Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about RJ what changed I figured he wouldn't even be on the list lol. I might switch Segun and Lamelo I haven't seen much growth with him granted that team is a damn mess too.
RJ has his flaws like inconsistency at times and not being a strong shooter but he stays healthy, and he would be even better if he was on another team as his production would go up. He’s just very steady

He plays with Julius randle and Brunson and plays for thibs so he’s a bit hamstrung but despite that he still gives you steady solid production

RJ has his flaws like inconsistency at times and not being a strong shooter but he stays healthy, and he would be even better if he was on another team as his production would go up. He’s just very steady

He plays with Julius randle and Brunson and plays for thibs so he’s a bit hamstrung but despite that he still gives you steady solid production
Respect.

@Sony Montana watched ALOT of the FIBA tournament. RJ was great there.

I will let the Lamelo swipe slide, for now.
Hey man I didn't say he was wack lol just right now stagnate.

Beta’s updated 24 Under 24 List:

Criteria: Recent Performance, Breakout potential, Health, Numbers (s/o Larry June)

1. Anthony Edwards
2. Tyrese haliburton (See I don’t hate him!)
3. Jaren Jackson
4. Lamelo Ball
5. Paolo Banchero

6. Jalen Williams
7. Franz Wagner
8. RJ Barrett
9. Zion Williamson
10. Jabari smith (I really could put him #8)

11. Evan Mobley
12. Darius garland
13. Trey Murphy
14. Alperun Sengun
15. Scottie barnes

16. Josh Giddey
17. Tyrese maxey (see? not biased)
18. Jalen green
19. Tyler Herro
20. Cade Cunningham (Sixers era MCW)

21. Walker Kessler
22. Devin Vassell
23. Jalen Duren
24. Jaden Mcdaniels

Next 5/Missed the Cut

Keldon Johnson
Keegan Murray
Jaden Ivey
Mark Williams
Benedict Mathurin

This was a tough list to make

So for me...

-Even with all the shenanigans Zion has to be number 1, he's the only player to play at a top 10 level, damn near MVP level and the Pels were sitting at the top of the conference when he was healthy

-RJ Barrett at 8 is wild

-We already knew JJJ cant rebound or stay out foul trouble but the way he was exposed in the World Cup I don't to hear shit about Jaren

-Way too low on Cade

-Jabari....you see it

-I'll put money that you have Jalen Green ahead of Scottie Barnes and Josh Giddey half way through this season

-Evan Mobley too low but I'll admit his offensive ceiling probably isn't as high as people thought

-Lamelo is a hard player for me to evaluate when it comes to this kind of stuff.....the conventional stats and the advance stats say he's that dude....but when you watch him you don't feel his impact as a heliocentric offensive engine....I'm still a believer though. Like I'm not sure Haliburton is above him but I'm ok with that placement for now

So for me...

-Even with all the shenanigans Zion has to be number 1, he's the only player to play at a top 10 level, damn near MVP level and the Pels were sitting at the top of the conference when he was healthy

-RJ Barrett at 8 is wild

-We already knew JJJ cant rebound or stay out foul trouble but the way he was exposed in the World Cup I don't to hear shit about Jaren

-Way too low on Cade

-Jabari....you see it

-I'll put money that you have Jalen Green ahead of Scottie Barnes and Josh Giddey half way through this season

-Evan Mobley too low but I'll admit his offensive ceiling probably isn't as high as people thought

-Lamelo is a hard player for me to evaluate when it comes to this kind of stuff.....the conventional stats and the advance stats say he's that dude....but when you watch him you don't feel his impact as a heliocentric offensive engine....I'm still a believer though. Like I'm not sure Haliburton is above him but I'm ok with that placement for now
Health plays a decent factor on my list

It’s the only reason why Zion is that low

RJ I won’t fight you on that lol

JJJ’s rim protection and him being an all star is what helped me push him up and I intially had him lower (but I factored in his recent success)

There’s nobody else on that list who’s done what he has defensively yet

Won’t fight you on that

Cade…again health and not being good shooter and idk how well he’s going to perform next season with ausar and Ivey I need to see a great amount of games but I wouldn’t have an issue having him top 10 next season because his raw stats are great. It’s kinda fun to hate though

I like Jalen green a lot and I know more than others. I think I have Ignite bias

Idk about over Giddey man that’s my guy lol but I’ll let you know if I do change my mind

But that’s your list so I’m not gonna oppose anything really. Not like what I said is absolute

A lot of this was splitting hairs a bit so I’m open to being “wrong”

Health plays a decent factor on my list

It’s the only reason why Zion is that low

RJ I won’t fight you on that lol

JJJ’s rim protection and him being an all star is what helped me push him up and I intially had him lower (but I factored in his recent success)

There’s nobody else on that list who’s done what he has defensively yet

Won’t fight you on that

Cade…again health and not being good shooter and idk how well he’s going to perform next season with ausar and Ivey I need to see a great amount of games but I wouldn’t have an issue having him top 10 next season because his raw stats are great. It’s kinda fun to hate though

I like Jalen green a lot and I know more than others. I think I have Ignite bias

Idk about over Giddey man that’s my guy lol but I’ll let you know if I do change my mind

But that’s your list so I’m not gonna oppose anything really

Mobley, Barnes, Cunningham and Green all have have something to prove this season which very interesting....we might be looking at all those players very differently at the end of the year

Mobley, Barnes, Cunningham and Green all have have something to prove this season which very interesting....we might be looking at all those players very differently at the end of the year
Hmm yeah now that you say that that’s true.

Mobley needs to show a bit more offensively and maybe be a tad bit stronger but he also is the 3rd option so I really can’t kill him too much

Scottie needs to have a season that’s not identical again and he needs to be more mature

Btw I like Scottie barnes the least outta these guys

BUT I’m probably a bit unfair

He does play with Siakam AND Anunoby

Jalen green needs to be more efficient and needs to show he can play winning basketball (not worried about him at all)

Cade.. well we already know

Beta’s updated 24 Under 24 List:

Criteria: Recent Performance, Breakout potential, Health, Numbers (s/o Larry June)

1. Anthony Edwards
2. Tyrese haliburton (See I don’t hate him!)
3. Jaren Jackson
4. Lamelo Ball
5. Paolo Banchero

6. Jalen Williams
7. Franz Wagner
8. RJ Barrett
9. Zion Williamson
10. Jabari smith (I really could put him #8)

11. Evan Mobley
12. Darius garland
13. Trey Murphy
14. Alperun Sengun
15. Scottie barnes

16. Josh Giddey
17. Tyrese maxey (see? not biased)
18. Jalen green
19. Tyler Herro
20. Cade Cunningham (Sixers era MCW)

21. Walker Kessler
22. Devin Vassell
23. Jalen Duren
24. Jaden Mcdaniels

Next 5/Missed the Cut

Keldon Johnson
Keegan Murray
Jaden Ivey
Mark Williams
Benedict Mathurin

This was a tough list to make
Oh brother more JJJ propaganda

1694550561630.gif

Hmm yeah now that you say that that’s true.

Mobley needs to show a bit more offensively and maybe be a tad bit stronger but he also is the 3rd option so I really can’t kill him too much

Scottie needs to have a season that’s not identical again and he needs to be more mature

Btw I like Scottie barnes the least outta these guys

BUT I’m probably a bit unfair

He does play with Siakam AND Anunoby

Jalen green needs to be more efficient and needs to show he can play winning basketball (not worried about him at all)

Cade.. well we already know

I like Scottie the least out of that group too but like you said he's probably in the worst situation to succeed right now because of the redundancy and construction of the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back