Welcome To aBlackWeb

2023/2024 Football/Soccer Thread ⚽️

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't until listening to The Rest Is Football that I realised he even went to Barca and the impact he had overall in managing. Also, he competed at every level for England (sorry if this has already been mentioned on here). I'll admit I just think of Euro 96 with him... but that was the GOAT tournament

Yeah Im similar, he was before my time... I knew he was at Barca but didnt realise the impact he had and that Barca were in a major dry spell when he went there... Mad to think Barca going a decade without winning a title...

I also didnt realise he had a such a high football IQ, bringing pressing to Barca etc and all the players and managers from Pep, Lineker to Gary Neville saying he was a football genius... I thought he was good manager that helped bring good vibes to the camp but seems he was legit high level manager, hence the Euro 96 run...

Shows how sh!t the FA were to get rid of him because of his working class attitude and business outside football activity (not that they would admit that)... They would rather have safe yes men and have football mediocrity...

He reminds me off Ray Winstone in 'Sexy Beast' haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back