Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

It is a willing step back, they let KCP walk for nothing instead of paying him

They talking about bringing in Westbrook man lol
I understand why they didn’t overpay for Brown or go into tax hell for KCP.

They have what they believe to be their core 4 players and they payed them accordingly. Now they have to make smarter moves to build around those guys. I might agree with you if you stated that they maybe have their core 4 wrong and making a move off one of them could assist in evening out the roster.

But….

Let’s be honest. Do you truly believe that if KCP would’ve been resigned Denver would’ve been a championship contender as currently constituted? Caldwell-Pope is a really good player and will help any team he goes too, but having him last season couldn’t help them advance further In the playoffs. They have bigger issues.

They need to draft better and find some young cheap reclamation projects to fill out the roster because their bench is thin as shit with or without KCP.

Last edited:
I understand why they didn’t overpay for Brown or go into tax hell for KCP.

They have what they believe to be their core 4 players and they payed them accordingly. Now they have to make smarter moves to build around those guys. I might agree with you if you stated that they maybe have their core 4 wrong and making a move off one of them could assist in evening out the roster.

But….

Let’s be honest. Do you truly believe that if KCP would’ve been resigned Denver would’ve been a championship contender as currently constituted? Caldwell-Pope is a really good player and will help any team he goes too, but having him last season could help them advance further In the playoffs. They have bigger issues.

They need to draft better and find some young cheap reclamation projects to fill out the roster because their bench is thin as shit with or without KCP.

Their issues are losing key rotational pieces for nothing and not having any quality depth

They need a back up center......guess what they do? They bring back DeAndre Jordan again for a 3rd year taking up a roster space

KCP a top 15 shooting guard in the league and just letting him leave for nothing and thinking you can replace him with a Christian Braun who is like a 7th or 8th man is crazy

They keep drafting older players thinking that they think are NBA ready but don't have a lot of upside

Just a difference of opinion but I don't see how anyone can loom at this offseason and last summer and think Denver is making good moves

Murray extension hasn't even kicked in yet and Gordon about to demand a new contract next summer

Like you have a championship team right now and you're deciding to be cheap about it

Back