Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
Individually I like a lot of that talent on Toronto but as collective the writing is on the wall imo

As long as they get everything figured out and resolved before the deadline though they should he fine

Trailer-Park-Bugatti.jpg

did my man neemias dirty after they finally gave him an actual real contract lol

I would also prefer Noel over Thomas Bryant but oh well

His career has been a dumpster fire after the mavs

🤔

Disney and Warner Bros. Discovery are in an exclusive negotiating window with the NBA on TV rights. But when the window ends in the spring, don’t be surprised if NBC Universal enters the race in conjunction with a current rightsholder.

WWE president and former CAA executive Nick Khan dropped that rumor during a recent appearance on The Bill Simmons Podcast.

“I would look for partnership on that,” Khan said. “Does NBC go to what is now Warner Bros. Discovery and say let’s split a package where we NBCU get Tuesday nights, you guys keep Thursday nights, and oh by the way, Warner Bros. produces all the games for us?”

“That could happen. I’m hearing some rumblings of that.”

Khan expanded on his theory by indicating that media companies exploring potential consolidation or mergers will want to keep costs low while still building out content libraries. If NBC wants back in on the NBA but doesn’t want to invest hundreds of millions in production, they could strike a coproduction or licensing agreement with WBD and its subsidiary WBD Sports.

If not NBCUniversal and WBD, Khan also threw out an ESPN/Apple partnership as another hypothetical version of such an agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back