Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk I didn’t think that hard tbh about who I would trade for him but I would think the wizards are not THAT high on him at this point. I feel like he’s very attainable

I want Rui for 3 reasons

1. I think he has tools to be as good as tobias Harris and I know he’s not gonna be developed the way he needs to in Washington

2. He’s Japanese and Beninese lol

3. We need a 4 and he would be a nice young one to have that’s on Bam and Herro’s timeline who can also help the current team now

he would play nicely off Bam for sure. Gotta keep working on his shooting range. Dude is a solid finishers and mid range shooter and he plays hard. Still needs to get better defensively though.

Tobias Harris is a really good player, he is just overpaid. Dude can score the ball multiple ways. Defensively he should be better than what he is though.

he would play nicely off Bam for sure. Gotta keep working on his shooting range. Dude is a solid finishers and mid range shooter and he plays hard. Still needs to get better defensively though.

Tobias Harris is a really good player, he is just overpaid. Dude can score the ball multiple ways. Defensively he should be better than what he is though.
Yeah just from rui being a threat from three is good enough right now until he can get better at increasing his volume

Solid enough rebounder as well but I mean just from shooting the mid range would help a lot from a spacing standpoint

I no longer care about defense as much when I’ve seen the team struggle to score at various stages. That’s why we went with Jovic as well. The defense will always be there. Go for offense

I think tobias is a good player to aspire to be. Contract aside

Yeah just from rui being a threat from three is good enough right now until he can get better at increasing his volume

Solid enough rebounder as well but I mean just from shooting the mid range would help a lot from a spacing standpoint

I no longer care about defense as much when I’ve seen the team struggle to score at various stages. That’s why we went with Jovic as well. The defense will always be there. Go for offense

I think tobias is a good player to aspire to be. Contract aside

I think Jovic is gonna thrive with your team. Dude is a gamer and seems to love the game. I can see your coaching staff helping him zero in and maximizing his strengths while hiding his weaknesses.

Jovic is a pretty solid point forward and if he can tighten his handles and not be a complete liability on defense, your guys will find a way to get him meaningful minutes sooner than later.

I think Jovic is gonna thrive with your team. Dude is a gamer and seems to love the game. I can see your coaching staff helping him zero in and maximizing his strengths while hiding his weaknesses.

Jovic is a pretty solid point forward and if he can tighten his handles and not be a complete liability on defense, your guys will find a way to get him meaningful minutes sooner than later.
You more optimistic than me lol

I know Jovic needs the ball in his hands to minimize his potential and I know spo is gonna mostly treat him like he did Justise winslow by putting him in the corner and with other ball Handlers on this team I don’t see him thriving

Plus I think he will be traded between now and this time next year

If he’s not traded maybe we can start seeing things in year 2 but if anybody emerges this season it’ll be Yurt. The same way gabe, Duncan, and Strus started to emerge in their 2nd year

You more optimistic than me lol

I know Jovic needs the ball in his hands to minimize his potential and I know spo is gonna mostly treat him like he did Justise winslow by putting him in the corner and with other ball Handlers on this team I don’t see him thriving

Plus I think he will be traded between now and this time next year

If he’s not traded maybe we can start seeing things in year 2 but if anybody emerges this season it’ll be Yurt. The same way gabe, Duncan, and Strus started to emerge in their 2nd year

he is definitely better on ball, but he also has a good looking shooting stroke and moves decent off ball. I guess I am a bit more optimistic about his chances. You’re right though about you guys having some dudes before him that is better and more proven on ball Than he is.

dude most likely will be trade fodder. Lmao.

he is definitely better on ball, but he also has a good looking shooting stroke and moves decent off ball. I guess I am a bit more optimistic about his chances. You’re right though about you guys having some dudes before him that is better and more proven on ball Than he is.

dude most likely will be trade fodder. Lmao.
lol yeah I’m not mad at him being trade fodder

In another world if we were a team that had Herro and bam and other young players on it with no Lowry or Jimmy and we drafted him I would feel good about it

But on this particular team? Nah

Recently, comments surfaced from Mark Cuban where he expressed displeasure with the idea of an in-season tournament for the NBA. These comments included Cuban suggesting Dallas might "sit out" the tournament entirely, because wining the NBA Finals is the real goal. With the in-season cup seemingly on the horizon, Marc Stein of Substack reached out to Cuban for clarification on how the Dallas Mavericks owner feels about the in-season tournament.

Cuban said that those comments were "old", and that he is "actually open" to the concept of an in-season tournament. He thinks an in-season cup "has a chance to build interest" if implemented for the 2023-24 NBA season.

In addition to being supportive of the idea of a tournament, Cuban said he'd like to see the NBA Draft expanded by two rounds. The Mavs governor would like to see a four-round draft and the winner of the in-season cup given the top pick in the third and fourth rounds, with an added stipulation that those selections can't be traded.

The NBA Draft has been in its current two-round format since 1989. Any changes to the NBA Draft would need to be collectively bargained between the NBA and NBPA.

I don't like expanding the draft because undrafted free agents have more control over their career being able to pick teams/situations they might have a better chance at making or fitting.

Let's say I'm a UFA playing for the Mavs. I already know I'm not resigning with them in the summer. Why would I bust my ass for them so they can win a tourney and get more picks?

If anything, I'm trying to help the team that I plan on going to win the tourney, not the team I'm leaving.

Adding rounds to the draft would make sense if every team got their own G league team and actually used the league as a farm system, as well as adding to the amount of 2 way contracts.

I still think alot of the undrafted free agents like the way it is now because they can choose their on path some what

Been watching old nfl films highlights all weekend.

The nba has failed it's fans by not having a real nba films type programming. Not that bullshit on nbatv.
I'm talking about a yearbook show for each team to get that fanbase hyped for the upcoming season. Shit the nfl yearbook is so dope you really think the Jets have a great chance of competing after watching it.
A weekly in depth highlight show with slow motion action and a great voice over guy that ain't trying to audition for a rap label. They could show it on Mondays after the big Sunday matchups.

My point is.
The nfl is what it is today bcuz of the highlights they gave us while no live games were on.

The nba needs to do a better job of that. David Stern had them videotapes of highlights for sale and they were great.

Been watching old nfl films highlights all weekend.

The nba has failed it's fans by not having a real nba films type programming. Not that bullshit on nbatv.
I'm talking about a yearbook show for each team to get that fanbase hyped for the upcoming season. Shit the nfl yearbook is so dope you really think the Jets have a great chance of competing after watching it.
A weekly in depth highlight show with slow motion action and a great voice over guy that ain't trying to audition for a rap label. They could show it on Mondays after the big Sunday matchups.

My point is.
The nfl is what it is today bcuz of the highlights they gave us while no live games were on.

The nba needs to do a better job of that. David Stern had them videotapes of highlights for sale and they were great.
Twitter exists man

That’s a waste of money and resources

Unorganized chaos
lol just saying it’s too late in the game for what you’re specifically asking for

NBA has been popular in the past 10 years or so mostly from social media and with the sharing of highlights there as well

You essentially asking for labels to bring back high budget music videos for artists lol

I saw a lil Wayne video the other day for fireman and I’m watching this shit like yo this did not need to have all of this in it lol

I agree with obviously the NBA not having a good hub for content on TV as we have discussed so much for years but to sum it up, nobody gonna run to watch an hour of old ass highlights on NBATV with commercials when YouTube exists as well

lol just saying it’s too late in the game for what you’re specifically asking for

NBA has been popular in the past 10 years or so mostly from social media and with the sharing of highlights there as well

You essentially asking for labels to bring back high budget music videos for artists lol

I saw a lil Wayne video the other day for fireman and I’m watching this shit like yo this did not need to have all of this in it lol

I agree with obviously the NBA not having a good hub for content on TV as we have discussed so much for years but to sum it up, nobody gonna run to watch an hour of old ass highlights on NBATV with commercials when YouTube exists as well
YouTube got commercials too.

"You were my favorite player growing up. I watched all your gifs on twitter when I was a kid. "

No coincidence that prolly the best nba highlights on youtube or the high production slow motion phantom vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back