Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a couple games last night, it occurred to me that regular games in the modern NBA feel like 90s/00s Allstar games. Allstar games back then were different. They actually competed, but they did lighten up on defense a little and they did opt for flashier offense when compared to normal games.

Games today are way more 3 pt oriented than even past All-star games, but the pacing and the way plays play out is very similar. Am I bugging or what?

Watching a couple games last night, it occurred to me that regular games in the modern NBA feel like 90s/00s Allstar games. Allstar games back then were different. They actually competed, but they did lighten up on defense a little and they did opt for flashier offense when compared to normal games.

Games today are way more 3 pt oriented than even past All-star games, but the pacing and the way plays play out is very similar. Am I bugging or what?
IMG_7939.gif

You say this same shit in a slightly diff way once every 3 weeks lol fuck off

I try to make sense of NBA basketball every time I watch it, but this is the first time I've drawn the connection between the modern game and the past All-star games.

I get it. You don't care. Move along.

Lol nah you come every so often saying a version of

“I don’t really watch the NBA much anymore but I happened to catch the game last night…They shoot too many threes now and it’s horrible”

You been saying a variation of this for seemingly 2 years lol

I just wanna know when does it end? Lol

How many times you gonna have the same conversation? I’m curious

Lol nah you come every so often saying a version of

“I don’t really watch the NBA much anymore but I happened to catch the game last night…They shoot too many threes now and it’s horrible”

You been saying a variation of this for seemingly 2 years lol

I just wanna know when does it end? Lol

How many times you gonna have the same conversation? I’m curious

That's not what I said though. I've been watching the NBA regularly all season, as I've said multiple times this season.

I've never called it horrible. I've said the style ain't really for me, but I understand why others like it. My post was meant for people who watched in the 90s and 00s and was specifically about whether or not anyone else saw the similarities between All-star games in that era and today's game. All this other shit you want to tie to it is irrelevant.

The 90s was 30 years ago fam.

No sport looks the same when you compare eras 30 years apart.

Go to the NFL thread and ask why there are way more 300 and 400 yard games now compared to the 90s and theyll tell you the same thing.

Seasons change, nothing remains the same.

Coming back to a sport after years and years and ask why it doesnt look the same is a fools errand.

Last edited:
That's not what I said though. I've been watching the NBA regularly all season, as I've said multiple times this season.

I've never called it horrible. I've said the style ain't really for me, but I understand why others like it. My post was meant for people who watched in the 90s and 00s and was specifically about whether or not anyone else saw the similarities between All-star games in that era and today's game. All this other shit you want to tie to it is irrelevant.
Lol okay yeah I’m wrong and completely off base

Love you bro

The 90s was 30 years ago fam.

No sport looks the same when you compare eras 30 years apart.

Go to the NFL thread and ask why there are wat more 300 and 400 yard games now compared to the 90s and theyll tell you the same thing.

Seasons change, nothing remains the same.

Coming back to a sport after years and years and ask why it doesnt look the same is a fools errand.

lol I've never done that though. Ya'll bugging. I ain't going to lie and say I haven't come in and reminisced about missing past basketball. I know I've done that several times. At one time I did legit think modern NBA is trash. The more I watch it. The less I feel that way. Some things about it still bug me about it, but I do get why ya'll like it now.

My post really wasn't about that though. I honestly do think the modern game feels like old school All-star games. That's not even a bad thing because people liked the All-star games back then. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the moves the league made with the rules were intended to capture that type of feel. I was just asking if anyone else saw a similarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back