Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can one of you athletic subscribers drop that article about free agents talking about free agents also?

I don't blame the man for wanting to go to a team that has a chance of winning the championship.

I haven't read the article and don't have a subscription to the site but I'm sure I can find the info. If I get the article or at least some of the info I will post it here

I don't blame the man for wanting to go to a team that has a chance of winning the championship.

I haven't read the article and don't have a subscription to the site but I'm sure I can find the info. If I get the article or at least some of the info I will post it here
Thanks for being a great guy man

@Taxstone

In a recent survey of NBA agents conducted by The Athletic, they were asked which high-profile players could be switching uniforms.

According to the survey, an agent answered that San Antonio Spurs' DeMar DeRozan as a player who could be looking elsewhere but took it a step further. The agent added that DeRozan does not like San Antonio.

The agent doesn’t delve in deeper besides the mention that Detroit and Dwane Casey - DeRozan’s former head coach with the Raptors - may be a landing spot for him and a handful of additional players.

DeRozan this offseason is set to make a decision on his 2020-21 Player Option which is worth over $27 million. If accepted, he will play the last season of his contract with San Antonio, but could decline and become a free agent in a shallow free agent class.

Following the end of the Spurs 2019-20 season, DeRozan praised the team's bevy of young players and stated he is excited to play with them. He also played well with the team's young players in the Orlando bubble.

In fact, DeRozan's only thoughts about next season and his player option were that he doesn't think about it.

@Taxstone

In a recent survey of NBA agents conducted by The Athletic, they were asked which high-profile players could be switching uniforms.

According to the survey, an agent answered that San Antonio Spurs' DeMar DeRozan as a player who could be looking elsewhere but took it a step further. The agent added that DeRozan does not like San Antonio.

The agent doesn’t delve in deeper besides the mention that Detroit and Dwane Casey - DeRozan’s former head coach with the Raptors - may be a landing spot for him and a handful of additional players.

DeRozan this offseason is set to make a decision on his 2020-21 Player Option which is worth over $27 million. If accepted, he will play the last season of his contract with San Antonio, but could decline and become a free agent in a shallow free agent class.

Following the end of the Spurs 2019-20 season, DeRozan praised the team's bevy of young players and stated he is excited to play with them. He also played well with the team's young players in the Orlando bubble.

In fact, DeRozan's only thoughts about next season and his player option were that he doesn't think about it.

Thanks bro

I don’t see clayface declining the option it’s too much money in an uncertain market imo even though silver said the cap would stay the same. Idk he is big on mental health so who knows? He could still command $18-24 mil on a one year deal which isn’t a bad compromise

Thanks bro

I don’t see clayface declining the option it’s too much money in an uncertain market imo even though silver said the cap would stay the same. Idk he is big on mental health so who knows? He could still command $18-24 mil on a one year deal which isn’t a bad compromise

I read a bit ago that they were trying to renegotiate a deal with him during the season but they couldn't come to an agreement. I think they would try and keep him for the right price because he gets along well with the young guys. I think he wants star money when he most likely shouldn't get that from a rebuilding team. I can see him signing with a playoff caliber team for a bit less than what he would for my Spurs.

If he opts in hopefully him and the team can work out a trade to a team he likes for something or someone we can build on

I read a bit ago that they were trying to renegotiate a deal with him during the season but they couldn't come to an agreement. I think they would try and keep him for the right price because he gets along well with the young guys. I think he wants star money when he most likely shouldn't get that from a rebuilding team. I can see him signing with a playoff caliber team for a bit less than what he would for my Spurs.

If he opts in hopefully him and the team can work out a trade to a team he likes for something or someone we can build on
You gonna laugh but I like the possibility of him on the kings

Heat and lakers make a lot of sense. Not even trying to be funny.

Those the only winning situations I think he doesn't bring down.

Why the Kings?
Ehh just the Cali connection more than anything

But I do feel like the kings are a player of his caliber away from actually being in the playoffs

Bogdan is gonna have to go in a S&T and you gotta attach a young player or pick or idk I’m kinda spit ballin

clayface wont hurt as much since bazemore is expiring and they have a few guys expiring

but now you have

Fox
Hield
Clayface
Barnes
And no C because bagley is always hurt or Holmes

I might now consider him on the one year rental

I think the heat culture would be good for him.

And I think being under a nigga like lebron would do wonders for him. He needs to see to believe.

Lol, don’t let him get your hopes up. Demar only opts out if someone lets him know he is getting around 27 mil in multiple years.
Ehh I don’t really care if he doesn’t sign here

But if teams are gonna position for Giannis in 2021 FA then the losers will have the cap room for Clayface

so just to preserve his mental health which we know he’s big on...I can see him taking 18-20 mil for one year somewhere this off season and then getting the last good multiyear deal next offseason

Heat and lakers make a lot of sense. Not even trying to be funny.

Those the only winning situations I think he doesn't bring down.

He would have to take a nice pay cut to play for the Lakers, right?

I think it might be hard for him to mesh with the Lakers and Heat due to him being most effective with having the ball in his hands. He is really good at creating shots for himself and others but he still doesn't really shoot 3 point shots. Not to mention he isn't the best defender.

Out of those 2 teams I think Miami is the best fit though. He would be surrounded by some good to solid 3 point shooter's (which fits his strength) in Herro, Robinson, Olynyk, Leonard, Nunn, and if he stays Dragic.

He would have to take a nice pay cut to play for the Lakers, right?

I think it might be hard for him to mesh with the Lakers and Heat due to him being most effective with having the ball in his hands. He is really good at creating shots for himself and others but he still doesn't really shoot 3 point shots. Not to mention he isn't the best defender.

Out of those 2 teams I think Miami is the best fit though. He would be surrounded by some good to solid 3 point shooter's (which fits his strength) in Herro, Robinson, Olynyk, Leonard, Nunn, and if he stays Dragic.
Dragic is staying

meyers is the one that might not

I agree with everything else though

dont see him working in LA that much but having him with the ball in his hands in Miami would Work as him and Jimmy would work in tandem

Ehh just the Cali connection more than anything

But I do feel like the kings are a player of his caliber away from actually being in the playoffs

Bogdan is gonna have to go in a S&T and you gotta attach a young player or pick or idk I’m kinda spit ballin

clayface wont hurt as much since bazemore is expiring and they have a few guys expiring

but now you have

Fox
Hield
Clayface
Barnes
And no C because bagley is always hurt or Holmes

I don't think he would sign there unless they offer him the MAX. lol. Their defense wouldn't be good with that starting unit you posted also.

No telling what Demar is going to do but I definitely can't see him staying long term with San Antonio unless they some how make a move to get a star player to play along side him or one of the young guys shows hella potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back