$18 Combos and $3 Hashbrowns got McDonalds rethinking all these price hikes.

My lil one be trying to snack

Soon as I say, they got plenty of fruit in there, all of a sudden, she don't wanna snack no more
Hey don't play bout his fruit.
He had his physical yesterday.
He asked the doctor "why does my poop change colors?" She asked him what he eats.
He laughs and says I like strawberries, blueberries and carrots. I like my carrots with ranch dressing so I can dip.
7 years old, 1st grade, 4 feet already. His mom 5 feet. We got a god damn menace in the house.

Just came across my feed:

A viral social media post has reignited a debate about the prices of one of America’s top burger chains.

On March 1, X user @WallStreetSilv posted an image of a receipt from Five Guys that quickly went viral on the platform, garnering nearly 25 million views, and started another heated discussion about recent fast-food prices.

“Five Guys prices are out of control,” the user wrote to accompany the image sourced from Reddit. “$24 for one person.”

Per the receipt, the customer spent $12.49 for a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard, $2.89 for a regular soda and $5.19 for a small fry. After tax and tip, the total came to $24.10.

“guess I was expecting about $12 to $15 per person for Five Guys. $22 (without tip) just seems to cross a line,” the user added in a follow-up post. “What is the right amount these days?”

Five Guys did not immediately respond to TODAY.com’s request for comment.

• Haha
Reactions: Marc123
It really trips me out about McDonald’s and these other fast food spots hiking their prices. It’s like they’re acting as if they’re the hot chick but really you’re just the average chick that did a lot of cool things to make us like you. Instead of you being mean, rude, denigrating and disrespectful? You were cool as hell. You smile when we said good morning to you. When we walked up to you and gave you a hug and you didn’t push ua off. You smelt nice. You wore nice clothing. You told a joke or two.

Now you wanna act like you’re the baddest of the bad, and it’s like do you understand who you are? Like it’s McDonald’s. They don’t make super diper hard-core elite food, you can even argue that they don’t even embody the word food. So what are we talking about?

Around here, we have a few chains that specialize in burgers with higher quality ingredients. A meal at those places will run you like $18. Ain't no way in hell, I'm paying the same price for McDonalds as those places. That said, I haven't seen this. My kids like McDonald's so I take them there every now and then. Both of their meals together don't come up to $18.

I went to the Five Guys site and rang up an order identical to the one in the article: Yeah, these niggas is crazy as shit to believe their food is worth $20+. And the fact that they're begging for a tip for fast food is ridiculous.

1709669050466.png

• Ether
Reactions: Bender Rodriguez

A viral social media post has reignited a debate about the prices of one of America’s top burger chains.

On March 1, X user @WallStreetSilv posted an image of a receipt from Five Guys that quickly went viral on the platform, garnering nearly 25 million views, and started another heated discussion about recent fast-food prices.

“Five Guys prices are out of control,” the user wrote to accompany the image sourced from Reddit. “$24 for one person.”

Per the receipt, the customer spent $12.49 for a bacon cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard, $2.89 for a regular soda and $5.19 for a small fry. After tax and tip, the total came to $24.10.

“guess I was expecting about $12 to $15 per person for Five Guys. $22 (without tip) just seems to cross a line,” the user added in a follow-up post. “What is the right amount these days?”

lol stop eating five guys nh

Yup. It really isn't a Micky D's issue it's a commercial fast food issue all across the board. I told my mother that this year I'll be limiting my spending on fast food in general b/c these prices are out of control. The food gets smaller while the prices get higher. Then you get shitty service on top of it.

Something's definitely gotta give.

Inflation is out of control.

I think these companies held off as long as they could to not pass on the higher costs to consumers........but inflation is so bad now that they don't have any choice but to raise prices.

The market always has a way of sorting things out, so.......like others mentioned..........consumers will respond by eating less fast food.

And, eventually, these companies will have to lower their prices again to eat more of the costs...........or start closing restaurants and/or laying off employees.

Maybe eliminating some items off of their menus and only offering the bare essentials.

But yeah, some of these fast-food places don't have any business having prices as high (or higher) than Chick Fil-A.

Reactions: willhustle

Brokie

It really trips me out about McDonald’s and these other fast food spots hiking their prices. It’s like they’re acting as if they’re the hot chick but really you’re just the average chick that did a lot of cool things to make us like you. Instead of you being mean, rude, denigrating and disrespectful? You were cool as hell. You smile when we said good morning to you. When we walked up to you and gave you a hug and you didn’t push ua off. You smelt nice. You wore nice clothing. You told a joke or two.

Now you wanna act like you’re the baddest of the bad, and it’s like do you understand who you are? Like it’s McDonald’s. They don’t make super diper hard-core elite food, you can even argue that they don’t even embody the word food. So what are we talking about?

This made me think of those Little Caesar's commercials.

I remember when they were a bargain at 5 or 6 dollars.

But now they're selling pizzas for $9.99 and acting like it's some kind of deal or something.

I'm thinking to myself...........does Little Caesar's realize that they're, well.............Little Caesar's???

I can cop a Digiorno's supreme that tastes better than that shit.

Now, the original Little Caesar's from the 80's???

The pizza/pizza joints that came wrapped in paper over the cardboard???

They need to bring that recipe back.

Those pizzas were good.

This made me think of these Little Caesar's commercials.

But now they're selling pizzas for $9.99 and acting like it's some kind of deal or something.

I'm thinking to myself...........does Little Caesar's realize that they're, well.............Little Caesar's???

I can cop a Digiorno's supreme that taste better than that shit.

Those pizzas were good.

I was talking about this with my eldest cousin. While we were growing up, every now and them my aunt and uncle would stop by with her on a Friday night and pop's would call in a Pizza Pizza order. This was the late 70's/early 80's. That shit was always hittin'. My aunt would always have pops get double cheese on the pizzas too and that just made it even better.

• Goat
Reactions: deadeye

Lol you ok man lmao

This made me think of those Little Caesar's commercials.

I can cop a Digiorno's supreme that tastes better than that shit.

Those pizzas were good.

them breadsticks were good as hell too back then. Aint had little ceasars in decades tho lol I know its prolly trash now

Get used to it.

We used to be able to get any meal at mcdonalds for under 6 bucks in the 90s.

Reactions: deadeye
them breadsticks were good as hell too back then. Aint had little ceasars in decades tho lol I know its prolly trash now

The only reason to get LC's right now is 'cause you broke as shit and gotta feed your family on a shoestring budget.

Back in Vegas the line waiting for $5 pizzas at the Ceasars down the way was always stupid. You could easily have to wait 2 hrs for a $5 pizza. The only time I would go is if I pre-ordered a Detroit-Style pizza, and even those were extra mid. Otherwise I've pretty much written off ever eating at LC's ever again.

• Ether
Reactions: Inori
The only reason to get LC's right now is 'cause you broke as shit and gotta feed your family on a shoestring budget.

Back in Vegas the line waiting for $5 pizzas at the Ceasars down the way was always stupid. You could easily have to wait 2 hrs for a $5 pizza. The only time I would go is if I pre-ordered a Detroit-Style pizza, and even those were extra mid. Otherwise I've pretty much written off ever eating at LC's ever again.

lol detroit style huh. Perhaps another thread is needed to properly shit on that abomination as well 🤣

but waiting 2 hours for ANY pizza is wild to me. smh