Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what?
More talent overall and I can argue the bulls care about winning over the hawks

when I look at the hawks organization I don’t think they have winning as a goal right now.

also

lavine
Carter
Markannen (even though he’s not being used right)
White
Gafford (I really like a lot)
Satoransky
Otto Porter
with another pick coming >>>>>
Idk if Thad young is still signed but him too

plus Donovan actually makes sense as a coach for this group

To be real. I know Young is exciting and shit. But he can’t be your best player and team be successful
Yeah bad defensively and he’s 6’1

I mean he’ll put up numbers but I can see him having empty stats until he becomes the 2nd option

when I look at the hawks organization I don’t think they have winning as a goal right now.

also

lavine
Carter
White
Satoransky
Otto Porter
Really? I’d say Young alone is better than anything on their roster. They have a good mix of youth and veterans on their roster.

Really? I’d say Young alone is better than anything on their roster. They have a good mix of youth and veterans on their roster.
After Trae and Collins and to a certain extent capela

the hawks roster is buns

Lavine is comparable to trae where I can’t say neither is truly better also

lol you overrating trae also

“a good mix of young guys and vets on the roster”

no they don’t lol

bulls beat them in that dept also

Not exactly apples to apples but Kemba Walker this year was a sneak peak into Trae Youngs post season future

It's fairly easy to neutralize and take some players out of the game in the playoffs

With that being said Trae is a better passer than Kemba and he hasn't had any shooters around him yet.....Atlanta was the worst 3 point shooting team in basketball last year if you dont include Trae Young

also

lavine
Carter
White
Satoransky
Otto Porter
Idk if Thad young is still signed but him too

plus Donovan actually makes sense as a coach for this group

The Hawks wouldnt even give a fuck about winning and making the playoffs right now if wasnt for Trae Young complaining lol

The Hawks wouldnt even give a fuck about winning and making the playoffs right now if wasnt for Trae Young complaining lol
I feel like Atlanta’s mission is garnering fans and making the arena a cool place for fans. The organization screams trying to be hip to get money, an organic fanbase, and create an entertainment hub.

They get New Jerseys every 6 months, they keep having quavo perform, they got you getting haircuts in the arena, etc

that franchise is not trying to win right now while 5th stans them lol

I feel like Atlanta’s mission is garnering fans and making the arena a cool place for fans. The organization screams trying to be hip to get money, an organic fanbase, and create an entertainment hub.

They get New Jerseys every 6 months, they keep having quavo perform, they got you getting haircuts in the arena, etc

That city don’t care about sports like that

After Trae and Collins and to a certain extent capela

the hawks roster is buns

Lavine is comparable to trae where I can’t say neither is truly better also

lol you overrating trae also
Hunter and Huerter were solid last season, Reddish struggled but he still has upside. He had his moments last season. And they all averaged 10-12 PPG. So I don’t see what makes the Bulls that much better.

Lavine is dope but nah he’s been handed the keys and had his chances to show he could be the guy but he looks like a 3rd option on a contender.

Now I’m overrating Young?

Yo if the Hawks are trash next season I expect to read passive aggressive and condescending posts...

Hunter and Huerter were solid last season, Reddish struggled but he still has upside. He had his moments last season. And they all averaged 10-12 PPG. So I don’t see what makes the Bulls that much better.

Lavine is dope but nah he’s been handed the keys and had his chances to show he could be the guy but he looks like a 3rd option on a contender.

Now I’m overrating Young?

lol easy cop out is saying players were solid and ohh now reddish struggled but has upside? Lol

hunter averaged 41% shooting in 32 mins to score 12 ppg and averaged as many turnovers as his assists

bro don’t die on the hawks hill its really not worth it

yes you’re overrating trae imo as a player that contributes to winning

nigga puts up gaudy numbers out of necessity, and *whispers* Trae has been an average 3pt shooter his whole career while being on the 4th worst team in the league

Yeah but he’s not the first nor will he be the last star to not be good defensively.
Dude, his defense is REALLY REALLY bad. Like worst in the NBA.

Last season, i started seeing different advance stats that said he is among the worst defenders in the NBA. I am a big Trae fan and i know the "advance stats" we have are not the best in quantifying defense, so i decided to just go ahead and watch a bunch of Hawks games. Watching the games, what sticks out the most is how LAZY the dude is on defense. Barely tries at all. Also very very weak, so even when he tries, it most of the time has little effect.

I am rooting for the kid, hope he gets better on that end.

Just admit you want trae to upstage Luka bro
Oh, did not know this was the subplot to this conversation, interesting.

I had some Trae >>> Luka takes after their first season, unfortunately Trae got worse on defense in year 2. Luka is not good on defense either, but he at least tries and he has size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back