Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my brother back in the late part of December or January. Whenever he made that GOAT comment. I knew teams were going to go at him for that. It seems like since that comment. It has been a consistent downward spiral since

Someone on LG said Bron got seen saying “its only me and you” to BI during the game on the Suns broadcast lol

I didn’t catch it tho

Lol bro the Lakers as they are currently constructed are WACK

And that's me being unbiased

"Wack" and that's being "unbiased"....

The Heat as currently constructed are wack. The Lakers aren't in that boat. They're trying to learn how to play with Lebron.

Lakers beat OKC in 6.

tenor (37).gif

2mma78.jpg

2-4 post all star break

The Lakers needed to go 5-3 before next weekend, it's over

Last edited:
1-4 post all star break

The Lakers needed to go 5-3 before next weekend they 2-4 somehow through this weekend it's over

The squad swooning and still a has better record than Miami

SHEESH #StriveForGreatness

These dudes don't want it. You can blame a lot of stuff for them being in this position but tonight showed that they just don't want it. Shit's disappointing.
I feel you man

I'm a hater but an objective one. Sorry it ain't work out. Next year is new beginnings

Tell BDB to take notes on how to handle watching a bad team like a G

I told my brother back in the late part of December or January. Whenever he made that GOAT comment. I knew teams were going to go at him for that. It seems like since that comment. It has been a consistent downward spiral since
I think it started b4 that comment.Players were already starting to collectively decide not to join forces with Bron b4 that statement. I do agree with what you insinuate in that his statement did make it so players began to target him and expose his ass. I'm no fan of Bron, but I'll say this is a fairly new syndrome that will happen to most players in the NBA future who will be considered the solo face of the league. I think it might have started with Kobe (and I am a Kobe fan). What's the syndrome? Players and teams recognize one guy dominating the league and they conspire to go at the King by not joining forces with him. The media tried to make it seem like players didn't wanna play with Kobe and they executed a witchhunt to try and find names but couldn't. The truth was (as Mark Cuban stated, teams didn't want the Lakers to win and wouldn't trade any of their good players to play with Kobe bc they knew he would win a ring if he had one other superstar**Mark Cuban, Popovich, and the owner of the Cavs went to the league to try and stop Memphis from executing the Pau Gasol trade; the same way coaches and David Stern prevented Chris Paul from playing with Kobe.

Last edited:
[Titangraph] Ignore this shit, I know it's a lot to read; hell, it was a lot to type.
Enough about Kobe. Point is team owners didn't want Kobe or the Lakers winning no more JUST as the syndrome now seems to be players don't care to join Lebron only to be blamed when they lose and watch only his legacy get promoted when Lebron wins. Syndrome is being GREAT makes you a target. Lebron thought he could circumvent it by being a recruiter and stacking his teams and winning rings BUT players like Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Chris Bosh, Isiah Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, began sounding the alarms. Now, he's stuck like Kobe's Lakers against the Boston Celtics superteam trying to take washed up old All-Stars like Ron Artest to the Finals. He'll get Anthony Davis, and maybe that might inject his career with one more shot; but basically, it's not that players don't respect Bron, they just don't care to join him&they don't need him. Last point is dude's first year in the West proves many of his critics right. He would've never made all those damn finals had he been playing in the WEst, and the evidence is in not making even the playoffs.

Last edited:
If Donovan lead the Jazz past the Thunder in this year’s post season - with two MVP caliber players and one of the best rosters in the league ... you going to give him credit or you going to blame it on Westbrook again?

Lakers 3-7 over the last 10

Pelicans 5-5 over the last 10, sitting 1 win behind the Lakers with wins over Houston, Denver, and the Lakers, and off the top of my head, without AD

"Y'all think they'll pick up the phone in the summer this time"
-Magic

Yeah true bro, Hope Kenrich Williams makes the rising stars team next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back