Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED “It should be noted many major record labels have deprioritized signing Rappers”. - Ebro

test
Bruh... you're either trolling or missing your own point: At every level you just named there was a harbinger of doom for rap music.

Eminem was a clown ass whiteboy until he was one of the best rhymers in history. Young Cheesy (DMX reference) I mean Young Jeezy was the end of good rap until low and behold he wasn't. Nelly was pop and couldn't rap really. Lil Jon was a lame that didn't rap and just screamed. Big Sean couldn't rap buuuut actually... dope. Rick Ross was fake and the end of the real. Now he's heralded as a business genius. Kanye had hot beats but couldn't rap, but then he could. Drake was an actor and fake and sang but actually dope on the mic too. Cole would never do better than his mixtapes until he did. Kendrick was slept on until he wasn't. 21 was a trash ass mumble rapper until you realized he said his words clear as fuck. Now you're mentioning him with esteem. Tyler was called a cornball homo in the beginning, but *gasp* he evolved beyond the antics into arguably the most slept on greats from that early 10s class with Cole and Kendrick.

The point is you're demanding we tell you the future. I gave you several "nobody ass niggas" that you wrote off who could fill the void given time... the exact same way everybody up there with few exceptions was wrote off as trash ass rappers did, but because you don't see it that means there's no hope. Besides fucking Nas, Wu-Tang, Biggie, and Pac who on your list came out with SUPER respect and rap love without being written off first? Meth even said Melle Mel and them niggas hated Wu-Tang, so not even they had it all the way love.

So nah. I ain't buying this "Hip Hop and Rap are dead and will devolve away." Niggas are trash in the beginning with few exceptions. It's called learning the ropes. The art doesn't die because dudes got their foot in with one hot single and took a minute to find their footings. You sound like you outgrew this shit or need to put your Spotify on random and dig in the virtual crates. The real is out here beyond what labels are talking about.
D5D5C0D0-200A-4263-A299-E77C2F37C4C8.gif

I got multiple points

it’s cool man you’ll see

The fact that you said I need to dig in the crates let’s me know you’re missing the point funny enough

I’m not saying real Hiphop artists aren’t around or accessible but anybody you have to dig to look for isn’t strong enough to stop things from shifting to what it’s going to be

Nobody you mentioned will be at the forefront

Lol y’all doing that now

This section rarely ventures past 2012 as far as content which is wild as it’s 11 years ago

*21 savage voice* Hiphop gon die
Fam, maybe that shit not worth the discussion 🤷🏾‍♂️

A lot of these artists after that date have no staying power which is pretty evident cause most of them aren't making songs currently

Idk what to tell you

In 2007 they were saying Hip Hop /Rap would disappear like disco. 10 years later 2017-2018 , Hip Hop knocked Rock music off the musical mountaintop and became the most popular and listened to Genre of music on the planet. I’m not counting HipHop/Rap out just yet ,this genre over the years has shown it is more resilient than other genres that came before it. Few years ago Rappers were dominating so much on the billboard charts had some pop singers begging and pleading with their fans on Instagram to buy their albums so it can go number 1.

1692450094873.jpeg

Rapper 50 Cent has pledged to retire if Kanye West’s new album outsells his, generating much-needed publicity for a flagging musical genre that may go the way of disco.

Hip hop has always shown it evolves. 10 years from now...folks will be sayin the same shyt about hip hop dying.

Now I do feel the quality of the music needs to get better. A lot of muthafuccas need to stop sounding like each other...*insert T-Pain's epic rant*.

Every decade with a 3 is usually the year that defines the rest of the decade let’s revisit this in 2/3 years.

This gradual divestment been apparent ... he's only allowed to engage in that same narrow range of nonsense he's critiquing in the first place

The way these topics gets externally framed on our behalf is wild n problematic .... people are getting encouraged to think were actually losing something

Then theres a whole nother dimension of the true purpose of commercial media, and what these shifts in priority intend to help manage... a topic which defo won't be allowed into the domain of public discourse
🗣

Shoot afrobeats starting to get played out too. My girl and some of her friends was just talking about how afrobeats is starting to sound the same and feeling generic

I hate to admit this myself.....but I see it going that way.

Besides fucking Nas, Wu-Tang, Biggie, and Pac who on your list came out with SUPER respect and rap love without being written off first?

Here is a real, actual internet post from 1995 asking IS RAP DYING? because of THESE NEW RAPPERS like Biggie fucking Smalls:

1692452805380.png

"All the music that is being dropped sounds the same." LMFAO its the SAME GODDAMN argument.

"Nothing extremely earth shattering has really come out as of late." 6 days after this post, Mobb Deep - The Infamous released.

But hey, that album was only aiight, right? IDK about these new rappers.......

1692453342887.png

Attachments

• 1692451892285.png
    1692451892285.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Just like fashion…
history-repeats-quotes-6.jpg

Fans been having to dig in the crates since Vanilla Ice. Also you may not know it, but all genres of music have been declining in quality in their fan’s eyes. I think it’s more prevalent with rap because of how easy it is to get a song out now

No a lot of these muthafuccas actually do sound the same. Hell they damn near have similar names by callin themselves "Lil" or "Baby".

But the difference I always said about rap during that golden era...they DIDN’T sound the same.

Biggie didn't sound like Mase.
Mase didn't sound like the Lox.
Lox didn't sound like Wu.
Wu didn't sound like ATCQ.
Busta didn't sound like Snoop.
Cube didn't sound like E-40

I can go on & on about that era. Even b4 then.

Here is a real, actual internet post from 1995 asking IS RAP DYING? because of THESE NEW RAPPERS like Biggie fucking Smalls:

View attachment 1158662

"All the music that is being dropped sounds the same." LMFAO its the SAME GODDAMN argument.

"Nothing extremely earth shattering has really come out as of late." 6 days after this post, Mobb Deep - The Infamous released.

But hey, that album was only aiight, right? IDK about these new rappers.......

View attachment 1158663

Exactly. When you start towing that line 1 or 2 things need to happen: you need to step out of forums/opinion spheres or admit the game gone by you. If Hip Hop and Rap don't fill you with optimism because "everything sounds the same," you're searching the same shit.

View attachment 1158620

I got multiple points

it’s cool man you’ll see

The fact that you said I need to dig in the crates let’s me know you’re missing the point funny enough

I’m not saying real Hiphop artists aren’t around or accessible but anybody you have to dig to look for isn’t strong enough to stop things from shifting to what it’s going to be

Nobody you mentioned will be at the forefront

Respect. And that last line, homie. You do not know that. No one does. No one saw that for anybody that's ever reached the peak. I don't even know, but I still got hope for them. Respect though.

I think its the degenerate culture of rap music, people are getting tired of it. I grew up on rap and I find myself listening to afrobeats as of late.

Back