Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED “It should be noted many major record labels have deprioritized signing Rappers”. - Ebro

test
Hope y’all enjoyed that 50th birthday celebration

That was hip hop’s going away party
Sounds like wishful thinking

Wake me when we're not being replaced by something we gave birth to..

Like where's all the white people genres at? How come heavy metal or alternative rock isn't taking Hip Hop's place?

How many people listen to rap/hip hop?​

Based on the IFPI survey, 1.85 billion people, or 26% of music listeners worldwide, listen to rap/hip-hop.​

Music-genre-popularity-on-streaming-services.png.webp

Shoot afrobeats starting to get played out too. My girl and some of her friends was just talking about how afrobeats is starting to sound the same and feeling generic
Was just about to say. That shit been stale lately. Surprised Amapiano hasn't picked up yet.

There's now MULTIPLE avenues for an artist to get their music out now. So the days of goin to a label and essentially "begging" them to sign you is almost done.

I'm more curious what kinda deals these artists have with labels. Like what percentage is the label still gettin, and what's included.

There's now MULTIPLE avenues for an artist to get their music out now. So the days of goin to a label and essentially "begging" them to sign you is almost done.

I'm more curious what kinda deals these artists have with labels. Like what percentage is the label still gettin, and what's included.

Ok, that’s just half the battle. Who you think has control over the venues these artists perform at?

It’s more than just being “signed” that rappers need labels for.

Ok, that’s just half the battle. Who you think has control over the venues these artists perform at?

This. There’s def a cap on level of success as an independent. Its more than “hustle”

Also if you dont think stream farms aren’t being used for these major artists as well for YouTube, spotify etc to validate this success, think again.

This shit all super rigged.

This. There’s def a cap on level of success as an independent. Its more than “hustle”

Also if you dont think stream farms aren’t being used for these major artists as well for YouTube, spotify etc to validate this success, think again.

This shit all super rigged.

Since the both of yall do music, I'll ask you this. Is it easier/harder now to puttin out music, tryin to get artist signed, etc...than it was 15+ years ago?

Since the both of yall do music, I'll ask you this. Is it easier/harder now to puttin out music, tryin to get artist signed, etc...than it was 15+ years ago?
Ofcourse it’s easier to put out and harder to get signed if you’re A: “Too old” and B: Not pushing the ignorance

I agree to def stay indy as long as you can but there IS gonna be roadblocks that require label intervention.

Shout out to LaRussell tho, he is actually changing the game and even he had “investors”

Not too many will be willing or able to do what he is doing. Very special.

You tripping that shit hard. Rap dudes need to start rapping with energy again and stop being lazy. Women been carrying hip hop the past 3 years but all this shit starting to get old.
Bro she s not rapping w any energy at all

Only thing dynamic on the track is the 808s and hi hats

Women been carrying hip hop cuz we live in a horny ass society

Back