Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at a guy like Chauncey Billups. His first 5 to 6 seasons in the league wasn’t that good . Would people consider him a bust, now?

Chauncey wasn’t a #1 pick

Also comparing billups’ entire career to somebody in their 6th season and can’t go any further at the moment I don’t think is a good example

Also comparing billups’ entire career to somebody in their 6th season and can’t go any further at the moment I don’t think is a good example
Did I miss who you were actually talking about?

I know it wasn't no damn Derrick white

He was the 3rd pick which is right up there. Lmao.

His first 5-6 seasons was bad and he turned it around and is arguably a hall of fame player for the basketball hall of fame . Lmao.

I assumed so but at the same time, whatever that injury was to him fucked up whatever trajectory he had so that's not fair to him imo

He still not the same but the fact he's averaging double digit points is impressive imo

And he has time to get even better than he has shown this season. Dude is still young and has really good athleticism.

Orlando takes off and he stays healthy or he goes to another team that has a coach who knows how to utilize him even better and he could maybe turn out to be a future hall of fame player.

You never know.

And he has time to get even better than he has shown this season. Dude is still young and has really good athleticism.

Orlando takes off and he stays healthy or he goes to another team that has a coach who knows how to utilize him even better and he could maybe turn out to be a future hall of fame player.

You never know.
I’m just talking right now at the current moment and everything up to now

Not potentially

Bro went thru all the criticism , they say he couldn't shoot knowing he had a arm disease , now he's balling in orlondo, ben Simmons should take example cause he was also a first pick
Fultz been over that shoulder/arm shit for years

How long we gonna use this to pat him on the back and say good job for putting up 13ppg on a bad team? His whole career?

Let me know I’m just asking

You never know.
IDK man, one of his draws was his jumper coming out of college

Still seems like that lil hitch is in his shot still leaving him not 100% comfortable with taking jumpers which means he's going to have to be elite at getting to the cup consistently and scoring at an elite clip to match

I'm not gonna do a deep dive but eye test, he not anywhere close to being elite

With that said, I still don't consider him a bust cause he still does things that help his current team while not being a complete liability on the court

You are because you’re comparing a 3rd overall pick and his expectations to a 1st overall’s and you know it’s a diff level

But I feel you

The last ten draft classes from 2013 to 2022, how many of the first picks have been the best player in that class so far?

The ones who haven’t been the best in their class, do you consider them bust and which ones are they?

This isn’t a right or wrong answer. I’m just curious to see how you think

IDK man, one of his draws was his jumper coming out of college

Still seems like that lil hitch is in his shot still leaving him not 100% comfortable with taking jumpers which means he's going to have to be elite at getting to the cup consistently and scoring at an elite clip to match

I'm not gonna do a deep dive but eye test, he not anywhere close to being elite

With that said, I still don't consider him a bust cause he still does things that help his current team while not being a complete liability on the court

He has had only 2 season where he has played 60+ games. When he has played he has been pretty efficient shooting. He isn’t a 3 point shooter according to the percentage, but he is a decent free throw shooter.

This season he shot 51% from the field and 80% from the line. He also seems to do a decent job of setting folks up without turning the ball over a lot. He will only be 25 this May.

Not saying he is a world beater, but he hasn’t played a whole lot of ball and when he has, he has been decent. He still has time to figure stuff out in my opinion

The last ten draft classes from 2013 to 2022, how many of the first picks have been the best player in that class so far?

The ones who haven’t been the best in their class, do you consider them bust and which ones are they?

This isn’t a right or wrong answer. I’m just curious to see how you think

Towns and booker is a toss up depending on how you wanna look at it

Edwards was the best in his class

Paolo is the best in his class

out of those guys I’d say Bennett is the only certified bust but I can argue fultz is one too to a lesser extent

The team that drafted him did not get anything out of him and now he’s in his 6th year where guys are happy that he’s averaging Atleast 10ppg. The bar is so low for a #1 pick when the bar should be higher

Here’s the career averages for every #1 pick in that time frame

Bennett 4.4 ppg 3.1 reb
Wiggins 19.1 ppg 4.5 reb 2.3 ast
Towns 23 ppg 11 reb 3.2 ast
Simmons 14.7 ppg 7.8 reb 7.5 ast
Fultz 11.8 ppg 3.5 reb 5.0 ast
Ayton 16.7 ppg 10.4 reb
Zion 25.8 ppg 7 reb
Edwards 21.8 ppg 5.1 reb 3.7 ast
Cunningham 17.8 ppg 5.6 reb 5.6 ast
Banchero 20ppg 6.9 reb 3.7 ast

If you are coming off the bench in year 6 and have never shown you are better than Derrick white then I can argue you are a bust of a #1 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back