Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NFL Offseason Thread

I don’t think you understand how hard it is for a team to actually come across a HOF QB..

It seem like you borderline want Jameis to be unsuccessful because he’s no longer with your team..

I said they didn't have impressive careers. You made the jump to HOF being the standard. That's every backup they've ever had. How many even have a few years as a consistent starter? Add in anyone that backed up Rodgers, Manning, or Big Ben.

Everyone keeps ducking answering the simple ass question. If backing up a great QB is this great learning experience that makes QB's so much better, then where are the examples?

That's 5 definite future HOF'ers that have had long ass careers. Which Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers, Manning backups are the most impressive players? Jimmy G the best one? This was the first year he's played more than 5 games.

Like I said. It's time to ease up off that idea because the evidence isn't there.

Winston was legit blind on the field.

Having better vision will go a long fucking way.

I can’t remember who but I remember an LSU WR in the pros got his eyes fixed and then dropped his girl lol.

I think Dwayne Bowe. I’m not sure though

Haha, man that man just makes poor decisions. 5,000 yards and 30+ TD passes, and you're saying he's blind? C'mon man, Haha. It might help. Definitely won't hurt, but I don't think that's really his problem.

I said they didn't have impressive careers. You made the jump to HOF being the standard. That's every backup they've ever had. How many even have a few years as a consistent starter? Add in anyone that backed up Rodgers, Manning, or Big Ben.

Everyone keeps ducking answering the simple ass question. If backing up a great QB is this great learning experience that makes QB's so much better, then where are the examples?

That's 5 definite future HOF'ers that have had long ass careers. Which Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers, Manning backups are the most impressive players? Jimmy G the best one? This was the first year he's played more than 5 games.

Like I said. It's time to ease up off that idea because the evidence isn't there.
And you’re still ignoring the fact that
Rogers was Farves back up
Brady was Bledsoe back up
Steve Young was Joe Montana back up...

Haha, man that man just makes poor decisions. 5,000 yards and 30+ TD passes, and you're saying he's blind? C'mon man, Haha. It might help. Definitely won't hurt, but I don't think that's really his problem.

And he didn’t that with bad vision.

Please football gods let Winston be our QB of the future

And you’re still ignoring the fact that
Rogers was Farves back up
Brady was Bledsoe back up
Steve Young was Joe Montana back up...

Ok, you've gone back 30 years and dropped 3 HOFers. Manning, Brees, Big Ben weren't anyone's backup. Wilson was never a backup (likely HOF'er). Lamar Jackson was behind a washed up Flacco for 1 year...MVP. Mahomes backed up an average QB for 1 year...MVP.

Y'all gotta use critical thinking. I never said a great QB couldn't have been the backup for another great QB. But is it producing more talent than anything else? No, so why gas it up like it does?

Who in here wears glasses?

I know I do and I remember I went to the gym to just work out and a few folks asked to come hoop. I said okay.

didn’t have my contacts on me so I tried to hoop without them and was bricking every fucking shot.

Vision >>>>>>>

I wear glasses and I can’t see shit without em

Ok, you've gone back 30 years and dropped 3 HOFers. Manning, Brees, Big Ben weren't anyone's backup. Wilson was never a backup (likely HOF'er). Lamar Jackson was behind a washed up Flacco for 1 year...MVP. Mahomes backed up an average QB for 1 year...MVP.

Y'all gotta use critical thinking. I never said a great QB couldn't have been the backup for another great QB. But is it producing more talent than anything else? No, so why gas it up like it does?
Good - decent QB’s are a dime a dozen but great QB’s only come along every once in a blue moon.. Then other variables start to come into the picture like style of play..

is he a pocket passer or scrambler ??
can he read defenses/call audibles ??
can the offensive line protect him ??
How good are his receivers ??
Do the coach’s system fit the QB ??

This upcoming season we about to find out if the Patriots offense was successful because of Belichick’s “system” or Because of Brady’s “greatness” or maybe it was a combination of both...

He can def pull it.

They need him this year because that oline ain’t getting younger and defense will be bottom tier

And pass up a guaranteed $33 Ms? In Texas? Yeah I suppose he could but I think he’ll blink.

Good - decent QB’s are a dime a dozen but great QB’s only come along every once in a blue moon.. Then other variables start to come into the picture like style of play..

is he a pocket passer or scrambler ??
can he read defenses/call audibles ??
can the offensive line protect him ??
How good are his receivers ??
Do the coach’s system fit the QB ??

This upcoming season we about to find out if the Patriots offense was successful because of Belichick’s “system” or Because of Brady’s “greatness” or maybe it was a combination of both...

Haha bruh, I feel like I made a comment, and then people just went left on some other shit. ALLLLL I said was just because a guy backs up a great QB doesn't mean he's going to go on to be a good player.

That's why I listed all the backups, and asked what backing up a HOF'er did. You said good - Decent quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. If that's the case AND backing up a great QB means a lot, there should be a strong list of good - decent QB's in the league that backed up Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning or Roethlisberger... where are they?

I keep asking. Everyone keeps dancing around it.

Last edited:
Back