Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I’m wrong but he looks like he’s going to be injury prone in the league.
This is where I won’t argue with folks. I am worried about his frame holding up in the NBA too.

Funny thing, people were worried about Wemby being injury prone this season, but it was Scoot Henderson that missed games multiple different times this season for different reasons. Scoot was the one who shutdown his season early too.

This is where I won’t argue with folks. I am worried about his frame holding up in the NBA too.

Funny thing, people were worried about Wemby being injury prone this season, but it was Scoot Henderson that missed games multiple different times this season for different reasons. Scoot was the one who shutdown his season early too.
Niggas just assume shit if you read a little he does a lot of preventive injury workouts and they make it known that he does that.I’m almost pretty sure there monitoring and growing him far different also if you look at Rudy he’s been a pretty durable big man.

Would you guys consider a #1 pick to take 6 seasons to average 14 points and 5.7 assists who never has started more than 60 games in a season to be a bust?

No, the player isn’t a bust. The player has so far been underwhelming, but they aren’t a bust. Anthony Bennet is a prime example of a bust.

If Minnesota weren't idiots and didnt trade for Gobert I would've loved the fit of Siakam next to Towns

I'd be so mad if if I was Wolves fan and had to think about how bad they fucked this team up

Minnesota had a nice up and coming team too. Vanderbilt was a really good starting piece next to Towns.

I think if they would’ve just upgraded over Deangelo Russell at point guard in the off season and kept the team like last season, they would’ve been (barring Towns getting injured) good.

There’s not varying degrees of being a bust?

In my opinion

If you last in the league for a long (get at least 10 seasons) time, get consistent minutes, and produce, I personally don’t consider you a bust.

That’s just me though.

We’ve all seen top 10 picks wash out the league after their rookie deal is up… that’s a bust to me. Or a player who has 2 contracts, but barely plays and is pretty much a locker room glue guy at an early age. That’s bust status to me.

In my opinion

If you last in the league for a long (get at least 10 seasons) time, get consistent minutes, and produce, I personally don’t consider you a bust.

That’s just me though.

We’ve all seen top 10 picks wash out the league after their rookie deal is up… that’s a bust to me. Or a player who has 2 contracts, but barely plays and is pretty much a locker room glue guy at an early age. That’s bust status to me.
#1 picks shouldn’t be held to a higher standard from guys taken 2-10?

It’s cool for #1 picks to be as good as Derrick White 6 seasons later?

#1 picks shouldn’t be held to a higher standard from guys taken 2-10?

It’s cool for #1 picks to be as good as Derrick White 6 seasons later?

I just look at it realistically. Actually getting drafted, consistent minutes, and solid to decent numbers in the NBA is a hard thing to do. It’s very few roster spots and minutes to be had. It’s only 400 and some change roster spots available total throughout the league.

That isn’t a lot. Lmao.

Of course when you draft a high pick, you want them to be transcendent, but realistically that isn’t as common an occurrence as some make it seem. Yes drafting a guy in the top 10 or #1 putting up decent to average numbers is disappointing, but everyone would take a net positive over a negative player.

Derrick White has overproduced for the spot he was taken at in the draft and would most likely in a redo of his draft class, go in the teens.

Last edited:
I just look at it realistically. Actually getting drafted, consistent minutes, and solid to decent numbers in the NBA is a hard thing to do. It’s very few roster spots and minutes to be had. It’s only 400 and some change roster spots available total throughout the league.

That isn’t a lot. Lmao.

Of course when you draft a high pick, you want them to be transcendent, but realistically that isn’t as common an occurrence as sole make it seem. Yes drafting a guy in the top 10 or #1 putting up decent to average numbers is disappointing, but everyone would take a net positive over a negative player.

Derrick White has overproduced for the spot he was taken at in the draft and would most likely in a redo of his draft class, would go in the teens.
lol okay I appreciate your perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back