Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Question for the field:

When are the pelicans going to contend if ever?

Is this their “contending” team?

I mean it’s

CJ
Ingram
Zion
Jonas

With decent role players around them

They also about to be a luxury tax team so they wouldn’t even be able to afford this roster soon

If this is a “young and upcoming” team, how long are they gonna have this label?

Question for the field:

I mean it’s

CJ
Ingram
Zion
Jonas

They also about to be a luxury tax team so they wouldn’t even be able to afford this roster soon

If this is a “young and upcoming” team, how long are they gonna have this label?
This is the season to do damage in the playoffs and shed that label. The west isn't nearly as ridiculously super team heavy like before

Lol nah you come every so often saying a version of

“I don’t really watch the NBA much anymore but I happened to catch the game last night…They shoot too many threes now and it’s horrible”

You been saying a variation of this for seemingly 2 years lol

I just wanna know when does it end? Lol

How many times you gonna have the same conversation? I’m curious
Fam really misses Barkley bringing the ball up and playing with his back to the basket for 22 seconds every possesion

Question for the field:

I mean it’s

CJ
Ingram
Zion
Jonas

This is a middle of the pack team and unless Zion and Ingram take another step up this will be as good as this gets for this iteration of the team.

Question for the field:

I mean it’s

CJ
Ingram
Zion
Jonas

This is the season to do damage in the playoffs and shed that label. The west isn't nearly as ridiculously super team heavy like before

I think they need to consolidate and move some pieces around on this team and personally I would be more proactive about this situation because I would be looking to get off CJ and JV....but I understand them wanting to see what this group can do together and letting things gel a bit more.....that hot start they had last season when they were first in the west for a time probably makes then feel compelled to keep it together a little longer

Willie Green probably does need to be replaced at some point though

I think they need to consolidate and move some pieces around on this team and personally I would be more proactive about this situation because I would be looking to get off CJ and JV....but I understand them wanting to see what this group can do together and letting things gel a bit more.....that hot start they had last season when they were first in the west for a time probably makes then feel compelled to keep it together a little longer

Those 6 days were the peak of pelicans basketball for YEARS

Wild to think

They gotta be proactive and move Alvarado who they can’t afford and I can see the argument for CJ both ways

They need his leadership and stability

But there’s no other avenue to get better unless you package up Marshall, Hawkins, Daniels for someone

I still think the best move is moving Zion which they wouldn’t do because that’s the only reason why ppl fill that arena up to 78% capacity

Back