Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it started b4 that comment.Players were already starting to collectively decide not to join forces with Bron b4 that statement. I do agree with what you insinuate in that his statement did make it so players began to target him and expose his ass. I'm no fan of Bron, but I'll say this is a fairly new syndrome that will happen to most players in the NBA future who will be considered the solo face of the league. I think it might have started with Kobe (and I am a Kobe fan). What's the syndrome? Players and teams recognize one guy dominating the league and they conspire to go at the King by not joining forces with him. The media tried to make it seem like players didn't wanna play with Kobe and they executed a witchhunt to try and find names but couldn't. The truth was (as Mark Cuban stated, teams didn't want the Lakers to win and wouldn't trade any of their good players to play with Kobe bc they knew he would win a ring if he had one other superstar**Mark Cuban, Popovich, and the owner of the Cavs went to the league to try and stop Memphis from executing the Pau Gasol trade; the same way coaches and David Stern prevented Chris Paul from playing with Kobe.

Im still wondering how they pulled that Chris Paul shit off?

Yeah true bro, Hope Kenrich Williams makes the rising stars team next year
Lol at you using that as a "diss"

Lol at you as a fan caring about that shit

I hope he does make it so whatever financial incentive is in his contact he gets

Fwiw,I was happy kuz got MVP of that game and got a bag

Lol at you using that as a "diss"

Lol at you as a fan caring about that shit

I hope he does make it so whatever financial incentive is in his contact he gets

Fwiw,I was happy kuz got MVP of that game and got a bag

No diss man, wishing you guys’ young nucleus well.

Im still wondering how they pulled that Chris Paul shit off?
I never saw anything like it. 80% of the fans were against Kobe bc they loved Shaq and felt that respecting Kobe was an insult to Jordan AND in that day coming close to Jordan's legacy was BLASPHEMY and got you hated on immediately by the media and fans who were not ready for the new Iverson era. Media hated Kobe bc like Kyrie he kept proving them wrong in their predictions of his career. He'd never win a ring, he'll never win without Shaq; his style of play [fill in the blanks]. Coaches were against the Lakers as much as they were against Kobe. At that time coaches were tired of the Lakers always winning, and as coaches and owners admitted; they had agreements to not trade their players to the Lakers no matter what. The Phil Jackson Lakers were dominant for like 10 years. The NBA wasn't so much against Kobe UNTIL after that rape trial. Couldn't have him as the face of its league or rated the Best Player Ever. They couldn't stand him winning and couldn't have him get that coveted Jordan 6th ring, thus the reason they couldn't let Chris Paul go to the Lakers; even though New Orleans would have received a more than fairly decent return. David Stern vetoed a Chris Paul trade (bc the league had control over the Hornets) yet allowed Bron, Wade, Bosh, and Ray Allen. Kobe's legacy was silently assassinated by the league, media, and haters/critics & nobody talks about it. They literally effected the trajectory of his career by instituting actions against him NEVER done to another player in any sport.
NBA knew how much money they missed out on by not having a face of the league for over 20 years, and that's why they were more than ready with all endorsements to anoint Lebron; and thankfully to all the Kobe haters he did deliver in his greatness; but alot of the love Bron gets is due to Kobe haters and the NBA withholding the light, and Kobe stans like me, and NBA players who played with Kobe remember that Shit.

Last edited:
So when will the rockets blow this lead?

Celtics going to make a run at some point in the 3rd but yeah...it would be nice to not completely shit a 20 point lead for once

Just hope the shots keep falling, we have a habit of going cold at the worst time

Eric Gordons fun level seems to be fairly high though so we might be straight

Need the wolves to win tonight and the Clippers to win tomorrow for the culture

Btw the hornets having a firm grasp on 7th for awhile to now being 9th is horrible

And a bucks/magic series is straight to DVD status

Lakers 3-7 over the last 10

Pelicans 5-5 over the last 10, sitting 1 win behind the Lakers with wins over Houston, Denver, and the Lakers, and off the top of my head, without AD

"Y'all think they'll pick up the phone in the summer this time"
-Magic

Why the fuck you happy we winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back