Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he honestly is a better fit on the Warriors than Wiggins is due to his play making ability and finishing at the rim. Not to mention if they trade after Demar picks up his player extension the salaries of Wiggins and his match. They could potentially get Demar for cheaper after renegotiating an extension which is better than eating the rest of Wiggins deal.

The only thing Wiggins has over Demar is his age.. he is worse at finishing near the rim, drawing and hitting free throws, and he isn't as good at setting teammates up, not to mention he has a longer term bad deal. Wiggins has potential to be a better defender but he hasn't really been a good defender so far in his career.

I say all that to say they can most likely get a better deal for Wiggins and number 2 though. Lmao

He's a better and longer defender than demar. Which is the biggest thing and fits better into golden states scheme since he can play off the ball better.

Also you suggested giving up the 2nd pick in the deal.

Golden state doesn't need anything demar brings imo.

I think they will draft the pick and hold steady

i think they will contend while also looking towards the future because this core has about 2 years of high level play left across the board imo

I think that is the smart play also, but you never know what these front offices think. I just wouldn't be surprised if they did trade the pick and Wiggins for a better player.

He's a better and longer defender than demar. Which is the biggest thing and fits better into golden states scheme since he can play off the ball better.

Also you suggested giving up the 2nd pick in the deal.

Golden state doesn't need anything demar brings imo.

He isn't all that much better of a defender but he has "potential" (which he still hasn't lived up to at the University of Kansas or the NBA) to be because he is younger and has a better wingspan.

Never heard of Wiggins being a good offensive player off the ball. Shit, he isn't even all that good of an offensive player when he has the ball in his hands. Lol. But once again he is younger and he has shown that he isn't afraid to let it fly from 3 point range which is a plus in his favor.

I agree about the pick swapping being the most far fetched idea because I really like Wiseman and Okongwu on Golden State's team. But no telling how their front office feels about any of these prospects that high. Not too mention the player they might really like the most might be able to get picked at 11 which is substantially cheaper than #2.

I do agree Demar can be a ball stopper and might not be the best fit offensively and defensively he isn't the greatest but every team needs multiple players who can create quality looks for themselves and others and he is one of the better wing players in the league at this. Demar could get Steph, Klay, and the other players hella easy shots. Not to mention while in San Antonio he definitely got a bit better (still has a ways to go) at defending.

I don't think this shit would happen but I do think Demar is a way better player and could fit in decent enough

Lol @ he could get curry and klay easy shots

I know their system gets them easy shots and Curry can pull up from the logo so it is a silly statement but it does have a tad bit of validity.

Hey man, I'm just keeping the thread going.

This shit caused a nice little discussion that didn't turn into name calling or era bashing which I feel is a bit of a plus. Lol

I know their system gets them easy shots and Curry can pull up from the logo so it is a silly statement but it does have a tad bit of validity.

This shit caused a nice little discussion that didn't turn into name calling or era bashing which I feel is a bit of a plus. Lol
Lol nah I appreciate you man thanks for helping move the thread forward

let’s just stop acting like derozan is gonna end up on any team besides the Orlando magic though

I'll give you that. Having 4 ballhandlers on the floor at all times has been key for them.

Lol nah I appreciate you man thanks for helping move the thread forward

let’s just stop acting like derozan is gonna end up on any team besides the Orlando magic though

LMAO.

I think he gonna take less money and go to a team he thinks can actually win a championship. I just have a feeling about that.

@King Freeman

Is gonna mess around and be right about him going to the Lakers for way less than he most likely can get to win a championship in his city

Warriors are angling to be in the giannis sweepstakes. They are stacking assets (wiggins max slot, #2 pick, minnys 2021 1st rounder) to make a run at a big fish.

Maybe they trade down for more assets, but I dont think they will divide their war chest for a lesser star.

LMAO.

I think he gonna take less money and go to a team he thinks can actually win a championship. I just have a feeling about that.

@King Freeman

Is gonna mess around and be right about him going to the Lakers for way less than he most likely can get to win a championship in his city
With the news of the clippers potentially making roster changes I would pencil him in there over the lakers honestly

Lou will coming to a River walk near you

Warriors are angling to be in the giannis sweepstakes. They are stacking assets (wiggins max slot, #2 pick, minnys 2021 1st rounder) to make a run at a big fish.

Maybe they trade down for more assets, but I dont think they will divide their war chest for a lesser star.

I like your thinking but the Bucks stated (which publicly is the smart thing to do) they aren't trading Giannis even if he doesn't take the offer they are going to propose to him very soon.

It can be done for sure and honestly what you stated makes the most sense (which is why it's been widely reported to be the Warriors plans, lol) but it's a decent amount of variables that could go wrong with this plan. If the Warriors player drafted (which might not be the guy the Bucks like in this draft) with this years 2nd pick turns out to be a dud, while Minnesota ends up being a playoff team, and Wiggins plays like the Wiggins we already know (aka middling) then all that shit isn't gonna move the needle for the Bucks I'm sure.

Of course that's alot of "if's" from me so, it is what it is. Lol.

I'm very excited either way to see what the Warriors end up doing with this pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back