Welcome To aBlackWeb

$20 to Build Your Saturday Morning Cartoon Lineup (Nickelodeon 90s/2000s)

I like classic cartoons too. I would watch with my granny alot. Not sure if you watched these lol.

Popeye the sailorman( you may be familiar with this one, kinda still known)
Felix the cat
Betty boop

Cool history video. I legit felt old when I saw an episode of Amazing world of gumball for the 1st time. After 2010 the stlye of cartoons seem to change to me. Yeah it's always been one or two out of the box or extremely imaginative shows but last 10- 15 years been real different lol

Gumball is one of my favorite shows right now. Legit laugh-out-loud shit in that show.

Gumball is one of my favorite shows right now. Legit laugh-out-loud shit in that show.
It doesn't seem to be for kids though. Like after a few shows and maybe catching it from the beginning to understand context would help.

My son used to like the show. At first I was like your not watching this weird shit. But he convinced me to watch it with him and he explained to me what was what. I mean you got bunnies and clouds and all kinds of characters in the show. My imagination wasn't ready lol

Oh I do have this stuck in my head because of my child lol

I hate all those except “Rugrats” lol

I’d take “Ah! Real Monsters” as a strong second occasional though.

I’d legit rather watch “Little Bear” and “Blues Clues” over everything else up there besides that

Last edited:
Gumball is amazing.

Regular show and adventure time were way way way underappreciated.

Steven universe was great. Like.... It's not about niggaz ages....

CN just put out superior programming imo after a point vs Nick

It doesn't seem to be for kids though. Like after a few shows and maybe catching it from the beginning to understand context would help.

My son used to like the show. At first I was like your not watching this weird shit. But he convinced me to watch it with him and he explained to me what was what. I mean you got bunnies and clouds and all kinds of characters in the show. My imagination wasn't ready lol

Oh I do have this stuck in my head because of my child lol

Pop culture references, slick "adult" jokes, and silly shit is the reason I love this show. In a way it was like getting into Ed, Edd, and Eddy where I saw the first episode, didn't like it, then later caught another one and ended up laughing at it so much I had to peep the rest.

Gumball is amazing.

I think Adventure Time was fairly well received. Regular Show was definitely under appreciated tho.

Steven Universe had great storytelling initially but got a bit boring after a while.

I'd have to agree with the point about CN being better after a while. CN was willing to take risks on some shows that Nick wouldn't.

Gumball is amazing.

Regular show came out the year I graduated hs/when I started college. Pretty much the same age range as mordecai and rigby. That show grew me up lowkey

Didn't get into gumball around beginning of the pandemic and that shit be having me rollin

While at first i hated the direction CN was going with the flapjack and chowder type stuff i ended up rocking with Adventure Time and Regular Show. Gumball is kinda hit or miss.

While at first i hated the direction CN was going with the flapjack and chowder type stuff i ended up rocking with Adventure Time and Regular Show. Gumball is kinda hit or miss.
Yes Chowder was a very different cartoon than what I was use to in the early 90s.
And because I stop watching cartoons for a while...to come back to the newer shows was a shift.

Like even the animation.

It was difficult for me to get into watching the new Scooby-Doo and ninja turtle because of the "look" and even the theme songs changed lol

Last edited:

I couldn't stand Flapjack, but I actually liked Chowder. Camp Lazlo and Mucha Lucha were two more I really liked from that era.

Literally never watched a single episode of any of those shows. But I'm at the age where I think I had aged out of Nickelodeon by the time these shits was on.
I've only heard of Avatar and Danny Phantom only because my son would always ask me to watch them with him.

Gumball is amazing.

Regular Show is legit S- Tier. Im not ashamed to say I have seen every episode. Same with O.K. KO

Back