Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

I don’t think the crux of it is tearing them apart for the sake of tearing them apart. It’s how do you make the team better to ascend to winning a chip.
I believe that’s the Celtics goal maybe it’s not.

The talent around them sucks and how are you going to make it better?

Draft ? That’s been going highly trash finding guys late and post lottery so far as a whole. Marginal guys outside of Timelord

trade the others? For WHO?!?

FA? A-List free agents not going there, maybe a b tier guy does like Kemba or Hayward. But due to roster construction it would have to be a PG or a big. Why would a top wing go play with those two at this point of their careers? PG’s tend to get locked up in their primes and have to be traded for. Top tier bigs the same. What high level PG’s close to UFA? So what’s the lifeline for keeping both Jays?

Ax would rather trade horford, rob Williams, smart, and Nesmith but those aren't the best assets but great role players

The best one is a guy who had 50 points then a triple double in a week

Make a more well rounded team by trading him you bum. Yall healthy and fighting for a 10th seed

You think making marginal moves gonna vault you Into a top 4 seed next year? Tatum not even ready enough to do that as the best player because he still has bad shot tendencies, doesn't make plays, and doesn't defend at a high level

I don't understand why the basketball world wants to break them up. That team they got is just ass offensively and those two aren't Luka, Trae, Jokic or Lebron - they can't carry a poor offensive team to an average one. They still got a top 10 defense. I say keep them together and retool.
The world loves drama .... it sells newspapers

I don’t think the crux of it is tearing them apart for the sake of tearing them apart. It’s how do you make the team better to ascend to winning a chip.
I believe that’s the Celtics goal maybe it’s not.

The talent around them sucks and how are you going to make it better?

Draft ? That’s been going highly trash finding guys late and post lottery so far as a whole. Marginal guys outside of Timelord

trade the others? For WHO?!?

FA? A-List free agents not going there, maybe a b tier guy does like Kemba or Hayward. But due to roster construction it would have to be a PG or a big. Why would a top wing go play with those two at this point of their careers? PG’s tend to get locked up in their primes and have to be traded for. Top tier bigs the same. What high level PG’s close to UFA? So what’s the lifeline for keeping both Jays?
We don't need a top wing to play with them. The draft hasn't been going well so im cool with adding picks with the players for a De'Aaron fox. I even said I'd be cool with Wall if he didn't have that additional year because he averages 8apg. Ainge constructed this roster horribly. Breaking up a duo before their prime because the regime before hand struggled to build around them would set the Celtics back even further

Ax would rather trade horford, rob Williams, smart, and Nesmith but those aren't the best assets but great role players

The best one is a guy who had 50 points then a triple double in a week

Make a more well rounded team by trading him you bum. Yall healthy and fighting for a 10th seed

You think making marginal moves gonna vault you Into a top 4 seed next year? Tatum not even ready enough to do that as the best player because he still has bad shot tendencies, doesn't make plays, and doesn't defend at a high level
Tatum not defending is false. YES i think not having 5 rotation players shooting under 30% from 3 would make a difference and is more than marginal. Swear Tatum and Brown are the only guys under 25 that get this much scrutiny and a forced breakup. Luka and KP ain't been out the first round, Trae young got to the playoffs 1 time and their record is worse than ours, Zion and BI haven't been to the playoffs yet, KAT only has 1 playoff appearance, 2 jays eliminated Embiid out of the playoffs TWICE. The only player under 25 that has accomplished more as the guy for their team is Donovan Mitchell

Tatum not defending is false. YES i think not having 5 rotation players shooting under 30% from 3 would make a difference and is more than marginal. Swear Tatum and Brown are the only guys under 25 that get this much scrutiny and a forced breakup. Luka and KP ain't been out the first round, Trae young got to the playoffs 1 time and their record is worse than ours, Zion and BI haven't been to the playoffs yet, KAT only has 1 playoff appearance, 2 jays eliminated Embiid out of the playoffs TWICE. The only player under 25 that has accomplished more as the guy for their team is Donovan Mitchell
lol idk why your viewing this as unfair criticism

All I’m saying is the two jays need to be separated for the Celtics to raise their ceiling as a team. Seeing what happened in Portland you can suggest this now to get ahead of things rather than be stubborn saying “we just need shooters”

nobody cares if they stay together I just think nobody thinks they can hit another level the way the team is set up as dual pseudo #1 options

and when I said what I said about Tatum defending, I mean guarding like a butler, George, Simmons, or even Middleton

that’s fine it’s not a knock it’s just that right now his Play style isn’t gonna take a team anywhere with a guy with such a similar skill next to him

idk why you even bringing up other guys lol

“leave Jayson alone!”

@BlackAx410

Where do you rank Tatum and Brown?

Something is not working for them to be so talented and just taking steps back and back. It’s suppose to be ascending but it’s not.

Idk man I’m just looking at outcomes.

Option A: Celtics magically start hitting on 14th to 19th picks that hit the ground running. That can subsidize the roster around them. Least Likely

Option B: Celtics take an ass platter of their players and package it with a bunch of future 1sts for a fringe all star guy. Which gives you then an aight big 3 and nothing around them.

Option C: Move one of the Jays for a big package. Creating more options for the roster in team building. Gaining assets that can be flipped while building a roster that fits their strengths.

All these options are unfortunately the options. Boston should’ve been more aggressive when they had all those war chest of picks. & not just in terms of trading for an established star. They could’ve packaged those picks to move up and target better guys earlier in those drafts. Teams around them wheeled and dealed with less assets. They sat back in their spots and drafted mid guys to go with the Jays.

& The downside to option B which I think is the most likely is that Boston would just be a perpetual 4-6 seed. That eventually JT walks away from.

Idk man I’m just looking at outcomes.

Option A: Celtics magically start hitting on 14th to 19th picks that hit the ground running. That can subsidize the roster around them. Least Likely

Option B: Celtics take an ass platter of their players and package it with a bunch of future 1sts for a fringe all star guy. Which gives you then an aight big 3 and nothing around them.

Option C: Move one of the Jays for a big package. Creating more options for the roster in team building. Gaining assets that can be flipped while building a roster that fits their strengths.

All these options are unfortunately the options. Boston should’ve been more aggressive when they had all those war chest of picks. & not just in terms of trading for an established star. They could’ve packaged those picks to move up and target better guys earlier in those drafts. Teams around them wheeled and dealed with less assets. They sat back in their spots and drafted mid guys to go with the Jays.

& The downside to option B which I think is the most likely is that Boston would just be a perpetual 4-6 seed. That eventually JT walks away from.
Good objective analysis👌🏾

@BlackAx410

Where do you rank Tatum and Brown?

Something is not working for them to be so talented and just taking steps back and back. It’s suppose to be ascending but it’s not.
I think they're both top 25 players but they both have flaws. Tatum has bad shot selection and is a weak finisher at the rim and struggles moving off ball and getting easier shots for himself. Brown is a good finisher and shooter but a shaky ball handler and before last night has been below average passing. Smart is the best playmaker out the 3, doesn't drive consistently and he can't finish at the rim or shoot from 3. They've been trying to turn Tatum and Brown into point forwards with no shooters on the team. I feel like we need to address other needs before making a panic trade

Back