Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023 NBA Draft Thread

I am ok with this. The gap btw Miller and Scoot is very small.

The thing that impresses me about Brandon Miller the most is how fast he improves his game. Coming into college, the scouting report on him was he was not a good three point shooter. Within a month into the college season, he was already one of the best three point shooters in College. In the 1-2 months of the season, he was terrible in the paint. I even compared him unfavorably to Jabari Smith, lol.

This is concerning though. I won’t fixate on it like I did with Jabari last season bcos Jabari was been pushed as the number 1 pick, Miller is not.

Hopefully as Brandon Miller gets strong, he will do better in the paint.

By conference play, dude had already started to figure things out and was no longer a liability.

If i was the Hornets GM, i would draft Scoot, but i am not rolling with the narrative that is going to get amplified on Friday morning that Scoot is a way better prospect than Miller and the Hornets are dumb.

Also Lamelo >>>> Scoot, so maybe this is clouding my judgement.

Scoot been penciled in as #2 since like October to the point I didn’t think Miller could do anything to jump him

Plus you usually take BPA but we are at the point where fit matters because like you said, the gap is very small

Scoot been penciled in as #2 since like October to the point I didn’t think Miller could do anything to jump him

Plus you usually take BPA but we are at the point where fit matters because like you said, the gap is very small
I kinda blame Scoot for this, lol. Dude coasted this season. He had a reputation of being hard working and very competitive coming into the season, so people are giving him a pass. That's understandable.

I kinda blame Scoot for this, lol. Dude coasted this season. He had a reputation of being hard working and very competitive coming into the season, so people are giving him a pass. That's understandable.
I heard somewhere he kinda tailed off a bit as the season winded down this year. Also I wonder if him struggling to score during Allstar weekend mattered at all lol

I really like Brandon Miller I can see him being better than scoot 100%

Wouldn’t blame the hornets at all for taking him

Scoot being #3 let’s me know portland trades Dame

No way you keep Dame instead of a Scoot/Sharpe pairing

Not unless you want to get fired and never work in a front office again

@#1hiphopjunki3

Not sure if theres any truth to this but theres been some smoke. How would you feel about swapping Keldon/ (preferably)Vassell for 6 and potentially additional assets(Okeke/Anthony/Bol/protected frp). Id almost be willing to trade both of our lottery picks for Vassell if thats what it took. Hes a perfect fit for our roster.

There has a lot of talk about the squad trying to get back in the lotto. I would rather ( if they had to) trade Keldon due to the poor defense and lack of true shot creation. Keldon is currently my favorite player on the team and he is a fan favorite throughout.

A local reporter a couple days ago asked our GM about trying to trade up and he said they are exploring avenues. The reporter then asked if Keldon might get moved to do this and Brian Wright quickly replied we are trying to keep our players to see how they fit and he doesn’t see moving Keldon as a good option. He talked about moving those future draft picks we acquired when trading some of our players the last few seasons as the most viable options to move up.

We will see though. Orlando does have some solid guys who would be good to swap with.

Last edited:
Scoot and Shaedon on the same team is gonna be something.

Though if the Hornets do indeed take Miller, I can imagine that the offers from teams looking to trade up will get considerably better.

Scoot being #3 let’s me know portland trades Dame

No way you keep Dame instead of a Scoot/Sharpe pairing

Not unless you want to get fired and never work in a front office again

They're not gonna trade him. And he's not saying that he'd want out if they keep the pick.

LBJ are only 6 seasons older than Paul George

How the fuck you say you grew up watching PG and not LBJ is comical since one has dominated and just was in a finals and WCF while “your goat” been playing

Bruh is legit funny

Back