Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Offseason Thread

I'd say Rodgers is a stretch. Didn't Favre say he wasn't fuckin with him?

But regardless the point remains. You went back 20 years and named 3 people out of how many backups?

Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers are all HOF'ers from around this era...where are all these great players they developed? If you don't have a list, then like I said...time to ease up off that idea. Gotta stop believing stuff just because it's repeated a lot.

Dude gave u a SOLID list...you just moving the goal post...ALOTTA good QBs were backups at one point...Kurt Warner backed up Eli and then had a GREAT run w the Cardinals

The upside?

1) Millions of dollars
2) The chance to repair his reputation so more teams will want him
3) Millions of dollars
4) Playing and competing on Sunday
5) Millions of dollars

This man's a Heisman winning, first overall pick, veteran QB, that's been starting for the last 5 years and y'all are talking about him like a rookie. Talking about "He just wants to sit an learn". Ya ok...

Maybe, just maybe is not ALL about the money he can make NOW and is looking at the BIGGER career picture. The best way to repair his reputation is not gonna be playin w a bum squad and being average again. Dude might have realized, he needs to LEARN how to be better and go to a GREAT system.
So let's play your scenario, he signs a 1 year deal w Jaguars, beats out Minshew. Goes to a team w little stability, that if he struggles will most likely bench em right away. They dont have weapons, so he gonna suck, sincebhe sucked with weapons. What happens next, his stock plummets even more

Dude gave u a SOLID list...you just moving the goal post...ALOTTA good QBs were backups at one point...Kurt Warner backed up Eli and then had a GREAT run w the Cardinals

Calling that a solid list is a stretch. And you're missing the point, like he did.

It's time to ease up on the idea that backing up/playing for someone means you'll do well somewhere else. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers are all recent players going to the HOF...where are all the success stories of the people that backed them up?

That was my post, and my point. The idea was that backing up Brees will make him a good player. My question was, if that's the case... where are all these good players that have sat back and learned from Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees?

I didn't say it's impossible for a guy to go from backing up a great player to being a great player.

Maybe, just maybe is not ALL about the money he can make NOW and is looking at the BIGGER career picture. The best way to repair his reputation is not gonna be playin w a bum squad and being average again. Dude might have realized, he needs to LEARN how to be better and go to a GREAT system.
So let's play your scenario, he signs a 1 year deal w Jaguars, beats out Minshew. Goes to a team w little stability, that if he struggles will most likely bench em right away. They dont have weapons, so he gonna suck, sincebhe sucked with weapons. What happens next, his stock plummets even more

You compared worst case scenario to an ideal result...ya the worst case scenario doesn't look as good. You asked for the upside and I gave you a list.

And your ideal scenario is what I already addressed. Who's learned and prospered after backing up Brees while being coached by Payton? That duo's been together almost 15 years. Where are the results of all that sitting and learning? You think Bridgewater is gonna ball out in Carolina?

Back