Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph Curry isnt a volume scorer and volume scoring isnt the most important skill set in todays NBA

Ok. Technicality.

“Scoring at a high volume” (efficiently or not). What’s more important in today’s NBA than scoring?

Btw y’all talking about this man’s rookie year. He’ll get more efficient with time.

Steph also has elite ball handling and finishing ability

Name me a rookie in the last 10 years with better ball handling and finishing ability the Donovan Mitchell.

Lol volume scoring is not the most important skill in todays nba wtf

curry aint a volume scorer either he's averaging 32 ppg on 20 shots and curry can defend and playmake he gets hyped for his shooting he's more complete player than that. Iverson is the poster child for volume scoring.volume scoring is 32 ppg on 30 shots per game

26 games isnt a small sample size bruh that's basically 1/3rd of an nba season

the jazz were better than the thunder,melo got exposed defensively that series along with russ playing like a unstable clown the 1st 4 games that's why the jazz won

both Mitchell and simmons were exposed in the playoffs(embiid too).Micthell averaged 19ppg on 20 shots per game and shot 36% fg and 25% from 3 vs the rockets

We'll agree to disagree, I wouldn't expect someone of your ilk to understand

Lol. You could explain away every loss in NBA history to support your narrative if you wanted to.

Fact remains - in his rookie year, Spyda went toe to toe with an MVP in his prime and led his team to the 2nd Rd in a Stacked Western conference.

And I wouldn’t call a rookie going against the #1 see in the Western conference and getting outplayed by a HOF Point Guard ... “getting exposed”.

I’d call it, gaining experience.

Although I’d disagree with a few names, it looks like a list of All Stars to me - and a few likely Hall Of Famers.

Which basically tells me Mitchell is in pretty good company.
He will always be an all star bcuz fans like flashy scorers . My problem with Mitchell is if he ain't scoring, he really does not have much impact on the game. That can be said about a lot of players but it's a big negative if you are trying to compare him to Ben. Still hella early in the season but imo both players are exactly the same as last season.

Lol. You could explain away every loss in NBA history to support your narrative if you wanted to.

Fact remains - in his rookie year, Spyda went toe to toe with an MVP in his prime and led his team to the 2nd Rd in a Stacked Western conference.

And I wouldn’t call a rookie going against the #1 see in the Western conference and getting outplayed by a HOF Point Guard ... “getting exposed”.

I’d call it, gaining experience.

You're bringing no substance, jazz lost in 5 just like the sixers did in the 2nd round.

the stacked western conference narrative is laughable.Last season it was warriors and rockets & a bunch of middle of the pack pretenders that were separated by 2.5 games 3-9.Jazz surged when gobert returned,if gobert never returns they don't make the playoffs.Simmons team went 11-0 without embiid

if mitchell was gaining expereience wtf was simmons doing? Man I arguing with no casual 86 this exchange it's done

Ok. Technicality.

“Scoring at a high volume” (efficiently or not). What’s more important in today’s NBA than scoring?

Btw y’all talking about this man’s rookie year. He’ll get more efficient with time.

Name me a rookie in the last 10 years with better ball handling and finishing ability the Donovan Mitchell.

Volume scoring is a trait thats a dime a dozen, think about Jamal Crawford, thats all he does and thats why he bounced around the league so much and even when he settled in as a sixth man he was never essential to his teams success

Now as far the most important skill it depends on who you ask but the ability to defend multiple positions, ballhandling/playmaking, 3pt shooting ect are all much more important than volume scoring

Volume scoring is a trait thats a dime a dozen, think about Jamal Crawford, thats all he does and thats why he bounced around the league so much and even when he settled in as a sixth man he was never essential to his teams success

Now as far the most important skill it depends on who you ask but the ability to defend multiple positions, ballhandling/playmaking, 3pt shooting ect are all much more important than volume scoring

No coincidence GS is the best team in the league bcuz they have multiple players that can do this.

He will always be an all star bcuz fans like flashy scorers . My problem with Mitchell is if he ain't scoring, he really does not have much impact on the game. That can be said about a lot of players but it's a big negative if you are trying to compare him to Ben. Still hella early in the season but imo both players are exactly the same as last season.

I can respect that.

I just feel that the areas like playmaking and running an offense - Mitchell can improve upon just like many assume Simmons will improve shooting.

I believe that historically, win it comes to winning games, carrying your team in scoring is a more valuable primary skill than being a jack of all trades who is a sub par shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back