Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree

they don’t need to do trade for KD

they could and would want to but they don’t need to do shit honestly

Just keep improving internally. No JJJ for a month into the season? Time for Clarke to step up

Anderson and Melton hurts but Taylor Jenkins is a top 10 coach. He has way too many players at his disposal to not make that work

by the time they peak as a franchise, GS, lakers, and suns won’t be as much as a threat

I wasn't necessarily saying trade for KD, but I think they should be looking to improve this team more than they have

I think people and teams put too many eggs in the "this team is young and only going to get better" or we're just going to trust our process and keep doing what we're doing" basket when things can change so fast

If JA didn't play such a reckless style of basketball maybe I would be willing to be a little more patient but him and JJJ are both kind of ticking time bombs to me injury wise(Jaren more than Ja) and the next 3 years will be the best of JAs career

I think they should be seizing the opportunity instead of trading present for future especially if they're good enough right now to compete

I wasn't necessarily saying trade for KD, but I think they should be looking to improve this team more than they have

I think people and teams put too many eggs in the "this team is young and only going to get better" or we're just going to trust our process and keep doing what we're doing" basket when things can change so fast

If JA didn't play such a reckless style of basketball maybe I would be willing to be a little more patient but him and JJJ are both kind of ticking time bombs to me injury wise(Jaren more than Ja) and the next 3 years will be the best of JAs career

I think they should be seizing the opportunity instead of trading present for future especially if they're good enough right now to compete
Fair but you also have seen teams accelerate timelines and it doesn’t work. As far as Ja’s play style. Yeah true but I mean all athletic players do this their first few years and then they start to calm down. Even if he starts being hurt I V think the grizzlies being a top 3 team as far as depth minimizes that. this applies to JJJ as well. He has Brandon Clarke ready to pick up whatever slack from his absence. Grizzlies just need to eventually get rid of Steven adams to shore up the front court

I do see a path to trade JJJ so you don’t get stuck with an injury prone guy before he’s 24

Just Don’t tell me Melton and Anderson being gone hurts when they have

ziaire Williams
Jake Laravia
David roddy
Kennedy Chandler
Tyus Jones
John konchar

I hear you on seizing the opportunity but I’d honestly just wait 2 years to start trying to seriously seriously try and win a ring

Ja
Bane

You can then trade multiple pieces to get a third guy in there and go from there when the teams I mentioned prior start to go downwards

enjoy the rideeee

hey listen to me this time lol

Fair but you also have seen teams accelerate timelines and it doesn’t work. As far as Ja’s play style. Yeah true but I mean all athletic players do this their first few years and then they start to calm down. Even if he starts being hurt I V think the grizzlies being a top 3 team as far as depth minimizes that. this applies to JJJ as well. He has Brandon Clarke ready to pick up whatever slack from his absence. Grizzlies just need to eventually get rid of Steven adams to shore up the front court

I do see a path to trade JJJ so you don’t get stuck with an injury prone guy before he’s 24

Just Don’t tell me Melton and Anderson being gone hurts when they have

ziaire Williams
Jake Laravia
David roddy
Kennedy Chandler
Tyus Jones
John konchar

I hear you on seizing the opportunity but I’d honestly just wait 2 years to start trying to seriously seriously try and win a ring

Ja
Bane

You can then trade multiple pieces to get a third guy in there and go from there when the teams I mentioned prior start to go downwards

enjoy the rideeee

hey listen to me this time lol

I feel you, especially when talk about teams trying to accelerate the timeline.....but I don't think that really applies to Memphis because unlike those teams Memphis is already there and ready imo, they were very close to beating the Warriors and being in the conference finals this postseason

Like I dont get the point of punting two years.....Deanthony Melton could help you right now and was on a good deal for 2 more seasos but you trade him for a pick in the 20s and draft David Roddy(who I like)

Ziaire Williams and Tyus Jones the only players on that list that will actually help them in the playoffs the season...the rest might help in the regular season

I feel you, especially when talk about teams trying to accelerate the timeline.....but I don't think that really applies to Memphis because unlike those teams Memphis is already there and ready imo, they were very close to beating the Warriors and being in the conference finals this postseason

Like I dont get the point of punting two years.....Deanthony Melton could help you right now and was on a good deal for 2 more seasos but you trade him for a pick in the 20s and draft David Roddy(who I like)

Ziaire Williams and Tyus Jones the only players on that list that will actually help them in the playoffs the season...the rest might help in the regular season
Yeah but to me the Playoffs were slightly fools gold

I think they took the warriors by suprise a bit and capitalized on Klay sucking it up

in reality they shouldn’t have beaten the wolves, it’s just the wolves really shots themselves in the foot about 7x when the game was winding down in multiple games lol

so I don’t think their as close as you would maybe think

Tell me what’s the difference between the grizzlies and the hawks the year prior? (That’s rhetorical)

i wouldnt even call it punting two years just don’t shortcut the growth for 2 years

All you need is tyus and Ziarie in the playoffs because you still have bane, Ja, brooks (eww), JJJ, Clarke

I mean just get something out of one of those other guys (not even big) I mentioned and you’re fine

also if last offseason you said they should tank and this offseason you saying they should not wait so long I think that really illustrates that they should wait

I disagree

they don’t need to do trade for KD

they could and would want to but they don’t need to do shit honestly

Just keep improving internally. No JJJ for a month into the season? Time for Clarke to step up

Anderson and Melton hurts but Taylor Jenkins is a top 10 coach. He has way too many players at his disposal to not make that work

by the time they peak as a franchise, GS, lakers, and suns won’t be as much as a threat

Ahh I hate this mindset

Other teams ain’t gonna be stagnant. OKC was supposed to be next and Warriors zoomed past them

Fuck it I’m bored

Luka
Giannis
KD
Lebron
Curry
Embiid
Jokic (this one is tricky)

are the only true superstars at the moment

Kawhi is debatable (wouldn’t be if he played)
Tatum is debatable
Booker is debatable
Lillard is debatable
Butler is debatable
Kyrie is debatable

off the top of my head are the superstars of the League

the rest are stars and franchise players
Kyrie ain’t a mawfuckin superstar ESPECIALLY post 2016 not a debate at all

Yeah but to me the Playoffs were slightly fools gold

I think they took the warriors by suprise a bit and capitalized on Klay sucking it up

in reality they shouldn’t have beaten the wolves, it’s just the wolves really shots themselves in the foot about 7x when the game was winding down in multiple games lol

so I don’t think their as close as you would maybe think

Tell me what’s the difference between the grizzlies and the hawks the year prior? (That’s rhetorical)

i wouldnt even call it punting two years just don’t shortcut the growth for 2 years

All you need is tyus and Ziarie in the playoffs because you still have bane, Ja, brooks (eww), JJJ, Clarke

I mean just get something out of one of those other guys (not even big) I mentioned and you’re fine

also if last offseason you said they should tank and this offseason you saying they should not wait so long I think that really illustrates that they should wait

I didnt say the should've tanked last year, I said the moves they were making indicated they planned on taking a step back last but they still ended up being really good and better than I thought

Idk just a difference in philosophy, I just felt like they had a ton of resources that they didnt utilize in the best way...its is always tricky trying to balance the future vs the present with young teams who have early success and have potential superstar player. I just feel like tems can get to invested in thinking that a young core is just going to grow and continue to get better and they dont really need to do anything else, very rarely does that work(if ever)

I will cut them some slack too though because I thought they should've went after Miles Bridges this offseasom before all the allegations and obviously they didnt have a chance to do that

I didnt say the should've tanked last year, I said the moves they were making indicated they planned on taking a step back last but they still ended up being really good and better than I thought

Idk just a difference in philosophy, I just felt like they had a ton of resources that they didnt utilize in the best way...its is always tricky trying to balance the future vs the present with young teams who have early success and have potential superstar player. I just feel like tems can get to invested in thinking that a young core is just going to grow and continue to get better and they dont really need to do anything else, very rarely does that work(if ever)

I will cut them some slack too though because I thought they should've went after Miles Bridges this offseasom before all the allegations and obviously they didnt have a chance to do that
Word I feel you

I will say and not just for the grizzlies, but have a foundation set in place first. Have the star already there (that makes it easier)

basically don’t do what the nets did

Word I feel you

I will say and not just for the grizzlies, but have a foundation set in place first. Have the star already there (that makes it easier)

basically don’t do what the nets did

You know whats funny since you had brought up the Wolves....I pretty much feel like they're doing what Memphis should be doing(in theory) and Memphis is doing what Minnesota should be doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back