Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's GO

#Wolf Gang

I like getting Covington he helps the perimeter defense and that 3 point shooting,Saric is a good stretch 4 but he's a turnstyle on defense. Decent trade for both teams,Jimmy gives Philly a perimeter defender

and a closer,Toronto or Boston is coming out of the East,I'm leaning more toward Toronto as of now.

Ion get it, Jimmy Butler is aight, is the league that deficient of guys that can actually play organized ball at consistent and decent rate that Jimmy Butler is being treated like this gens Ray Allen via trade?

Who else of his caliber is available right now?

Not next year or 2 years from now.......but this season?

Granted, on the surface it looks like it says a lot about the state of the league..........but it's also misleading because nearly all of the upper echelon players are already locked into their contracts.

tumblr_ovbyv9q31O1ryhzimo2_540.gif

Kemba Walker = MVP candidate, is what I meant.

He should be in the conversation.

Who else of his caliber is available right now?

Not next year or 2 years from now.......but this season?

Granted, on the surface it looks like it says a lot about the state of the league..........but it's also misleading because nearly all of the upper echelon players are already locked into their contracts.
Yea u right, and I am speaking of surface. I get why teams would want him, he's a solid at 2. But point to an iconic meaningful game that he took over. That's the way this is being scripted..like he's that guy.

Let's GO

#Wolf Gang

I like getting Covington he helps the perimeter defense and that 3 point shooting,Saric is a good stretch 4 but he's a turnstyle on defense. Decent trade for both teams,Jimmy gives Philly a perimeter defender

and a closer,Toronto or Boston is coming out of the East,I'm leaning more toward Toronto as of now.

I like that trade for yall. Those two are good fits for your current roster. I think Saric is going to ball out

Thibs couldn't finesse anyone into taking back that Dieng contract. That was apparently one of the caveats in any butler deal. Im guessing once he dropped that thr offers came flooding in.

Thibs couldn't finesse anyone into taking back that Dieng contract. That was apparently one of the caveats in any butler deal. Im guessing once he dropped that thr offers came flooding in.

He could've took the 4 first round picks from Houston, attached one to Dieng and sent him somewhere like Atlanta

But thats irrelevant at this point

Think this was a solid deal for both sides, huge gamble for Philly but even with the concerns of him meshing with another young core Im not mad at them for going all in especially considering Embiids injury history

Minnesota got back some young players that fit with what they're trying to do and got rid of a massive distraction

As far as Houston goes we're going to have to get very creative if we want to realistically make a move that elevates us back into contention now that Jimmy is off the table

Nah, Boston is hurting themselves by holding on to Hayward and Kyrie.

Huh?? You did see boston in game 7 last year in ECF? They need kyrie n Hayward. I mean its obvious they just trying to figure it out now everyone is back...

But dont get caught up in how they performed last year. A lot of that ish was luck. As Brad Steven's said..."we aren't as good as we think we are"

He could've took the 4 first round picks from Houston, attached one to Dieng and sent him somewhere like Atlanta

But thats irrelevant at this point

Think this was a solid deal for both sides, huge gamble for Philly but even with the concerns of him meshing with another young core Im not mad at them for going all in especially considering Embiids injury history

Minnesota got back some young players that fit with what they're trying to do and got rid of a massive distraction

True. I dont know if that was really on the table but if it was i would have done it but there might have been some protections on the picks which would make them a lot less valuable.

Yeah but they traded bev, dekker, montrezl, Lou Williams, and a pick for Chris Paul lol

They kinda had to. Especially after almost going to the finals

In other words, CP3 could have opted out and went to the Rockets that offseason, but he facilitated a trade that would have ensured that the Rockets had his bird rights and enough cap space to give him 40 mil.

Which is dope. Players should always go for their money. But the way it was played like CP3 was doing both teams a favor? Fuck outa here with that

Huh?? You did see boston in game 7 last year in ECF? They need kyrie n Hayward. I mean its obvious they just trying to figure it out now everyone is back...

But dont get caught up in how they performed last year. A lot of that ish was luck. As Brad Steven's said..."we aren't as good as we think we are"

Only thing they did wrong in game 7 was shoot...and miss.....too many threes.

If not for that, they would've beaten Cleveland.

Now, it's still early in the season..........but the chemistry with Hayward and Kyrie on the floor is definitely off.

Damn I'm not sure Phillys offer was the best but I'll take it. Four first round picks tho

The New York Times reported last month that Minnesota had come close to trading Butler to the Miami Heat on at least two occasions in the ensuing month, for a package that included the promising Miami swingman Josh Richardson and a future first-round pick.

The Timberwolves also rebuffed numerous approaches from the Houston Rockets. Aside from Philadelphia, Houston had been Butler’s most aggressive suitor in recent days, offering four future first-round picks in its latest proposal. But Minnesota owner Glen Taylor and Thibodeau were intent on trading Butler to an Eastern Conference team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back