross had on his (mixtape)?

There were more songs on Ross mixtape (more) songs that were better than Jay-Z whole album breh.

I would rather Ross cut black dollar down to 10-12 tracks vs 17.

Not sure why the amount of songs on each project matters but ok

Niggas so quick to with the "in" crowd that they don't even realize what's good music now and what's just average.

Smh, called that man retard, because he's not with the "in" crowd to feel cool. Man that shit was average that Jay dropped. Average at best. Smh

Niggas in here acting like he dropped a Masterpiece smh.

Name one person in here that called 4:44 a masterpiece

Ok

So are they the only ones allowed to get conscious on records? Do they have a monopoly on conscious subject matter?

Jay been said "truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense". He finally does it, and now it's "how dare he make conscious music"

Y'all can't have it both ways

Breh.

Step out the "in" crowd circle for a second breh. It's ok not to be associated with the sheep, you can not like what everybody deem as Masterpiece breh.

It's ok not to be with the "in" crowd with Music breh.

Ross Mixtape, had better songs on his mixtape than Jay-Z breh.

Naw, Jay kilt that album. And he's top 5 studio and businessman from hip hop...

There is no overrating Jay. He's properly rated

Back