Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally said Randle would be the one to go but I’m going by south saying randle could stay so I adjusted it

and lol nah

Brunson
Grimes
Mitchell

make up for anything you lose in that overpaid bum Fournier

LLS I know he overpaid but damn. I get it though. I don't know the knicks roster and thought they might want to keep a shooter. Hell I don't even know if Fournier shot a good percentage last season.

LLS I know he overpaid but damn. I get it though. I don't know the knicks roster and thought they might want to keep a shooter. Hell I don't even know if Fournier shot a good percentage last season.
He did but grimes shot the same so I mean..

my point really was even if Fournier wasnt there It’s not like they gonna be strapped For shooting

Wouldn't it make sense to give up Randle and keep Fournier for his shooting?

I'm sure New York would love to do that....but here's why Utah wouldn't do that

Mitchell makes $30 Mil per year....Julius Randle makes $23 and then it goes up by like $2 mil until the 25-26 season where he has a player option of almost $30 mil that he'll probably opt into..so that's 4 years of paying Randle big money

Or if you're Utah you could just take back Fournier who is only under contract for 2 more years, makes $17 mil and Derrick Rose who makes like $13 and is an expiring contract...that basically gets you the matching salary for Mitchell

Then they can the stuff that the actually want which is all the picks and young cheap players....they don't want Barrett because they're going to have to turn around and pay him a max deal very soon

I want to see how the pecking order is going to work in New York

Brunson was the second option behind one the best players in the league and still wanted a bigger role

Julius Randle thinks he's the best player on every team he's on

Barrett was just the 3rd overall pick 3 years ago, is still establishing himself and is about to be looking for a max deal

Mitchell obviously going to think he's the man
I don’t think Randle is there anymore

I think with RJ already being established somewhat in NY I think that allows him to not be 3rd banana as all three of these guys are somewhat close in talent

Mitchell being the most seasoned and more accomplished and talented (by a slim margin) I think naturally would make him #1

especially since he’s already been a #1 and RJ hasn’t. I feel like he would naturally defer anyways

So

Mitchell
RJ
Brunson

Pretty much. Gonna be the 22-23 fuck defense team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back