Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

He’s not the only player with an incomplete resume given his unconventional path, but given his fame will be poked and prodded more than the rest. “He’s inconsistent and erratic,” a Western Conference executive told Yahoo Sports. “But he has an elite IQ and he’s 6-foot-7.” “I worry about giving him the keys to my franchise,” an Eastern Conference personnel director said. “But he’s a worker and handles pressure so well.” – via Vincent Goodwill @ Yahoo! Sports

I have a feeling the Pelicans won't make any trades or fail to do so, so if we stay put, I'm hoping for:

13: Poku
24: Riller

Just small look at where I'm at right now as far as who I like/have confidence in, guys I'm skeptical about or pass on, conflicted and sleepers

Prospects I really like

Lamelo Ball
Okongwu
Haliburton
Maxey
Okoro
Saddiq Bey
Vassell
Wiseman

Undecided

Killian Hayes (I've flipped so much on this kid but I'm leaning towards nah)
Patrick Williams - leaning towards yes, I just think he has slow feet
Deni - leaning towards nah, the Israeli league sucks

Stay aways/Skeptical

Obi Toppin
Anthony Edwards
Precious Achiuwa
Aaron Nesmith
RJ Hampton
Kira Lewis
Jaden McDaniels

Underrated/Sleepers

Maxey *
Cole Anthony
Jalen Smith
Payton Pritchard
Nice Mannion
Tyrell Terry
Desmond Bane

Sources pointed to Toppin as New York’s trade-up target. So, why would the Cavs, linked for weeks to the Dayton high-flyer, make this move? As of Monday, when the Cavs gathered to finalize their big board, they seemed undecided about who to choose at No. 5. Late Tuesday night, one source said there were three or four guys the Cavs were deliberating between. A few of those options, of course, are considered more likely than others. – via Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

Back