2019 NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (RAPTORS WIN 1️⃣st NBA TITLE)

Who wins the NBA Title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Accordind to Perkins....KD pretty much folded to the chatter about how he should come back. Talmbout he couldn't go out like that.
He should know better than to listen to the talking heads by now. If he was to ever listen, it should have been when he left OKC for their rivals.

Look at this shit

D8wXaAuXUAAMlWI

health >>> RiNGz

Interesting argument.

Because everything is relative.

10 years from now, KD will be fine. He’ll be able to watch his kids grow up, relax with loved ones, walk into any available business opportunity - you name it.

His health will not be affected long term because of this injury. Modern medicine and time will heal that wound.

It’s been proven hundreds of times.

So that begs the question - why does health matter in the short term?

I would argue: “Legacy”.

The healthier you are, the greater you can maximize your abilities and the better you will perform and be viewed historically.

What’s the largest contributing factor toward legacy?

Ringz

So Health is NOT more important than Ringz”

Relative “health” is the currency used to acquire Ringz in an effort to improve one’s Legacy.

If you argued for money against Ringz, and the ability to invest and set your family up for generations, you’d have a stronger argument.

Reactions: AP2.5
Interesting argument.

Because everything is relative.

10 years from now, KD will be fine. He’ll be able to watch his kids grow up, relax with loved ones, walk into any available business opportunity - you name it.

His health will not be affected long term because of this injury. Modern medicine and time will heal that wound.

It’s been proven hundreds of times.

So that begs the question - why does health matter in the short term?

I would argue: “Legacy”.

The healthier you are, the greater you can maximize your abilities and the better you will perform and be viewed historically.

What’s the largest contributing factor toward legacy?

Ringz

So Health is NOT more important than Ringz”

Relative “health” is the currency used to acquire Ringz in an effort to improve one’s Legacy.

If you argued for money against Ringz, and the ability to invest and set your family up for generations, you’d have a stronger argument.
good points

i would argue that, while he is making a lot of money, he is still capped at his highest earning potential due to the restrictions put in place by the NBA and players union. Then i guess you could say, how much money is enough? Well, you only have a small window with sports to earn your maximum potential earnings, but in the process, if you damage one of the main limbs used to do that job and do it effectively, there lies a potential risk to not reach the aforementioned max potential earnings

In short, KD for whatever criticism he received after leaving OKC, he was never going to appease anyone outside of his mother. Dudes are STILL talking about how he ruined the nba going to GS. So this whole legacy shit is overblown in respect to what he is as one of the top 5 players in the league. He went out there when he shouldn't to prove a point to a buncha media talking heads and bball message board nobodies that he is a great player and was willing to sacrifice his health for it which to me is/was dumb.

His legacy is cemented and certified imo and shouldnt have felt pressured by ANYONE, owner included to go out there and play if there was a risk he could further damage himself.

At the end of the day, this shit is just sports and entertainment. These billionaire owners dont give a shit about anything other than their bottomline so i was perplexed af to see the owner acting like he was devastated. I have to question his motives. Does he really care about KD? Or does he care about what KD can do for him and his co owners by bringing another title to GS?

There are some owners in sports i really feel like they actually care about the players, but it still has to be at what expense.

That was like the scene in Any Given Sunday when LT character was told that if he sustained one more lethal blow to the head, he could die, but that nigga was hellbent on getting some stats bonus that he said fuck it...at least i'll go out on the field. Fuck that

He should know better than to listen to the talking heads by now. If he was to ever listen, it should have been when he left OKC for their rivals.

C'mon now. This KD...aka...Mr. Alias. Lol.

So we're taking it as gospel that that was truly KD's motivation to go out there last night?

So we're taking it as gospel that that was truly KD's motivation to go out there last night?

Had to have been to a degree. I can't imagine the nigga reluctantly went and played.

The training staff is the side that's supposed to show the most reluctance in these situations. Seems like they couldn't wait to get him out there tho. Nigga been questionable since game 2.

i mean, i really think it was a combo of his "competitiveness" and brass wanting to have a 3peat

i saw dumb shit on my TL where niggas are out here talking about some fucking high school game they risked their health to play in some bullshit game

one nigga said he cut a cast off prematurely so that he could play...smmfh

good points

i would argue that, while he is making a lot of money, he is still capped at his highest earning potential due to the restrictions put in place by the NBA and players union. Then i guess you could say, how much money is enough? Well, you only have a small window with sports to earn your maximum potential earnings, but in the process, if you damage one of the main limbs used to do that job and do it effectively, there lies a potential risk to not reach the aforementioned max potential earnings

In short, KD for whatever criticism he received after leaving OKC, he was never going to appease anyone outside of his mother. Dudes are STILL talking about how he ruined the nba going to GS. So this whole legacy shit is overblown in respect to what he is as one of the top 5 players in the league. He went out there when he shouldn't to prove a point to a buncha media talking heads and bball message board nobodies that he is a great player and was willing to sacrifice his health for it which to me is/was dumb.

His legacy is cemented and certified imo and shouldnt have felt pressured by ANYONE, owner included to go out there and play if there was a risk he could further damage himself.

At the end of the day, this shit is just sports and entertainment. These billionaire owners dont give a shit about anything other than their bottomline so i was perplexed af to see the owner acting like he was devastated. I have to question his motives. Does he really care about KD? Or does he care about what KD can do for him and his co owners by bringing another title to GS?

There are some owners in sports i really feel like they actually care about the players, but it still has to be at what expense.

That was like the scene in Any Given Sunday when LT character was told that if he sustained one more lethal blow to the head, he could die, but that nigga was hellbent on getting some stats bonus that he said fuck it...at least i'll go out on the field. Fuck that

Your first paragraph is on point. In a lot of ways I agree.

It sounds like you are placing money / prosperity as your ultimate goal far over legacy or one’s ultimate place in basketball lore.

But you’re not KD.

You don’t have a chance to be considered the greatest ever at something (at least not basketball).

You also through in there - “sacrificing your health”. And I still feel like that is a relative concept.

These guys are professional athletes. Their concept of injury and health is completely different than ours.

It’s all relative.

If KD has anyone with sense on his financial team, he’ll never have to worry about money.

You right down a number, I can write one down - how much does it really impact his life?

Even still - its widely believed that the events that transpired last night, ultimately won’t cost KD a single dime

Health?

In one year he will be healed enough to play a sport professionally in the most competitive league on earth.

So what are we really taking about, health wise?

Now what is one thing that isn’t a relative constant?

Legacy

Again, I point to - what is your motivation. And the fact the we need to consider that those factors might weigh differently for someone in KD’s position

Last edited:
I literally didn't mention Durant in the post.

So you tell me.

It was implied. But we can be literal if you want.

What do the GSW Medical staff have to do with Kawhi?

Let’s see how you make that connection without including Durant.

It was implied. But we can be literal if you want.

What do the GSW Medical staff have to do with Kawhi?

Let’s see how you make that connection without including Durant.

The gsw staff made a mistake the Raptors staff wouldn't have made.
They raised the value of the Toronto staff making a mistake that Kawhi witnessed first hand.
That's the point lol. Tf.
Stop playing retard Olympics.

The gsw staff made a mistake the Raptors staff wouldn't have made.
They raised the value of the Toronto staff making a mistake that Kawhi witnessed first hand.

That's the point lol. Tf.
Stop playing retard Olympics.

5227FB27-2517-42E3-9737-A4FA21FF6195.gif

Bruh... Re read your explanation.

I know you want homie to stay, but this is a reach, fam.

Kawhi ain’t doing all that mental gymnastics.

Coach Nick got a medical physician to explain KD's injury.

More anatomy lessons lol but really informative