Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Season Thread

NFL will have no in-person Scouting Combine workouts

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2021, 5:45 PM EST

The COVID-19 pandemic has effectively canceled the 2021 NFL Scouting Combine.

Although the league isn’t using the word “canceled,” a memo sent to teams today says, “There will be no in-person workouts,” and that instead players will be worked out at their individual pro days on campuses.

The league is working with college programs to ensure consistency in Combine workouts so that teams have accurate data about players’ athletic ability.

The league is developing a plan to obtain comprehensive medical information about all the prospects who would ordinarily be invited to Indianapolis for the Combine. That will include testing done at medical facilities near the prospects’ homes, with a few prospects getting in-person follow-up examinations, likely in April. Teams’ interviews of prospects will be done virtually, rather than in person.

Although the annual trip to Indianapolis has become an important part of the NFL offseason, it just wasn’t feasible this year, and so the Combine will not go on.

btw im shocked Daboll got passed over for the Rams DC. Best NT and best CB in the nfl. Your d gone b solid atleast

It’s traits with Staley dude rose through the ranks fast af. Was a DC at John Carroll four years ago. Units been good everywhere he’s been.

And Rams went from middle of the pack in ypg and ppg in 2019 with Wade Phillips to number one in ppg and ypg. Wade had that same DT and CB the year prior.

The Texans are a dumpster fire who have a guy running football operations with no football experience

ok ok. I had to Google image him.

He a real one.

He been sending subliminal disses at trump on air for the last 4 years now and been on the side of BLM and Kaepernick since day 1

John Kincade on Philly radio said he heard (from some team who's name I can't remember) that Bienemy is a horrible interviewer

Unless that muthafucca walks in the owners & GM office in house slippers...cheetos stained shorts & wife beater...yellin "WHERE DA HOES AT MAYNE"...then I don't see the issue. He's that good.

Hell it shouldn't even be an interview. If I'm the owner, I'm asking him flat out "What do you want?" Lol

Unless that muthafucca walks in the owners & GM office in house slippers...cheetos stained shorts & wife beater...yellin "WHERE DA HOES AT MAYNE"...then I don't see the issue. He's that good.

Hell it shouldn't even be an interview. If I'm the owner, I'm asking him flat out "What do you want?" Lol
That’s how you make mistakes. Gotta make sure he’ll run the kinda culture you want in your football team. The Texans specifically have this problem, mainly because of jack easterby.

Apparently EB brought that up in his interview today.

NFL will have no in-person Scouting Combine workouts

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2021, 5:45 PM EST

The COVID-19 pandemic has effectively canceled the 2021 NFL Scouting Combine.

Although the league isn’t using the word “canceled,” a memo sent to teams today says, “There will be no in-person workouts,” and that instead players will be worked out at their individual pro days on campuses.

The league is working with college programs to ensure consistency in Combine workouts so that teams have accurate data about players’ athletic ability.

The league is developing a plan to obtain comprehensive medical information about all the prospects who would ordinarily be invited to Indianapolis for the Combine. That will include testing done at medical facilities near the prospects’ homes, with a few prospects getting in-person follow-up examinations, likely in April. Teams’ interviews of prospects will be done virtually, rather than in person.

Although the annual trip to Indianapolis has become an important part of the NFL offseason, it just wasn’t feasible this year, and so the Combine will not go on.
Bout to be a gang of televised pro days

Naw. Football will never be that.

You can count on 1 hand players that ain’t replaceable.

The life cycle of a player is short so this will never be the case.
Having a say in the GM is laudable to me. Coach, yea. ?

But GM. Fuck no. A GM job ain’t about brining in players. They literally have coaches for that. It’s a reason Dallas so shorty because they have Their GM/Owner signing and drafting and extending contracts to players they like.
Which is roster building right?

again...as a FRANCHISE player I dont think its out of bounds to ask my opinion and keep me in the loop about things

Which is roster building right?

again...as a FRANCHISE player I dont think its out of bounds to ask my opinion and keep me in the loop about things

It is when it comes to picking a GM

Watson gon be scouting players too? If not he don’t need a say when it comes to players on a team bruhs ain’t gon know. And if he does know that mean he ain’t worrying enough about being a QB

It is when it comes to picking a GM

Watson gon be scouting players too? If not he don’t need a say when it comes to players on a team bruhs ain’t gon know. And if he does know that mean he ain’t worrying enough about being a QB
Nah I disagree completely.

and all he asked was that his (and the locker room) suggestions be heard. Didnt say hire my guy or nothing like that and also to be in the loop on major decisions like trading your HOF wr for fucking peanuts

again

not too much to ask as a franchise player

Nah I disagree completely.

and all he asked was that his (and the locker room) suggestions be heard. Didnt say hire my guy or nothing like that and also to be in the loop on major decisions like trading your HOF wr for fucking peanuts

again

not too much to ask as a franchise player
Yep. If your boss tells you we want and value your opinion and then turns around and does whatever the fuck without considering how you feel about it I’d be pissed too.

like why waste my time for one

secondly as a man I don’t feel like you’re trustworthy now cause you lied

Drew brees being washed up and worst then Watson and somehow it's about the cowboys..

We live in people heads rent free

This whole situation honestly just reeks of

“How dare that nigger boy ask to be involved. That nigger better be lucky he can throw a damn football”

feel like the energy would be WAY different if he was white or if this was all american boy JJ Watt making this request

Well duh. This is still America

Back