Welcome To aBlackWeb

‘You Were The Best ---- I’ve Had’: Case Of Woman Who Said Chris Brown Drugged & Raped Her Falls Apart After Texts Are Revealed

It's not giving both ways

What yall are talking about is an overcorection of something in society. You'd be lying if you said that before fairly recently claims of rapes and sexual assault were taken as seriously as they are now...and it's not like most are taken that seriously still. So yeah there's some people that do exist on the spectrum of believing an accuser is telling the truth simply based on the accusation. And even in that the accused is still often given the benefit of the doubt and will have people giving testimonials of their character and how they could never do this. We still see it happen all the time.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone in good faith say "believe all women" just the same as nobody ever said "only black lives matter".

it's not even a very subtle distinction to me but I guess people are jut inclined to hear what they want to hear.

I don't think there was ever a time when most men believed that the majority of women lied about rape. I also don't believe that any reasonable people are saying that all women should be believed.

I think the reality is that previously, when a woman claimed that she was raped, her alleged attacker was held to the legal standard of "innocent until proven guilty." Unfortunately, it's hard in many cases to prove rape beyond a reasonable doubt, so many rape victims don't get justice. The folks pushing the MeToo movement definitely advocated for a shift towards giving women the benefit of the doubt. In other words, if a woman claims to have been raped, we should all proceed as if she's telling the truth. The problem is that that doesn't solve the problem. It just shifts the inherent unfairness to the accused, which is kinda what our system is designed to prevent.

Women will always get the benefit of doubt.

No way a majority of men was thinking like that. Im more inclined to believe its more so this day of age and not in the past.

We done checked so many dudes growing up because of what girl told us.

Women will always get the benefit of doubt.

No way a majority of men was thinking like that. Im more inclined to believe its more so this day of age and not in the past.

We done checked so many dudes growing up because of what girl told us.

You got to step away from your personal experiences. We're not talking about what dudes do when they have a personal attachment to a particular woman. We're talking about how women are treated in society as a whole when they come forth with an accusation. It's demonstrably false to say that women receive the benefit of the doubt, particularly when it comes down to legal prosecution. All you have to do is look at how low the conviction rate for rape cases is to know that's not true.

You got to step away from your personal experiences. We're not talking about what dudes do when they have a personal attachment to a particular woman. We're talking about how women are treated in society as a whole when they come forth with an accusation. It's demonstrably false to say that women receive the benefit of the doubt, particularly when it comes down to legal prosecution. All you have to do is look at how low the conviction rate for rape cases is to know that's not true.

Bolded I will come back at this because this something totally different. So I dont get what your arguing about

I was literally agreeing with you with the whole " I don't think there was ever a time when most men believed that the majority of women lied about rape" So I dont get what your arguing about on this front.

And I attached my personal experience to back up what you said. Whats going on?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone in good faith say "believe all women" just the same as nobody ever said "only black lives matter".

it's not even a very subtle distinction to me but I guess people are jut inclined to hear what they want to hear.
There is an online feminist movement that says believe all women. They are on the extreme side as is the anti feminist group. Just like politics these extremist muddy real arguments and solutions. The internet has created this problem. I see people call men rapists even when they have been proven innocent and I see people defend men who have been found guilty.

This is true but that problem mostly exists with white men being accused. An example is the college guy who was attempting to rape a woman buy a dumpster. The judge said he did not want to ruin his college experience so he did not give him jail time. I am sure more men of color are investigated and prosecuted than white men. Look at Tupac, Tyson, Kobe Deshaun, and others. White men are not investigated enough and get off more.

This is true but that problem mostly exists with white men being accused. An example is the college guy who was attempting to rape a woman buy a dumpster. The judge said he did not want to ruin his college experience so he did not give him jail time. I am sure more men of color are investigated and prosecuted than white men. Look at Tupac, Tyson, Kobe Deshaun, and others. White men are not investigated enough and get off more.

He actually full on raped that woman by the dumpster.

Bolded I will come back at this because this something totally different. So I dont get what your arguing about

I was literally agreeing with you with the whole " I don't think there was ever a time when most men believed that the majority of women lied about rape" So I dont get what your arguing about on this front.

I'm guessing the part about women receiving the benefit of the doubt. Which historically they haven't when it comes to claims of rape. Especially when accusing men of power or someone close to them. Far too many women have stories of still having to interact with family members who abused them when they were young because nobody believed them or the family wanted to keep shit quiet out of fear of shame.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. It seemed like you were saying that most dudes did give chicks the benefit of the doubt. At least, that's what it seemed like with the anecdotal comment.

Yeah, I think that's something different. That's just white/rich privilege. No one even denied that he raped that girl. The judge basically just concluded that he was too good to have his future ruined by a punishment he deserved. That judge shouldn't have been removed from service after that decision.

And had his dad publicly say "my sons should not be jailed for 20 minutes of action" in defense of him. Not saying he didn't rape the young woman but that he simply shouldn't go to prison for it.

Not surprising when you feel your son is special and that woman is beneath yall and is to be used by your son how he feels.

I mean when we have judges letting folks walk for "affluenza" it just leads to more and more people who feel they are on certain levels believing those who are not aren't worth shit and anything can be done to those people.

I'm guessing the part about women receiving the benefit of the doubt. Which historically they haven't when it comes to claims of rape. Especially when accusing men of power or someone close to them. Far too many women have stories of still having to interact with family members who abused them when they were young because nobody believed them or the family wanted to keep shit quiet out of fear of shame.

All of it is some sick shit but families protecting other family members when they molest and rape kids is fucked up. Then to actually have the predator and victim be around each other for family gatherings is insane. The victim has to have lost total faith in their family and parents when it comes to protection of them in any situation let alone the world.

All of it is some sick shit but families protecting other family members when they molest and rape kids is fucked up. Then to actually have the predator and victim be around each other for family gatherings is insane. The victim has to have lost total faith in their family and parents when it comes to protection of them in any situation let alone the world.

Cosign.

If I had family that protected someone who attacked one of my daughters, those family members would basically be dead to me.

Cosign.

If I had family that protected someone who attacked one of my daughters, those family members would basically be dead to me.

It don't have to be my kids. If they standing with said person everything I'd do to them, you signed up for it as well cause standing with that fucked up person.

Back