Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
@#1hiphopjunki3

How much do you value sochan?

Is he a long term piece to you?

Do you think he has any decent upside offensively?

Idk how I feel about him
I think he is a long term piece for the simple fact that you have him in SA. Unless you can draft another one, you lock him up bcuz free agents ain't rushing to come there. He has a secure spot in the rotation imo.

@#1hiphopjunki3

How much do you value sochan?

Is he a long term piece to you?

Do you think he has any decent upside offensively?

Idk how I feel about him

He is coming up on his second season and hopefully he keeps building on the skills he showed.

I wanted us to draft him and I’ve liked a lot of things he has showed offensively and defensively. I think us not being that good helped him utilize things that he practiced in live game time, which was also good.

Offensively he showed that he has pretty decent (when he shot a few) touch in the midrange, solid passing, solid handle, really good ability to play off ball, and good finishing. If he can continuously knock down the corner 3 he is going to be a pretty good overall player. Defensively he was pretty versatile and solid as a rookie.

The front office and him have a decent amount of time to figure out if he is a long term piece and I think it’s a bit early to worry about that type of stuff with him. I like what I seen last season though.

He is coming up on his second season and hopefully he keeps building on the skills he showed.

I wanted us to draft him and I’ve liked a lot of things he has showed offensively and defensively. I think us not being that good helped him utilize things that he practiced in live game time, which was also good.

Offensively he showed that he has pretty decent (when he shot a few) touch in the midrange, solid passing, solid handle, really good ability to play off ball, and good finishing. If he can continuously knock down the corner 3 he is going to be a pretty good overall player. Defensively he was pretty versatile and solid as a rookie.

The front office and him have a decent amount of time to figure out if he is a long term piece and I think it’s a bit early to worry about that type of stuff with him. I like what I seen last season though.

In theory I think Sochan is the ideal type of player you want next to Wemby

How he develops as a shooter is such a swing skill for him....how confident are you that he can become even like a 32-35% shooter?

I think it's really dope that he shoots free-throw one handed because it shows where he's at mentally and the dedication...but if someone is shooting freeethows one handed that doesn't bode well for their 3pt shooting hopes

Like you said though plenty of time and I think he's going to be a solid starter for 10 plus years

In theory I think Sochan is the ideal type of player you want next to Wemby

How he develops as a shooter is such a swing skill for him....how confident are you that he can become even like a 32-35% shooter?

I think it's really dope that he shoots free-throw one handed because it shows where he's at mentally and the dedication...but if someone is shooting freeethows one handed that doesn't bode well for their 3pt shooting hopes

Like you said though plenty of time and I think he's going to be a solid starter for 10 plus years

His midrange shot doesn’t look too bad. He shot a few of those and some fade away jumpers from midrange and he showed nice touch.

His 3 point shot needs a lot of work though. His form was never consistent when he shot from there early in the season. Once he switched over to the 1 handed free throws all of his jump shots started to get a bit more consistent.

The one handed free throw shooting showed that he has pretty good touch and it’s just the mechanics/ him thinking too much about where his guide hand should be, that kinda caused issues with his shooting. The 3 point shot, will come along in time. I don’t think he is gonna be Steph Curry or Ray Allen, but if he keeps working on it he can be a consistent low to mid 30’s from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back