Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

I think they're both top 25 players but they both have flaws. Tatum has bad shot selection and is a weak finisher at the rim and struggles moving off ball and getting easier shots for himself. Brown is a good finisher and shooter but a shaky ball handler and before last night has been below average passing. Smart is the best playmaker out the 3, doesn't drive consistently and he can't finish at the rim or shoot from 3. They've been trying to turn Tatum and Brown into point forwards with no shooters on the team. I feel like we need to address other needs before making a panic trade

Something gotta give fam. Can’t have two top 25 players and taking so many steps back. They should be winning a ton more games with their skill sets

Idk man I’m just looking at outcomes.

Option A: Celtics magically start hitting on 14th to 19th picks that hit the ground running. That can subsidize the roster around them. Least Likely

Option B: Celtics take an ass platter of their players and package it with a bunch of future 1sts for a fringe all star guy. Which gives you then an aight big 3 and nothing around them.

Option C: Move one of the Jays for a big package. Creating more options for the roster in team building. Gaining assets that can be flipped while building a roster that fits their strengths.

All these options are unfortunately the options. Boston should’ve been more aggressive when they had all those war chest of picks. & not just in terms of trading for an established star. They could’ve packaged those picks to move up and target better guys earlier in those drafts. Teams around them wheeled and dealed with less assets. They sat back in their spots and drafted mid guys to go with the Jays.

& The downside to option B which I think is the most likely is that Boston would just be a perpetual 4-6 seed. That eventually JT walks away from.
I'm already mentally preparing myself for Tatum to leave when his contract is up. I definitely think we're going with option B because i don't see us moving jaylen especially since he's on a good contract

Something gotta give fam. Can’t have two top 25 players and taking so many steps back. They should be winning a ton more games with their skill sets
so y'all feel like having no point guard, and limited 3 point shooting doesn't play a factor in the struggles? I'm not absolving their play but i just think we'd be better if we had five 37% three point shooters instead of 5 guys shooting 28% from 3

so y'all feel like having no point guard, and limited 3 point shooting doesn't play a factor in the struggles? I'm not absolving their play but i just think we'd be better if we had five 37% three point shooters instead of 5 guys shooting 28% from 3

When you have 2 players ranked so high they should win a lot games by themselves. I get the rest of team is not up to your standard but they are not bad either.

When you have 2 players ranked so high they should win a lot games by themselves. I get the rest of team is not up to your standard but they are not bad either.
They need to be better us being 2-11 in games 5 points or less is a direct indictment of the 2 jays. That's a reason I'm not down with breaking them up, We're in every game you just can't ignore 5 rotation players shooting under 30% from 3. Build around them as long as u can if we're still in this position when it's year 4 of them as the focal point then trade em

Hold on the spurs took the nets into OT? Yo when are we gonna have the discussion of scary hours looking suspect without kyrie?

Said it a couple days ago they're not coming out the east if dude missing half the teams playoff games.
Other teams don't fear them as much as a year or 2 ago and the East is much improved. They're definitely gonna have to work to get out of the East. We're near the halfway point of the season they have a lot of flaws for a "championship contender"

Back