Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys think Obi Toppin will show why he was a top 10 pick in his draft class playing with Haliburton?

The Pacers have an interesting team. I don’t think they will be great and I don’t think they will stink barring injuries.

I’m super interested to see how Obi, Benedict, Jarace, and most of all Bruce Brown plays this upcoming season. I wonder will Bruce try to do too much to prove he deserves his deal? Will he stay like the same Bruce Brown from Denver’s regular season or will he improve on the finals run he had?

do you guys think Obi Toppin will show why he was a top 10 pick in his draft class playing with Haliburton?

The Pacers have an interesting team. I don’t think they will be great and I don’t think they will stink barring injuries.

I’m super interested to see how Obi, Benedict, Jarace, and most of all Bruce Brown plays this upcoming season. I wonder will Bruce try to do too much to prove he deserves his deal? Will he stay like the same Bruce Brown from Denver’s regular season or will he improve on the finals run he had?
Unfortunately no

And I forgot he was on the pacers

Bruce brown/Isaiah Jackson/Jarace are better players in theory and they affect him along with Mathurin (if he’s still going to come off the bench)

he will be more entertaining to watch in Indy though

I really wish the Cavs drafted him instead of okoro just for his sake

Bruce brown not improving on anything but that’s fine

Unfortunately no

And I forgot he was on the pacers

Bruce brown/Isaiah Jackson/Jarace are better players in theory and they affect him along with Mathurin (if he’s still going to come off the bench)

he will be more entertaining to watch in Indy though

I really wish the Cavs drafted him instead of okoro just for his sake

Bruce brown not improving on anything but that’s fine
What position do you think Brown will log most of his minutes? Do you think he will start and keep his starting position for most of the season?

What position do you think Brown will log most of his minutes? Do you think he will start and keep his starting position for most of the season?
Hmm I know he personally said he didn’t like playing PF and shit like the nets had him

I think he’s best starting with haliburton and Hield with Turner and Jarace

I think it just makes sense for him to start and stay the starter

The only reason why I would put him to the bench is if they feel like Mathurin can’t do the bench thing and hield is still there

It really is wild to think about the impact of the Kevin Porter Jr era and the ripple effects of this debacle especially considering how much Houston try to accommodate him and gave him opportunities

Evan Mobley refused to workout for the Rockets because his Pops was also a coach at USC and didn't want his son anywhere near Porter Jr....Rockets pass on him for Jalen Green

Cam Whitmore probably was going to spend most of the year in the G-League....now he's going to be on the main roster getting rotation minutes

I hate that this happened at all but I can't say enough how glad I am that it happened before the season started.....legit could've been a season from hell because of this or something else that he did throughout the course of the year

Maybe not enough to show top 10 justification but I think he's going to be a great fit in Indiana and they're going to utilize him way better than New York ever did and plus he'll be playing next to a floor spacing big in Turner

Pacers were one of the most up tempo and heavy transition teams in the league and Haliburton one of the best when it comes to throw ahead passes(might be the best)...very a effective pick and roll point guard who should be able to connect on a ton of lobs

It really is wild to think about the impact of the Kevin Porter Jr era and the ripple effects of this debacle especially considering how much Houston try to accommodate him and gave him opportunities

Evan Mobley refused to workout for the Rockets because his Pops was also a coach at USC and didn't want his son anywhere near Porter Jr....Rockets pass on him for Jalen Green

Cam Whitmore probably was going to spend most of the year in the G-League....now he's going to be on the main roster getting rotation minutes

I hate that this happened at all but I can't say enough how glad I am that it happened before the season started.....legit could've been a season from hell because of this or something else that he did throughout the course of the year

I know I’m going to sound crazy saying this, but I feel this whole situation is sad. Kevin Porter Jr. Obviously needs assistance. Dude has some serious mental health issues and it seemed like he was getting it together in Houston before this.

He definitely shouldn’t be on an NBA roster for a long time, if not forever. The scary/sad thing is, what will he become without the structure of the NBA and the assistance he was getting to help with his issues?

As far as your team and the roster, I think it’s a good thing he will not be playing. Dude has talent, but he doesn’t really have the greatest basketball IQ in my opinion. Him getting cut or suspended helps trim the fat. Your team has a glut of wing/guards. You’re gonna need a backup point guard now though. Eason (I wish we could trade for him) and Thompson should get way more minutes because of this. His fuck up is a blessing in disguise for that Rockets roster.

I think it’s cool Giannis is going to work with Olajuwon, but he needs to work of consistently hitting his free throws and mid range jumper.

If he could consistently hit 75% from the line and 15 foot jumpers he would be even more dangerous than he is.

I read that Porter Jr. attacked his lady while she was sleeping but it came from NBA Central so I don't really believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back