Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

Wild Card Predictions

Bears- I think that defense especially that line will be too much for Foles to overcome. Mitch & that rushing attack could have a great day too.

Seahawks- It’ll be a close game, which is why I think it’ll come down to which QB will perform better at crunch time. Wilson will outplay Dak.

Colts- Indy has all the momentum IMO & Houston’s defense isn’t as scary as they should be. The Texans are gonna miss Demaryius Thomas keeping those double teams from Hopkins.

Chargers- Melvin Gordon will be the difference maker. The Chargers losing to Baltimore a few weeks ago was a wake up call. Plus I think Rivers will make the most of a rare playoff appearance.

I don't have a dig in this fight but I will say this.....from what I remember, he was the defensive coordinator in Minnesota and ran an aggressive 4-3 scheme. He kept Dick Lebeau because he didn't see a need to fix what wasn't broken...

Did you know that Minny fell all the way to 31st in passing yards on D the one year he was in charge? They got a lot of int's but Ted Cottrell had his fingerprints all over that personnel before Tomlin got there. I agree with you about Lebeau but once the D started to break, nothing was really done to fix it. Tomlin has been blessed with Dungy, Kiffin, and that great Tampa defense (and Raiders playbook lol), Lebeau and a great Steelers defense, I just want to know where has he left his fingerprints that show his coaching greatness? That interview he gave the Rooney family had to be the best one ever bcuz this dude came out of nowhere to be an untouchable legend. What's his coaching tree gonna look like compared to other legends?

Question tho @O.G. ....

Do you think your recent (last 5 years or so) secondary draft picks haven't worked out because they're just not that good or some had potential but they weren't developed/coached correctly or is it a mix of both??

Last edited:
Question tho @O.G. ....

Do you think your recent (last 5 years or so) secondary draft picks haven't worked out because they're just not that good or some had a potential but there weren't developed/coached correctly or is it a mix of both??
A mix of both. I think they look lost more often than not. Is that coaching or the player? You tell me. The fact they keep drafting db's in the first 3 rounds and still have to rely on free agents to come in and start is baffling. When Coty Sensabaugh can start on your team, you failed somewhere in coaching. Artie Burns just sucks. No more needs to be said about him. A lot of times Steelers safeties or in chase position bcuz the scheme has LB's covering wr's. NO BUENO!!!
Check that Chargers game for proof.

That's just one game. Trust me there is a lot more throughout the years.

Until this year attacking Steelers LB's has been how NE always beats Pitt.
Steelers are not gonna fire Tomlin but at some point, he is gonna have to put his stamp on that defense. He doesn't have the savvy vets that he use to so it's time to coach em up.

OU made Lincoln a offer he couldnt refuse...

jimmy-mcnulty.gif

Yeah I don’t like the matchup. TY Hilton kills us every time we play. Luck threw for 400 yards last time we played. Not only that, we have the worst o line in the league and no number 2 WR to take pressure off Nuk.

So DT hasn't been makin' ANY plays?? And is Coutee still hurt?

DT ruptured his Achilles in the Eagles game.

Coutee should play this week.

Ohhh shit, I don't know how I let that slip pass me! I think it was b/c I went to a game party for the Ravens/Browns and I wasn't watching RedZone like usual. But still tho, I swear they haven't covered his injury like that on ESPN or NFL Network.

Back