Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

This is a very simplistic way of viewing it.

If he's not scoring, what is his benefit to the team since an overwhelming part of their success is contingent on him scoring? This isn't like me saying when he's out due to injury. I'm talking about when he's not getting the benefit of the refs whistles and might be struggling that night,I guess his threat to score is always there so that at least keeps the defense honest.

Again, just cause I don't think he's an MVP isn't a knock on the season he's having. He's having a good season, just not MVP worthy imo

He’s not in the discussion

The three dudes I said literally doing much more than him in EVERY category and they play so good ass defense.

Mans is averaging 5 assists a game, so he making plays.

Plus his defense is above average.

But also, hes the best player on the best team.

Best player on the best team by itself is a criteria.

The best player on the best team doesnt always win, but was always in the convo.

Now yall saying it aint enough to get him in the convo. Which is cool. Just pointing it out.

Mans is averaging 5 assists a game, so he making plays.

Plus his defense is above average.

But also, hes the best player on the best team.

Best player on the best team by itself is a criteria.

The best player on the best team doesnt always win, but was always in the convo.

Now yall saying it aint enough to get him in the convo. Which is cool. Just pointing it out.

His defense is not above average. It’s average at best

And he’s averaging 1 more assist than Embid and less than the other two that’s playing PF and C

He’s just a scorer and nothing wrong with that

I honestly think teams should be trying to face Brooklyn early in the playoffs (if they even make it in. I know barring injuries they will. lol) as opposed to later rounds.

My reasoning behind my thought process is you will catch them while they are still trying to figure lineups and each others games out in the early rounds. If they stay healthy and make it to the later rounds they will have better continuity. Nash will have more time to figure out the best lineups to play because he will have seen it work against good competition in more meaningful situations. The big thing is can they stay healthy.........

I don’t even disagree with this.

This part of the reason I hate MVP historically. The criteria constantly changes year to year.

Shit is wildly inconsistent

Bridges improved, Payne improved, Johnson improved, ayton improved, javale has had a late career renaissance.

Monty Williams has also become regarded as one of the best coaches in the game.

Change-My-Mind (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heat host the Nets tonight. Honestly I don’t fear them. KD is great but Kyrie has a injury history. Who’s to say if he’ll even finish the season with an injury happening or him taking a sabbatical of some sort? He’s too unpredictable. And like @#1hiphopjunki3 said, they are still trying to figure things out with less than 10 games left in the regular season. I like our chances in a playoff series

sigh

His defense is not above average. It’s average at best

And he’s averaging 1 more assist than Embid and less than the other two that’s playing PF and C

He’s just a scorer and nothing wrong with that
Booker an above average defender?

On who?

Book got the best defensive rating of any shooting gaurd this season.

Book was a trash defender.

Hes been above average for 2 seasons now.

Every statistic shows hes above average. Yall free to find a statistic to prove me wrong.

Lmaooo. Not a shot at you two, but the NBA really has a problem. No one is paying attention to or watching any games from the best team in the league

Every statistic shows hes above average. Yall free to find a statistic to prove me wrong.

Lmaooo. Not a shot at you two, but the NBA really has a problem. No one is paying attention to or watching any games from the best team in the league

My eyes and who he’s guarding let’s me know how good of defender he is.

Find me a player on a team that plays great defense that doesn't have a player with a great defensive rating. Then find me a player on a bad defensive team that has a great defensive rating.

He routinely guards the weakest guard/wing on opposing teams.

Screenshot_20220326-171049_Chrome.jpg

They hide him.

This is Fred van vleet. Tell me if you see a difference.

Screenshot_20220326-171310_Chrome.jpg

You're the one not paying attention. Sorry bruh.

I honestly think teams should be trying to face Brooklyn early in the playoffs (if they even make it in. I know barring injuries they will. lol) as opposed to later rounds.

My reasoning behind my thought process is you will catch them while they are still trying to figure lineups and each others games out in the early rounds. If they stay healthy and make it to the later rounds they will have better continuity. Nash will have more time to figure out the best lineups to play because he will have seen it work against good competition in more meaningful situations. The big thing is can they stay healthy.........
I said this I think two days ago I agree

Back