Welcome To aBlackWeb

“It’s only difficult if you’re a man with something to hide.” - Idris Elba on #MeToo

I don't see nothin wrong wit what he said...BUT...he ain't exempt from gettin caught up in that shyt.

Doesn't matter how many women fall over for him...there's always gonna be that one plottin. Either for the attention, the money, or just b/c they're an evil summa bitch.
Maybe he just diligent in only dealing with chicks who consent is clear beyond a doubt.

That shit really ain't hard if you keep it in mind, as any dude really should. Like mad niggaz stay clear of shady situations.

If you a celeb, you owe it to your self to use at the least, common sense.

Niggaz be getting caught up the craziest situations.... And for what??

They worried about the 100s of innocently accused men
The gag is....nothing really happens to these famous dudes that get caught up except for the Weinstein/Cosby types. Nobody else is losing work or money or if they are, it's only temporary. Majority of these dudes are just getting put up on the summer jam screen for a few days and that's it. No trial, no jail, no arrests, no investigations, no real threat to their livelihood...just Internet gossip which they should be used to being famous and all...

That's not to say that it's ok if you are falsely accused. But for the most part them checks is still clearing if you're not accused of criminal shit. Sexual harassment cases, for the most part, don't go anywhere beyond getting talked about.

That wasn't the one I was talking about with the pregnant woman, but you can't look at that clip and say he did nothing wrong. That's wild inappropriate and out of pocket to say to somebody you don't know in a room full of people. There were other clips throughout that video where he was clearly making women uncomfortable in interviews. I could be misremembering, but I think there's some formal complaints against him too for the same thing. But he's Morgan Freeman/God so of course it never went anywhere.

That was my point in responding to the post. No not every dude is Harvey Weinstein that gets caught up, but I don't think I've seen any dude get swept up in some career ending shit where absolutely nothing foul happened (not that I follow it that closely either), and if it does it gets nipped in the bud. Aziz was defended by the majority of people and the publication that ran that chick's story caught heat also.

lol Did you let the woman color your opinion or something. He clearly didn't say that in response to her. He said what he said in response to the story his co-star told. The woman made that about her and it wasn't. And I'm not saying Freeman is a saint. He's already come out and admitted that he may have done things that made women uncomfortable, and he apologized. Honest question. Do you think he should be ostracized for his actions? Or do you think the media attention forcing him to come clean and apologize and presumably curb his bad actions is enough?

I don't see nothin wrong wit what he said...BUT...he ain't exempt from gettin caught up in that shyt.

Doesn't matter how many women fall over for him...there's always gonna be that one plottin. Either for the attention, the money, or just b/c they're an evil summa bitch
The bolded is what's wrong with what he said. You don't have to have something to hide for someone to lie on you.

K. Michelle can come out tomorrow and say he forced himself on her and she'd have an army behind her blindly supporting her hashtagging #believeher #believeallwomen #whywouldshelie etc.

Which leads to my next point...

The gag is....nothing really happens to these famous dudes that get caught up except for the Weinstein/Cosby types. Nobody else is losing work or money or if they are, it's only temporary. Majority of these dudes are just getting put up on the summer jam screen for a few days and that's it. No trial, no jail, no arrests, no investigations, no real threat to their livelihood...just Internet gossip which they should be used to being famous and all...

That's not to say that it's ok if you are falsely accused. But for the most part them checks is still clearing if you're not accused of criminal shit. Sexual harassment cases, for the most part, don't go anywhere beyond getting talked about.
Just because you stopped hearing about Aziz doesn't mean the consequences of the accusations went away. That was one of the biggest things to happen in his career and we haven't heard from him since. These companies and organizations will avoid you on a whim if your name stinks, guilty or innocent. They pick and choose. R. Kelly still gets gigs after over a decade of accusations but Chris Brown got ostracized over one incident. Marc Lamont Hill got fired and he didn't do anything wrong.

It's very possible Aziz, being the brown skin man he is, is being done the same way. I'm sure he's walking on pins and needles now because those #MeToo nuts are waiting to say "See??? We knew he was a monster!!!"

lol Did you let the woman color your opinion or something. He clearly didn't say that in response to her. He said what he said in response to the story his co-star told. The woman made that about her and it wasn't. And I'm not saying Freeman is a saint. He's already come out and admitted that he may have done things that made women uncomfortable, and he apologized. Honest question. Do you think he should be ostracized for his actions? Or do you think the media attention forcing him to come clean and apologize and presumably curb his bad actions is enough?
I already said that makes sense that he was saying that to the other guy. He was wiling in them other instances but it's not something I would freak out over. I'd check him and keep it movin. I think (and hope) him, having already done so, apologizing is enough to get him to chill from now on.

Sexual harrassment has been a huge problem in the workplace for decades. It's the reason all this workplace harassment education stuff came out in the first place. Idkw people are acting like sex hasn't been used and abused in many facets of life since prolly forever and think just cuz people have had enough and are finally puttin their foot down all over the place it must be some BS.

To be clear, you're right. If there is one good thing the #MeToo movement accomplished, it did reveal that there are plenty of dudes (and even some women) in power that use their power to do absolutely monstrous things. I don't think anyone is saying that's bad. I also think it's true that there has been a general climate across history where inappropriate things have been just accepted as ok, when they really weren't. I also don't think anyone believes that bring that to light is bad either. There are two problems I see. One is the whole going back in the past, dragging up something someone did, and then applying today's rules. That's not really fair. Right or wrong, if something wasn't condemned 20 years ago, you can't just condemn someone for it now as if they performed those actions while it was widely accepted that those actions were wrong.

The other problem, in my opinion, is that men tend to be singled out for behavior that isn't malicious in intent or unique to men. For example, this chick I work with sees me working out in the office fitness center from time to time. One casual Friday when I had short sleeves on, she came over to me and grabbed my arm with both hands and was like "I see the working out is paying off." Now honestly, that shit was inappropriate. I don't really mess with her like that for her to think she could touch me, but it wasn't that deep. I laughed it off and went on with my business. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that pretty much 100% of men will react similarly. Women can and do do that type of shit all the time without any fear of reprisal. With men, you're testing fate. A guy could make contact just as innocently, and depending on the woman, he could find himself in a world of trouble. That's not an exaggeration. We have ethics training now because of all this shit, and that kind of scenario is something they bring up all the time because of how common it is and how many dudes wind up in trouble because of it. I'm not saying dudes that touch females inappropriately shouldn't be checked. But why should women feel like its ok for them to do things like that, but also feel like it's ok to try and ruin men that do the same thing?

Kevin Spacey just vanished when he got them rape allegations thrown on him like disappeared

I read one of his last released movies ain't even make a thousand bucks in the box office nationally in the States

Elba is right but ... he lives in that celebrity circuit so anything can happen

Niggas losing jobs and careers I don't know what you been paying attention to. That's crazy to say tho.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/23/us/metoo-replacements.html

To be clear, you're right. If there is one good thing the #MeToo movement accomplished, it did reveal that there are plenty of dudes (and even some women) in power that use their power to do absolutely monstrous things. I don't think anyone is saying that's bad. I also think it's true that there has been a general climate across history where inappropriate things have been just accepted as ok, when they really weren't. I also don't think anyone believes that bring that to light is bad either. There are two problems I see. One is the whole going back in the past, dragging up something someone did, and then applying today's rules. That's not really fair. Right or wrong, if something wasn't condemned 20 years ago, you can't just condemn someone for it now as if they performed those actions while it was widely accepted that those actions were wrong.

The other problem, in my opinion, is that men tend to be singled out for behavior that isn't malicious in intent or unique to men. For example, this chick I work with sees me working out in the office fitness center from time to time. One casual Friday when I had short sleeves on, she came over to me and grabbed my arm with both hands and was like "I see the working out is paying off." Now honestly, that shit was inappropriate. I don't really mess with her like that for her to think she could touch me, but it wasn't that deep. I laughed it off and went on with my business. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that pretty much 100% of men will react similarly. Women can and do do that type of shit all the time without any fear of reprisal. With men, you're testing fate. A guy could make contact just as innocently, and depending on the woman, he could find himself in a world of trouble. That's not an exaggeration. We have ethics training now because of all this shit, and that kind of scenario is something they bring up all the time because of how common it is and how many dudes wind up in trouble because of it. I'm not saying dudes that touch females inappropriately shouldn't be checked. But why should women feel like its ok for them to do things like that, but also feel like it's ok to try and ruin men that do the same thing?
I have female subordinates, colleagues, and superiors squeezing my biceps, scratching my beard, and complimenting my ties damn near everyday.

I'm not saying that to brag either. The only reason I don't take offense to it is because I don't know how they could try to twist our next interaction into harassment. Women have egos that bruise easily when you reject their advances.

Women shouldn't. If they expect to treated with respect they should also do the same. A predator is a predator doesnt matter the sex.

It may not be tomorrow, next month, or the next 10 years. But more often then not, a black man doesn't make it out of Hollywood without some kind of controversy. Idris is clean for now, but bigger men than him have fallen. I don't wish it on him, but it can happen even if it didn't.

It may not be tomorrow, next month, or the next 10 years. But more often then not, a black man doesn't make it out of Hollywood without some kind of controversy. Idris is clean for now, but bigger men than him have fallen. I don't wish it on him, but it can happen even if it didn't.

Naw.

Any rich and famous man make rarely make it out of Hollywood without it

I'm not trying to pile on, but what made you think what you said before about them not losing jobs was true?
I was going with the notion of more high profile people...that unless there's hard evidence or years long reports that get ignored (like Mario batalli) don't shit be happening that I've seen. Like I don't think I've seen a case of somebody getting caught up in a fire like that and there was no smoke. Buccigross from ESPN is another example. Some chick tried to catch him up but there was nothing foul on his end so it went away.

So...from what I've seen...there's only been fire where there's been smoke.

I was going with the notion of more high profile people...that unless there's hard evidence or years long reports that get ignored (like Mario batalli) don't shit be happening that I've seen. Like I don't think I've seen a case of somebody getting caught up in a fire like that and there was no smoke. Buccigross from ESPN is another example. Some chick tried to catch him up but there was nothing foul on his end so it went away.

So...from what I've seen...there's only been fire where there's been smoke.
When you say high profile, I wouldn't have considered Harvey Weinstein to fit in that category. Most people wouldn't have known how powerful he was in Hollywood if the #MeToo movement didn't put his transgressions on blast.

The same I assume is true of many people on that list of 200+

Denzel?

Back