Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m going to sound crazy saying this, but I feel this whole situation is sad. Kevin Porter Jr. Obviously needs assistance. Dude has some serious mental health issues and it seemed like he was getting it together in Houston before this.

He definitely shouldn’t be on an NBA roster for a long time, if not forever. The scary/sad thing is, what will he become without the structure of the NBA and the assistance he was getting to help with his issues?

As far as your team and the roster, I think it’s a good thing he will not be playing. Dude has talent, but he doesn’t really have the greatest basketball IQ in my opinion. Him getting cut or suspended helps trim the fat. Your team has a glut of wing/guards. You’re gonna need a backup point guard now though. Eason (I wish we could trade for him) and Thompson should get way more minutes because of this. His fuck up is a blessing in disguise for that Rockets roster.

A lot of people believed in him and thought he could succeed with a better support system but couldn't take advantage of the incredible opportunity that had been provided to him despite not even necessarily deserving it

Can only image the things that have happened behind the scenes and all the stuff we haven't heard about especially considering they're saying now that he had a history of abusing her

Rockets tried to help but probably enabled him at times and let him get away with too much

As far as on the court goes....I was really hoping he embraced the 6th man role and lead the second unit with Amen Thompson while playing off ball and getting more catch and shoot opportunities...thought he really might have a shot at 6th man of they year if he bought it

Oh well, just have to move on and make the best of a fucked up situation

A lot of people believed in him and thought he could succeed with a better support system but couldn't take advantage of the incredible opportunity that had been provided to him despite not even necessarily deserving it

Can only image the things that have happened behind the scenes and all the stuff we haven't heard about especially considering they're saying now that he had a history of abusing her

Rockets tried to help but probably enabled him at times and let him get away with too much

As far as on the court goes....I was really hoping he embraced the 6th man role and lead the second unit with Amen Thompson while playing off ball and getting more catch and shoot opportunities...thought he really might have a shot at 6th man of they year if he bought it

Oh well, just have to move on and make the best of a fucked up situation

Its always fucked up to see someone fuck up an oppurtunity where they could have set up their family with generational wealth.

That said, he just became an example of what not to do for the kids coming up after him

Nurkic
Grant
Sharpe
Simons
Dame
With Scoot off the bench is not  that bad.

They lack any discernible depth, but the thought pieces about lying to Dame are a bit much.
Don't forget Matisse Thybulle. Plus Jabari Walker could develop into a nice player. Rookie Kris Murray is going to be one of the more NBA-ready rookies.

Even the roster they had last year wasn't that bad. The coaching could be a big issue with this team.

I think the people in his life failed him. He's still responsible for his own actions but imagine how people close to him knew about the red flags and ignored them or didn't give it the attention it deserved cause he was good at basketball.

I see this far too often. Kid is pretty decent and the coaches just coddle him cause he helps give them the best chance to make the playoffs

I think the people in his life failed him. He's still responsible for his own actions but imagine how people close to him knew about the red flags and ignored them or didn't give it the attention it deserved cause he was good at basketball.

I see this far too often. Kid is pretty decent and the coaches just coddle him cause he helps give them the best chance to make the playoffs
Fam im not saying you wrong.

Im just saying people and the system fails a ton of people thats not good at basketball too.

Its a ton of mfers in jail that acted out in violence or stole someshit due to unresolved childhood trauma.

As a society we not good at dealing with this shit wether we rich or poor or talented or not.

Fam im not saying you wrong.

Im just saying people and the system fails a ton of people thats not good at basketball too.

Its a ton of mfers in jail that acted out in violence or stole someshit due to unresolved childhood trauma.

As a society we not good at dealing with this shit wether we rich or poor or talented or not.
Absolutely

In this particular instance, he had the access to the help vs the people that didn't you reference.

More than anything once he got on, that's when it should've really been encouraged cause he had even more access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back