Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

Going from one of the most talented player on the globe to not even feeling confident enough to get on the court without major injury is a mental thing

I’m starting to come around and agree with @Sony Montana that Rich Paul has a hand in the way Ben acting too.

It’s like a combination of a few thing s and Rich Paul is one of them
Rich Paul empowers players to challenge their organizations, create leverage, etc

Ben woulda never did all of this if he wasn’t Klutch

I'll say this. I truly mean it too.

I hope he turns his career around and has a HOF career. It didn't work out and Philly. It is what it is.

I just feel the way he is handling all of this is weak af and IMO he is faking all of this.

Going from one of the most talented player on the globe to not even feeling confident enough to get on the court without major injury is a mental thing

Or

Your ego is so big that you can't handle the embarrassment of looking bad in front of people. Never had to worry about that when you were bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone else.

Urban legend has it that Ben got torched by Booker a couple of summers ago in gym runs and Ben ain't been the same since. Even lost that little white girl to Booker too.

Or

Your ego is so big that you can't handle the embarrassment of looking bad in front of people. Never had to worry about that when you were bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone else.

Urban legend has it that Ben got torched by Booker a couple of summers ago in gym runs and Ben ain't been the same since. Even lost that little white girl to Booker too.

It’s a pattern of behavior since his only year in college.

I get it.

I said in the another thread a while back how long are you willing to deal with a person that has mental issues before you say fuck them and leave them.

Do you apply this line of thinking in everything? Because you can trace literally everything back to some type of mental issues. I’m talking from violence to sexual crimes can all be linked back to your mental.

Look at folks like Trump, Ben Carson and Brittany Renner. I’m pretty sure mental issues play a huge role in how they act

Ill give you 2 things about Ben that makes me reserve judgement.

A. His camp has come out and said hes having mental issues. Thats the big one to me. Its one thing to speculate about does someone have mental issues, and its another thing when the person admits it. Folks usually dont admit to having something mentally wrong with them, and Bens camp has said hes dealing with something multiple times.

B. Ben lost like 20Ms this season over not being able to get over his mental hurdle. That makes it seem real to me.

That said, your point is super valid about its nobodies job to help someone deal with their mental health issues. If the Nets cut him and have insurance pay his contract, im cool with that.

Im just taking the stance of not calling Ben a bitch until I understand if he really dealing with something or not.

If we find out theres nothing clinical and my guy jusy dont wanna play ball, then ill have my stance.

With other folks you named, to me, its a case by case basis. Trump def has mental issues, but his mental issues hurt us all, so I gotta say fuck trump.

Ben aint hurt no one but some sports shit. And we all here cause we love sports, but this shit aint impacting my life.

Im cool with everyone stance on this too. We can all agree to disagree. This is just my stance.

Ben wasn't going to save the nets. 🤷🏿‍♂️

And don't hit me with "that's not what anyone is saying" cause if the nets didnt limp out the season and won the series this wouldn't be a topic of discussion right now.

If he says he isn't good we just gotta take him at his word and hope he gets help to get through whatever it is he's going through and feels fit to play with his teammates by fall.

Same mfs in the media who chastised him for being on the sidelines engaged with his new teammates want to shit on him for not feeling he's mentally ready to jump in and play in a playoff series down 3-0. How?

You niggas weird.

Ben wasn't going to save the nets. 🤷🏿‍♂️

And don't hit me with "that's not what anyone is saying" cause if the nets didnt limp out the season and won the series this wouldn't be a topic of discussion right now.

If he says he isn't good we just gotta take him at his word and hope he gets help to get through whatever it is he's going through and feels fit to play with his teammates by fall.

Same mfs in the media who chastised him for being on the sidelines engaged with his new teammates want to shit on him for not feeling he's mentally ready to jump in and play in a playoff series down 3-0. How?

You niggas weird.

Same could be said for him just using that for an excuse too. From all accounts it's more of him complaining about his "back" than his "mental".

Same could be said for him just using that for an excuse too. From all accounts it's more of him complaining about his "back" than his "mental".

He literally just said all the talk and pressure to come back is stressing him and his back in tandem. However weird that may sound it's not for any of us as fans or the media to diagnose him, call it an excuse, or say he's not being genuine. Just gotta let it play out between him, his team and the league.

He literally just said all the talk and pressure to come back is stressing him and his back in tandem. However weird that may sound it's not for any of us as fans or the media to diagnose him, call it an excuse, or say he's not being genuine. Just gotta let it play out between him, his team and the league.

And how long have we being living on this planet. This is what we all do. Have an opinion about everything and it's the media's job to have an opinion. You cant ask or expect people to be rational if this situation is calling for it with the exposure to social media and what sports media has become with hot takes plus his actions from the get go. Sht his peers are commenting on it as well. Why can't we? (not asking you-just saying in general)

from the sounds of it (from what you are saying) the pressure he is dealing with is from his own doing.....

And how long have we being living on this planet. This is what we all do. Have an opinion about everything and it's the media's job to have an opinion. You cant ask or expect people to be rational if this situation is calling for it with the exposure to social media and what sports media has become with hot takes plus his actions from the get go. Sht his peers are commenting on it as well. Why can't we? (not asking you-just saying in general)

from the sounds of it (from what you are saying) the pressure he is dealing with is from his own doing.....

As long as you understand you don't know anything, aren't giving a qualified response and what you're saying is ultimately just a hot take I'm not losing any sleep...

I was just saying the absolution from fans and double talk from the media is weird when we really don't know shit.

🤷🏿‍♂️

If the pressure of just playing is doing this to him just imagine a playoff series and the away crowd hit them boos.

He might crumble foreal

Back