Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

City drunk... 🤣

City still playing with that Henny in them???

2024-manchester-citys-kyle-walker-902955502.jpg

City still playing with that Henny in them???

Yes but also the first half was a tactical masterclass by the manager even tho Rashford was trying to sabotage it by coming inside too much and not pressing like his teammates.

But the main point is just look at the difference The Butcher and Varane make. I always smile inside when people say that injuries don’t make a difference.

Injuries don’t make a difference when your club cheated (115 times) years ago so you can now afford a bench that is almost like for like to your first team.

Yes but also the first half was a tactical masterclass by the manager even tho Rashford was trying to sabotage it by coming inside too much and not pressing like his teammates.

But the main point is just look at the difference The Butcher and Varane make. I always smile inside when people say that injuries don’t make a difference.

Injuries don’t make a difference when your club cheated (115 times) years ago so you can now afford a bench that is almost like for like to your first team.

I agree injuries definitely make a difference but if you got a style of play you should be able slot players in and out and put up fight, even when youre not winning which weve not done this season... Some players just didnt give a sh!t even when fit...

Its telling that the two players that scored today are two of the players that have given 100% this season...

Shame weve not had Varane this season, such a class player...

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
I agree injuries definitely make a difference but if you got a style of play you should be able slot players in and out and put up fight even when youre not winning which weve not done this season... Some players just didnt give a sh!t even when fit this season...

Its telling that the two players that scored are two of the players that have given 100% this season...

Shame weve not had Varane this season, such a class player...

I’ll get back to this post and style of play. Ironically the set up today suits Maguire.

But don’t buy into media and pundit bullshit that ETH doesn’t have a style of play. He’s gone pragmatic today but his style of play requires the back have a high line. Only Varane, Licha and Shaw can do this. And believe it or not, our midfield badly missed Fred this season.

Unfortunately ETH tried to slot players in all season as you suggested rather than adapting to the players we had available. Hence finishing in 8th. Bad management imo.

I’ll get back to this post and style of play. Ironically the set up today suits Maguire.

But don’t buy into media and pundit bullshit that ETH doesn’t have a style of play. He’s gone pragmatic today but his style of play requires the back have a high line. Only Varane, Licha and Shaw can do this. And believe it or not, our midfield badly missed Fred this season.

Unfortunately ETH tried to slot players in all season as you suggested rather than adapting to the players we had available. Hence finishing in 8th. Bad management imo.

I just dont see our identity week in week out I said before the media even picked up on it as is has been picked up more now... City, Liverpool even Luton, Brighton you can see what they are about, win, lose or draw...

What are we this season??? At times we try pass out from the back, sometimes press, sometimes sitback deep and invite pressure to counter, sometimes we hold a high line, then sometimes we try be the OG Untied with flying wingers... Its just been chaotic...

Last season we were seemed a pressing team (or tried to be)... This season it just looked like we said 'right get on with it lads'... Again injuries and poor form havnt helped but the players looked confused at times...

We look bang up for it today though...

Almost 8/1 underdogs going into this game is mental... Will be so satisfying seeing this out with City's owners playing career mode with the cheat code...

I just dont see our identity week in week out I said before the media even picked up on it as is has been picked up more now... City, Liverpool even Luton, Brighton you can see what they are about, win, lose or draw...

What are we this season??? At times we try pass out from the back, sometimes press, sometimes sitback deep and invite pressure to counter, sometimes we hold a high line, then sometimes we try be the OG Untied with flying wingers... Its just been chaotic...

Last season we were seemed a pressing team (or tried to be)... This season it just looked like we said 'right get on with it lads'... Again injuries and poor form havnt helped but the players looked confused at times...

We look bang up for it today though...
Bro, true im watching the game I only read the first sentence. I’ll get back to you if you wanna discuss.

If he’s trying to slot players in due to injury to play his style of play, and those players are not capable, you won’t see the style of play. This is why you haven’t seen the best of Onana….injuries.

I feel like we’re about to get the news ETH is gone. Right after this game. But honestly I feel it’s unfair. But I will say he has made BIG mistakes too…

I expect an announcement before Tuesday that he will be sacked.

Back