Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION 4:44 - Chants OverRated !!!!!

Mooney

Moon for Short
Now first let me state: Jz has cemented his legacy as a lyrical monster. I rode for Jz year in and year out. These days Jz isn't what we all think he is and I get it, he getting money. Please don't deliver us an album such as 4:44 and think it's just suppose to be all that bc you Jz.

With that being said and I'll prolly get a good argument to why this album isn't overrated and I'll always continue to think Jz from this point on is an overrated rap/businessman.

Let me hear it!!!

You and knock are gonna be the reason we create "the most ridiculous things ever said" thread lol

I don't even know where to begin with this lol

Over-rated business man? How is someone who came from the projects and is now damn near a billionaire an over-rated business man?

444 is a real good album. I think him keeping it so short helped it alot. Not any filler.

I will say "Story of OJ" is one of the most overrated tracks of the year.

I'm not mad at his business decisions, but he's definitely overrated as an artist.

444 what is only held in high regard because it's the closest to consciousness that Jay has ever been. But if you listen to conscious hip hop on the regular, it wasn't that impressive. It's like it took his whole career to do something Mos Def did years ago... Plus the replay value is low.

I loved story of oj though. Video and all. BAM too but that's only because they used my favorite beat and Damien Marley....

You and knock are gonna be the reason we create "the most ridiculous things ever said" thread lol

I don't even know where to begin with this lol

Over-rated business man? How is someone who came from the projects and is now damn near a billionaire an over-rated business man?

Can't knock the hustle of what Jz has done to model and shape his career; he has become a lucrative mogul.

I respect his business decisions but when it comes to the rap/ business he's overrated. He can't push a career other than hisself and he only does that based off his name, nothing else. (Ppl will buy Jz toilet paper if he sold it). If he was that ill he would have beyonce under rocnation.

His last albums don't have that Jz passion, nor desire and personally who cares if the nigga felt bad about having a ménage

Can't knock the hustle of what Jz has done to model and shape his career; he has become a lucrative mogul.

I respect his business decisions but when it comes to the rap/ business he's overrated. He can't push a career other than hisself and he only does that based off his name, nothing else. (Ppl will buy Jz toilet paper if he sold it). If he was that ill he would have beyonce under rocnation.

His last albums don't have that Jz passion, nor desire and personally who cares if the nigga felt bad about having a ménage

Roc-a-fella alone has many platinum artists without even mentioning J.Cole who's one of the biggest artists today in any genre.

Beyonce's her own superstar she doesn't need to be under Jay-Z. That's your big gripe with Jay-z? lol cmon fam, you're better than this.

Shit I forgot about Kanye lol mannn , let's pretend like this thread never happened and walk away

4:44 was a great album because it had substance in a year where a lot of bullshit got dropped

As someone mentioned, short track list, no filler, fire production, dope bars and again, had dudes in their feelings about the shit they were doing.

Jay singlehandedly had dudes trading in jerseys for button up shirts. He told dudes holding money stacks to your ear was corny and niggas got tight.

There are no wack tracks on 4:44

Lock this shit
50c4c8a765d9cd02843d727f2fa84f3f_zps7i81ft4w.png

Mooney reduced 4:44 to Jay feeling bad about a menage.

Lawd

And I thought The Reason was bad but these niggas? lol

So we so we all of a sudden care if J in his feelings. I understand we all grow in our music but this nigga went left imo. This album is in no way Jz the way we would love Jz. For crying out loud he made this to retaliate to Lemonade. He and Bey got the blindfold on y'all. I guess I'm use to a Jz to where y'all just thirsting for anything he put out.

Back