Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause the Wolves dont want to pay a mfer 50Ms to take 9 shots in the playoffs
Is paying Rudy 40Ms to be unplayable I'm the playoffs so much better?
Lol Ant is not turning down the extra money

Idk where this rhetoric is coming from that Ant is just prime to leave Minnesota

And just because you’re trading Towns doesn’t mean you’re rebuilding

Also wouldn’t Ant want to be on a team where he is the unquestioned main guy ?

It’s not Ant’s team yet

Not unequivocally
Assuming Kat would be the best player in a trade, they wouldn't be making the team better initially. And if we are looking at assets to replenish their war chest after the Rudy trade, then how far off are we from calling that rebuilding? Trading Kat is certainly not a straight line to improving that team.

I think Ant would want to be on a team that can win. And that's a task helped by Kat not hindered. Towns just finished his age 28 season and has never led a team anywhere. A high-level number 2 is a better role for him than an under-performing number 1 option.

Considering Ant is playing more minutes, getting more shots, and scoring more points I'd argue it's already a settled debate about whose team it is.

Is paying Rudy 40Ms to be unplayable I'm the playoffs so much better?

Assuming Kat would be the best player in a trade, they wouldn't be making the team better initially. And if we are looking at assets to replenish their war chest after the Rudy trade, then how far off are we from calling that rebuilding? Trading Kat is certainly not a straight line to improving that team.

I think Ant would want to be on a team that can win. And that's a task helped by Kat not hindered. Towns just finished his age 28 season and has never led a team anywhere. A high-level number 2 is a better role for him than an under-performing number 1 option.

Considering Ant is playing more minutes, getting more shots, and scoring more points I'd argue it's already a settled debate about whose team it is.
Just because towns is theoretically the best player in the trade that doesn’t mean the team wouldn’t be better

Addition by subtraction sometimes comes into play, towns could get you more depth or a more well rounded wing rotation

The war chest can be built up a bit while still being competitive (like the Knicks)

I feel like you blowing out of proportion a 21 year old’s willingness to be on the team that drafted him that’s been to the playoffs twice already

Fox just made the postseason for the first time in like 6 seasons

Towns took I think 8 years to go

Is it widely known everywhere that towns is secondary to Edwards? No because it’s arguable still at this point which is fine

Also just by team makeup it makes more sense for towns to go over Gobert

Just because towns is theoretically the best player in the trade that doesn’t mean the team wouldn’t be better

Addition by subtraction sometimes comes into play, towns could get you more depth or a more well rounded wing rotation

The war chest can be built up a bit while still being competitive (like the Knicks)

I feel like you blowing out of proportion a 21 year old’s willingness to be on the team that drafted him that’s been to the playoffs twice already

Fox just made the postseason for the first time in like 6 seasons

Towns took I think 8 years to go

Is it widely known everywhere that towns is secondary to Edwards? No because it’s arguable still at this point which is fine

Also just by team makeup it makes more sense for towns to go over Gobert
Curious if you think Gobert makes more sense. Do you then also think that Kat is a more natural 4?

Curious if you think Gobert makes more sense. Do you then also think that Kat is a more natural 4?
I think it’s better to keep the better defender in theory out of the 2

Even if I thought towns was better as a C it’s still better to have Gobert for Rim protection

But yeah he’s better at the 4 but with mcdaniels I already have my 4 man…

Conley
Edwards
Good wing player (for shits and giggles let’s say it’s OG Anunoby or a Franz Wagner)
Mcdaniels
Gobert

That Makes more sense to me

Also mcdaniels/Gobert together on D is great

I still can't believe Minnesota thought to themselves, we have to get better, then went out and got Rudy fucking gobert while gutting their team in the process

I get trying to make a splash but damn that wasn't even a pond ripple

Even if I thought towns was better as a C it’s still better to have Gobert for Rim protection

Conley
Edwards
Good wing player (for shits and giggles let’s say it’s OG Anunoby or a Franz Wagner) Dorian Finney-Smith or Royce O'Neal
Mcdaniels
Gobert

That Makes more sense to me

Also mcdaniels/Gobert together on D is great

Fixed for realism

Tough scene for Ant Man and the Wolves going forward

Just my opinion but in 2023 I'm choosing offense over defense.

I said the same thing coming into the season when we lost PJ Tucker lol

Saw how that went

But again which player is easier to move and which player has the higher value?

Towns is gonna make $50 mil per year soon
I keep saying these max contracts are gonna be a gift and a curse to players.

The gift- LOTS of money per year.
The curse- That money per year handcuffs your team eventually and it automatically puts you in trade rumors.

I keep saying these max contracts are gonna be a gift and a curse to players.

The gift- LOTS of money per year.
The curse- That money per year handcuffs your team eventually and it automatically puts you in trade rumors.
Yeah

I can’t remember but I think the new CBA kinda helps with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back