Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

i disagree with him saying Fournette was overdrafted. Dude was a beast at LSU. The only knock on him was that he didnt do shit against Alabama, but who does?

Fournette running style is worrisome.

He always looks to run over people and I believe he came into camp outta shape with the intent to play his way into shape and that's how he hurt his hamstring

i kinda see your point, BUT, i think people are having revisionist history b/c I cant recall ANYBODY (not saying here) saying Mahommes was the real deal.

I knew Watson wasnt going high. A black spread option QB? nah

he not white enough
LOL, even if people were not saying they were real deals, 2 teams gave up a second 1st round pick to move up and get those QBs. The Jaguars knew what they had with Brotles, they could have done their due diligence and drafted a QB without giving anything up.

The fact that Ruben Foster got picked up by the Redskins 2 days after being cut is embarrassing
Speaking of the 2017 draft, looks like Lynch fucked up that 1st round. Solomon Thomas who he picked 3rd overall is looking like an average player (bust is too extreme) and Ruben Foster who he picked at 31 is off the team.

Beathard and Witherspoon who he picked in the 3rd round are looking like wasted picks.

Joe Williams who he picked in the 4th round is not even in the NFL right now.

Fournette running style is worrisome.

He always looks to run over people and I believe he came into camp outta shape with the intent to play his way into shape and that's how he hurt his hamstring
yeah

the biggest issue with that was at LSU, the OL he had allowed him to make one cut, then it was downhill from there

he can do that in Jax

i disagree with him saying Fournette was overdrafted. Dude was a beast at LSU. The only knock on him was that he didnt do shit against Alabama, but who does?

I too dont disagree w them drafting Fournette. They had a plan, and stuck to it.

They jus shoulda never resigned blake in the offseason. And DAMN sure not on a 3 year deal. Maybe a one year "prove it" deal. Or atleast shoulda invested in a capable back up. Like Teddy B.

Dont kno wtf they saw in blake to give him that deal smh. They BETTER get the qb situation right this offseason.

Last edited:
Speaking of the 2017 draft, looks like Lynch fucked up that 1st round. Solomon Thomas who he picked 3rd overall is looking like an average player (bust is too extreme) and Ruben Foster who he picked at 31 is off the team.

Beathard and Witherspoon who he picked in the 3rd round are looking like wasted picks.

lol i jus googled that nigga like 2 days ago. Wondering wtf was up w him. Cuz i hear NOTHING about him anymore. I cant lie, i thought coming outta stanford dude was gonna be a star. frfr. Its only year 2, but he a bust imo.

I too dont disagree w them drafting Fournette. They had a plan, and stuck to it.

They jus shoulda never resigned blake the offseason. And DAMN sure not on a 3 year deal. Maybe a one year "prove it deal". Or atleast shoulda invested in a capable back up. Like Teddy B.

Dont kno wtf they saw in blake to give him that deal smh. They BETTER get the qb situation right this offseason.

Alot wring in Jacksonville and it's not just Bortles.

They need WRs. They could have at least kept one of them for Bortles.

They need to mature and stop running their mouths especially Ramsey. He getting the humble pie this year

They need to mature and stop running their mouths especially Ramsey. He getting the humble pie this year

Yea the wrs n tight ends. When i watched the extended highlights of the bills v jags gm, there were alotta dropped passes. All of it wasnt on him. Yet he still made alotta bad throws.

Goin into the year w donte monchief as ur number 1 is the fucking joke of the year imo. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

Ramsey gone ramsey. All of that makes him who he is. I wouldnt try to curb him at all. When u that good, u jus gotta let him do him.

Id take him on my team in a heart beat. Drama, trash talk, baggage n all. And make him the highest paid corner in the history of the league.

To be fair he did pick Kittle in the 5th round....
But you are on point w/ what you said.

They've had terrible misfortune @ the WR position since Jimmy and Keenan left.

Reggie Williams, Matt Jones (dumb pick) and Justin Blackmon (who was actually a fringe #1, but nobody knew about his inner demons, smh). All 1st rounders..... Not even gonna speak on Laurent Robinson's and Jerry Porter's of the world free agent acquisitions.

AR was the guy, but he got hurt and they wanted to move on and didn't want to pay. Besides him, Cecil Shorts was there 2nd best receiver in years and that's SAD.

They've had terrible misfortune @ the WR position since Jimmy and Keenan left.

Reggie Williams, Matt Jones (dumb pick) and Justin Blackmon (who was actually a fringe #1, but nobody knew about his inner demons, smh). All 1st rounders..... Not even gonna speak on Laurent Robinson's and Jerry Porter's of the world free agent acquisitions.

AR was the guy, but he got hurt and they wanted to move on and didn't want to pay. Besides him, Cecil Shorts was there 2nd best receiver in years and that's SAD.

Those were dark days. Paid those clowns all that money for nothing.

They jus shoulda never resigned blake in the offseason. And DAMN sure not on a 3 year deal. Maybe a one year "prove it" deal. Or atleast shoulda invested in a capable back up. Like Teddy B.

The owner is a Trump supporter so its no surprise he made a bad decision with his QB.

A stat I didnt even know regarding my squad

And regarding how people say on how to be the Saints

"On his weekly spot with the G-Bag Nation on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Stephen Jones said the team wanted to control the ball. They wanted to win the time of possession battle. They want to keep the ball out of the hands of Drew Brees"

"No team in the NFL has less offensive drives this season than the Saints. New Orleans just that good at putting points on the board, topping the league in yards, points, plays, time of possession and success rate per drive"

Back