Welcome To aBlackWeb

20 teens beat a 15-year-old girl on a Brooklyn sidewalk

Mom's pain is real

I literally felt like I have to throw up since yesterday. I can’t eat,” Howell told The Post, adding that her son would be “on punishment” for years to come for his role in the incident.

“My heart breaks for the victim’s family. I’m just very, very sorry. I feel very, very bad for her.”

ii feel so sorry for her. she also seems to be a rational person. especially when she said “I dont expect him to be perfect, i do expect him not to act like an animal in the street”

The thing I don't understand about these "prisons shouldn't exist" folks is that they seem to ignore the fact that some people can't really be redeemed. There is a such thing as serial killers and professional hitmen serial rapists. Where you going to put people like that if not prison?

Prisons aren't really the problem. Our country's insistence on putting people in prison for damn near everything is what's the problem.

The thing I don't understand about these "prisons shouldn't exist" folks is that they seem to ignore the fact that some people can't really be redeemed. There is a such thing as serial killers and professional hitmen serial rapists. Where you going to put people like that if not prison?

Prisons aren't really the problem. Our country's insistence on putting people in prison for damn near everything is what's the problem.

maybe research the anti-prison argument and look up the alternatives that ppl have been suggesting for quite sometime

that may gave you clarity :/
pretty sure nobody is saying serial killers should be allowed to kill with impunity

maybe research the anti-prison argument and look up the alternatives that ppl have been suggesting for quite sometime

that may gave you clarity :/
pretty sure nobody is saying serial killers should be allowed to kill with impunity

It's interesting that you think I haven't. I have, and none of the proposed alternatives are good options for dedicated criminals. Not everybody in prison is a nonviolent offender or one-time criminal. Some people legitimately belong segmented from the rest of society.

It's one thing to say the prison system should be reformed. It's another thing to say prisons should be abolished.

I literally felt like I have to throw up since yesterday. I can’t eat,” Howell told The Post, adding that her son would be “on punishment” for years to come for his role in the incident.

“My heart breaks for the victim’s family. I’m just very, very sorry. I feel very, very bad for her.”

ii feel so sorry for her. she also seems to be a rational person. especially when she said “I dont expect him to be perfect, i do expect him not to act like an animal in the street”

On punishment??? The lil nigga is prolly gonna be in juvie until he's an adult.

It's interesting that you think I haven't. I have, and none of the proposed alternatives are good options for dedicated criminals. Not everybody in prison is a nonviolent offender or one-time criminal. Some people legitimately belong segmented from the rest of society.

It's one thing to say the prison system should be reformed. It's another thing to say prisons should be abolished.

you cant reform the prison sys. curious, what have you read in regards to the abolishment of prisons? and what option (s) do you feel aren't viable?

you cant reform the prison sys. curious, what have you read in regards to the abolishment of prisons? and what option (s) do you feel aren't viable?

You can reform the prison system. You can get rid of "for profit" prisons. You can change sentencing guidelines so that fewer crimes result in prison time. With smaller prison populations, you can conduct imprisonment in a more humane manner.

I've seen a lot of proposed alternatives to imprisonment:

Expanded community work/service programs
Periodic Detention
Rehabilitation and education centers
Diversion programs

Nothing is wrong with the alternatives. It's not that I feel they aren't viable. I just feel that there are some people who can't be softballed. You either remove them from society or they will continue to prey on innocents.

You can reform the prison system. You can get rid of "for profit" prisons. You can change sentencing guidelines so that fewer crimes result in prison time. With smaller prison populations, you can conduct imprisonment in a more humane manner.

i truly believe you cannot reform the prison sys. i mean just think about what has happened in the past week alone.

1. Bmore -Keith Davis Jr was sentenced to 50 years in prison for a crime he didnt commit (after being shot at 44 times by police). eye witnesses even said the assailant wasnt him.

2. The 24th inmate in Mississippi state prison has died. inmates have been complaining about the conditions within the facility for months now and there has been little to no government intervention

3. Alabama executed an innocent man on thurs and nobody batted a lash, except us lol

I mean how do you reform a sys this corrupt???

Last edited:
and these r only cases that we know about. imagine how many innocent people are behind bars right now. how many people have lived and died in prison for crimes they didn't commit?? or ones that were disposed of after the 3strikes mandate. so if we are to reform this sys right? what does that look like? when corruption is rampant in police departments and prisons across america?

what does that look like?? when prisons are big business and have been the “substitute” for housing for many ppl for so long because we refuse to overturn poverty.

i mean just think about drug laws, how many generations and generations of Black ppl were incarcerated for weed and now dispensaries function like apple stores?

i mean what exactly are we discussing here?

Last edited:
i truly believe you cannot reform the prison sys. im mean just think about what has happened in the past week alone. 1. Bmore -Keith Davis Jr was sentenced to 50 years in prison for a crime he didnt commit (after being shot 44 times by police). eye witnesses even said the assailant wasnt him.

2. The 24th inmate in Mississippi state prison has died. inmates have been complaining about the conditions within the facility for months now and there has been little to no government intervention

3. Alabama executed an innocent man on thurs and nobody batted a lash

I mean how do you reform a sys this corrupt

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Blowing it all up and starting from scratch might be the right thing to do. I'm just saying that even if you do that, I believe some form of imprisonment will still be necessary.

I gotta put this on street politics first.
20 people ain't jumping somebody, with/without legit cause, and the whole hood ain't suffering afterwards.

This is how neighborhood wars get started.
5 people jumping a single dude was enough for shit to pop-off back in my day.
You didn't get props for that shit.
The nigga putting up a struggle against 5 would have gotten more respect.

Turning the guilty boys in was/is probably the best move.
Better the legal system deal with them to discourage further street justice.
Though, I'm fully aware some wouldn't let it stop there.

This shit is just weird and NY youth looking funny as hell right now.

Back