Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on therapy?

giphy.gif

She bombed more than Kyle Rittenhouse.

My entire issue with not only her videos but the way therapy is discussed 99% of the time in terms of social media is in the context of simply being better in a relationship when the goal of therapy should be above all else to become better for yourself. The way therapy is presented and discussed on social media people make it seem like you go in and sit back and vent about your exs and that's it. Shit's disgusting and I can see why it would turn many away from it.

If ol girl truly was a therapist who got fired, the actual article she pointed out was written by a woman which alot of people reacting to skipped over, then I don't actually agree with that. I do think there should have been some opportunity for training involved to help her get better at her job. I also think this is a perfect example of where tone matters because in a vacuum her actual message wasn't bad and there are alot of men out here walking around with unresolved issues that affect how they move in this world...but where she fucked up is trying to take something that personal and nuanced to each individual and generalize it using slang and performative Blackness. And that's always gonna miss because the performance is gonna drown out the message every time.

Not sure why a connection is being made between therapy in general and that clown...alot of people who benefit from therapy more than they are willing to admit.. whether they are on a path of self destruction..or bringing harms upon others...

Not sure why a connection is being made between therapy in general and that clown...alot of people who benefit from therapy more than they are willing to admit.. whether they are on a path of self destruction..or bringing harms upon others...

Because it's an easy cop out to use and say "that's why I'm not going"

IF we know for certain someone genuinely cares about helping you THEN it’s weak to bring an issue of tone to the forefront…but I understand some people are sensitive. But if we are not certain they genuinely care, then yes your tone is up for scrutiny and along with the your advice and everything else because you might just be trying to throw shade. Though I don’t think that is the case here.

lol

She's shown herself to be nothing more than a bird with a degree.

Paul Mooney gif.gif

There used to be some kind of school for women like that.

Forgot what it's called, but it's where they'd go to be trained in social graces.

Basically, a school where they teach young girls how to become ladies.

I think it's called a finishing school.......or something like that.

She would've definitely benefited from such a program.

lol

She's shown herself to be nothing more than a bird with a degree.

View attachment 910330

There used to be some kind of school for women like that.

Forgot what it's called, but it's where they'd go to be trained in social graces.

Basically, a school where they teach young girls how to become ladies.

I think it's called a finishing school.......or something like that.

She would've definitely benefited from such a program.

Charm school or finishing school back in my day.

That's where you used to send young girls that were rough around the edges and they weren't gonna be anybody's wife with they attitude all stank.

Now those women if they smart enough, go to college and say they ain't need a man and end up sitting on someone's therapist chair because they are a secret alcoholic jump off.

Charm school or finishing school back in my day.

That's where you used to send young girls that were rough around the edges and they weren't gonna be anybody's wife with they attitude all stank.

Now those women if they smart enough, go to college and say they ain't need a man and end up sitting on someone's therapist chair because they are a secret alcoholic jump off.

Charm School.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of.

Don't know why I couldn't remember the name of it.

Not about to watch and I think you know that.

I know you're not.

At this point, I'm just posting for the people who'll press play............not the people who won't.

For people like you, I just post those videos to expose your ignorance.

Simply because you're not willing to listen to an intelligent perspective that would explain what the problem with this situation is.

Here's a hint.

It's not about therapy.

At least not in the way that you think.

It's about therapists...........and the practice of therapy............particularly when it comes to black men.

I could go into more detail, but the gentlemen in the video is a PHD who's a professor at a university in California.

So, he could explain it a lot better than I could.

Basically, he's talking about how therapists like her bring certain biases with them when dealing with black men..........and how they set a level of accountability for black men that they don't set for other patients.

I know you're not.

At this point, I'm just posting for the people who'll press play............not the people who won't.

For people like you, I just post those videos to expose your ignorance.

Simply because you're not willing to listen to an intelligent perspective that would explain what the problem with this situation is.

Here's a hint.

It's not about therapy.

At least not in the way that you think.

It's about therapists...........and the practice of therapy............particularly when it comes to black men.

I could go into more detail, but the gentlemen in the video is a PHD who's a professor at a university in California.

So, he could explain it a lot better than I could.

Basically, he's talking about how therapists like her bring certain biases with them when dealing with black men..........and how they set a level of accountability for black men that they don't set for other patients.

ok cool

Back