Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

Texans got alot of ifs

If deshaun can stay healthy
If jj can stay healthy
If the oline don't look like complete trash

Then they can be one of the best teams in the AFC. I personally think their ceiling is 11-5. Im not a big fan of Lamar miller. I wish Donta foreman was healthy to start the season but it looks like hes gonna miss a few games. Secondary is a mystery. Finally moving kareem jackson to safety (shouldve done it 2 seasons ago). Dont know what we're gettin from honey badger. Joseph old but still dependable. Lastly I hope bill o brien starts letting deshaun win the game for us in the 4th quarters instead of playing scared.

Stats speak for themselves. We had a better record when the ball was spread around than when Landry was the #1 target in a game. Too lazy to look up the stat

So by that logic the Dolphins are gonna have a better record than last year with the recievers they have now right? At stat like that is pretty insignificant compared to other reasons I’m sure y’all had the record you had last year. That sounds like some shit put out there to make y’all feel better that you traded him. He’s clearly talent Tannehill can use & it’s proven they were well together.

So by that logic the Dolphins are gonna have a better record than last year with the recievers they have now right? At stat like that is pretty insignificant compared to other reasons I’m sure y’all had the record you had last year. That sounds like some shit put out there to make y’all feel better that you traded him. He’s clearly talent Tannehill can use & it’s proven they were well together.
Nope. I literally don't care. I didn't want Landry at 15 mill a year. The point was the offense hummed better when we weren't forcing the ball to Landry to make him happy. Bigger loss was Suh imo

Far as the rest of the nfl

East- Pats, Eagles
North- Steelers, Vikings
South- Jags, Saints
West- Rams, Chargers

WC- Redskins, Niners, Ravens, Texans

SB: Jags v Saints

Sleeper teams: Bears, Giants, Bengals, Lions

MVP: Brees
OROY: Baker Mayfield
DROY: Bradley Chubb
OPOY: Deshaun Watson
DPOY: Jalen Ramsey
COTY: Doug Marrone

28khe77.jpg

b7lys3.jpg

notro3.jpg

2rz281h.jpg

They had Landry running shitty routes

Hooks and screens all damn game.

Dude route tree is much bigger than what they let him do in Miami.

He's gonna eat in Todd Haley's offense running those routes.

Interesting article. I can see where Landry is coming from.

Landry is not a burner, blow the top off the defense type of receiver but he also ain't slow. So I never really understood why all we had him running was dink and dunk routes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...independent-investigations-far-from-thorough/

Report: NFL’s independent investigations far from thorough

Upon the completion of Mary Joe White’s investigation into former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson’s workplace misconduct toward women and minorities, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell referred to her “careful and thorough examination of these issues.”

But Friday, the publication whose investigation triggered the sale of the team portrayed an investigation process that was far from thorough.

The look at NFL investigations by Jon Wertheim and Viv Bernstein of Sports Illustrated paints a picture of a league that appears more interested in a quick result than a complete vetting.

According to SI, not only did Richardson not make himself available to White, nor did the league promise to protect any of the recipients of settlements from Richardson, all of whom signed non-disclosure agreements.

While the team said they provided contact information for every employee to White, and “made clear that there would be no retaliation for participating in the investigation,” it appears few took them up on the offer.

“The burden was on [women] to come forward,” said one male employee who has been with the team for more than 10 years. “Shouldn’t an investigator actually investigate?”

One of the former employees who received a settlement said: “I have spoken with other people who were in the same situation I was in, and none spoke to the league or were contacted.”

“The league did not want to stand up and say, ‘We’ll protect you; we just want to get to the truth.'” one former female employee said. “So that makes you think, Are you really trying to get to the bottom of this? Or are you just doing this for show?”

One of Richardson’s accusers described the investigation as “bogus” in an April follow-up by SI.

Since the sale, chief operating officer Tina Becker (Richardson’s long-time right hand) resigned, and legal counsel Richard Thigpen (who authorized and oversaw the NDAs) was fired.

The league fined Richardson $2.75 million at the end of the investigation. Richardson sold his team to David Tepper for $2.275 billion.

Nope. I literally don't care. I didn't want Landry at 15 mill a year. The point was the offense hummed better when we weren't forcing the ball to Landry to make him happy. Bigger loss was Suh imo

Meh, still take Landry over what y’all got now tho. Whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

The NFC is going to be a blood bath. Niners and Giants are my sleepers. Wouldn't surprise me at all if one of them played in the conference championship

The AFC South is going back to those times where you could finish 12-4 and still not win the division.
Nah man. Texans, Colts and Titans are so flawed, Jags win that division easily. Maybe Titans can step up, but i don't rate Varbel at all. He was so bad IMO when he was our DC. A lot of Texan fans were happy to see Crennel back.

Back