Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bite the bullet and get the Frenchman out of there.

You can build something still around Kat and Ant. Do this and you might as well pack Ants bags right along with him.
I think KAT gets a better return instead of Gobert and he’s easier to trade

also it’s best to move towns before the $50 mil a year starts to kick in

Hes

kat ain’t that guy.

He has the talent but something ain’t there

Of course you wanna bring up Rudy like Kat don’t cosplay as a guard which leave their bigs doing all the work on offense and defense under the boards

Bruh code switch on the court more than he do his voice lol

You right about all that. But that's not prohibitive to them building around him and Ant.

Now that the hierarchy is much clearer and Ant is unquestionably the man. I think you can put complimentary pieces around them. While they've built a "professional" team, Conley, slow mo, and Gobert are the exact opposite kind of team construction you should surround Ant with. He needs running mates not training wheels.

I think KAT gets a better return instead of Gobert and he’s easier to trade

also it’s best to move towns before the $50 mil a year starts to kick in

Kat can at least net you a positive return which is part of the reason why I think they were ok giving so much in the Gobert trade.....they knew they had the Towns trade chip in their back pocket and they could recoup at least some of the picks they lost

Gobet on the other hand is a negative value contract and you'll have to either give up something to get off it or you're going to take back equally bad money just player(s) that might potentially fit better

Even if Gobert was desirable and teams wanted him....his contract is so big that its very difficult to even make the dollars work without giving up multiple players

All facts. But that's pretty much an inverse of KG/Marbury for them. You lose one and eventually you lose both, imo.
Ant is in no danger of leaving

He also has Jaden mcdaniels already there with him

Move Kat for some picks and a wing and keep Gobert for rim protection, size, and defense

give Jaylen Nowell an increased role and move on from Naz Reid

I was going to say move Conley since he’s expiring but ant could use a great veteran so I’m okay with him staying there but they should Atleast invest in a backup that’s not J mac since he clearly has limitations

Ant is in no danger of leaving

He also has Jaden mcdaniels already there with him

Move Kat for some picks and a wing and keep Gobert for rim protection, size, and defense

give Jaylen Nowell an increased role and move on from Naz Reid

I was going to say move Conley since he’s expiring but ant could use a great veteran so I’m okay with him staying there but they should Atleast invest in a backup that’s not J mac since he clearly has limitations
I think they're bringing Naz back. Jaden is eligible for his extension. Ant is too which is partly why I think the time isn't right to trade Kat just yet. Unless Ant gives the okay of course.

I think they're bringing Naz back. Jaden is eligible for his extension. Ant is too which is partly why I think the time isn't right to trade Kat just yet. Unless Ant gives the okay of course.
Why would their extensions make you want to keep towns?

Also it’s time to change it up with this team and have ant be your main guy

Can’t exactly do that with towns there

And yeah in my scenario you don’t keep naz because Gobert is there so you would keep him since you’re getting rid of gobert

Minnesota fucked up when they rolled out those Google jerseys

Whoever signed off on that shit is to blame for their misfortunes

Why would their extensions make you want to keep towns?

Also it’s time to change it up with this team and have ant be your main guy

Can’t exactly do that with towns there

And yeah in my scenario you don’t keep naz because Gobert is there so you would keep him since you’re getting rid of gobert
Cause Ant doesn't have to sign yet and if they initiate a rebuild he might get cold feet.

I don't see why you can't build around Ant and keep Kat. It's already Ants team.

Cause Ant doesn't have to sign yet and if they initiate a rebuild he might get cold feet.

I don't see why you can't build around Ant and keep Kat. It's already Ants team.
Lol Ant is not turning down the extra money

Idk where this rhetoric is coming from that Ant is just prime to leave Minnesota

And just because you’re trading Towns doesn’t mean you’re rebuilding

Also wouldn’t Ant want to be on a team where he is the unquestioned main guy ?

It’s not Ant’s team yet

Not unequivocally

Niggas laughing at the Clips bringing Russ back like he wasn't ballin lowkey they def need to keep him
Russ trick y’all man

He averaged 4 TOs a game

He had a positive +/- only once (game 1)

He Averaged 38 MPG (out of necessity)

He shot 40% from the field for the series

He had a usage rate at around 29% (comparable to him in Washington)

compared to the regular season that would put him at around 13th in the league

Now let’s ask ourselves, with Kawhi and PG there will Russ have the ball in his hands so much as he did these 5 games? When he’s already proven that he needs to be a high usage player to be his most effective and be the rhythm shooter that he is?

if you want to throw advanced stats out, sure Russ “balled out”…but how much of that was because he was the 2nd and then 1st option these playoffs?

What contending team is going to have Russ be their 1st or 2nd option in 2023/24?

Russ being on the clippers does nothing to raise their ceiling as a team

Not for a team that’s presently constructed the way they are around Kawhi and PG

That’s my take

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back