Just saw it...it was ok

I liked tfa and didnt care for tlj at all. This one falls somewhere in between for me.

I just think if you wouldve stripped down all the convoluted shit you wouldve gotten a great movie. When rey, finn, and poe are together its pretty good...they got that star wars chemistry. The scenes between rey and kylo are alot better this movie too and they tied all that up nicely. Special effects, battle scenes and sets gonna be top of the line as always. But it had some issues:

The ending didnt land for me. I see what they were trying to do with rey taking the skywalker name but it felt tacked on and outta place. Shoulda ended the movie with the scene of them hugging.

They never said what finn wanted to tell rey which was pretty terrible. It was a running subplot throughout the movie...

Finn as a whole in this trilogy was terrible...up there with Anakin in the prequels as far as shitty charcters. Shame too because boyega acted the hell outta that part...but there is only so much you can do when your stuck with anchors (which inexplicably happened AGAIN) and your character is just basically a simp.

Lando was just kinda there but still nice to see him tho.

Too many abrupt force powers...hard to understand without seeing the prequels. The OT and even the PT took more care in explaining why jedis can do certain things with the force. Here the powers just there for convience sake...

And waaaaay too many fake deaths...kylo, c3po, chewie, rey...by the end it got to be too much

They did the best they could with leia...aint gonna knock it too much

Overall, i think you just gotta detach it from the tlj to really enjoy it. It almost works as a standalone film but for this grand finale of a 40 year saga it was hyped up to be...its a big disappointment

Right now i got the star wars movies as:

Empire strikes backs
A new hope
Rogue one
Return of the jedi
The force awakens
Revenge of the sith
Rise of skywalker
Solo
The last jedi
Attack of the clones
Phantom menace

Reactions: A-one and Sion
Here is a black woman's opinion on these movies. Never knew a black woman into Star Wars except my mom with the O.G.s.

Maybe she needs to get some pussy?

They shoulda kept Chewbacca dead or they should’ve showed him alive much later
I was like 80% sure he wasn't dead, just because I'd seen the shot of him and Lando in the falcon from the trailers. but damn that whole scene and explanation was convoluted. shit was like 2 kids playing make believe and constantly changing shit

"chewie is caught!"
"but then rey stops it with the force!"
"but then kylo lets it go with the force!"
"but then rey shoots force lighting and destroys it!"
"good thing chewie was on another one that we didn't see!"

Reactions: Inori
I was like 80% sure he wasn't dead, just because I'd seen the shot of him and Lando in the falcon from the trailers. but damn that whole scene and explanation was convoluted. shit was like 2 kids playing make believe and constantly changing shit

"chewie is caught!"
"but then rey stops it with the force!"
"but then kylo lets it go with the force!"
"but then rey shoots force lighting and destroys it!"
"good thing chewie was on another one that we didn't see!"
“It’s just called two brothers....and a Mexican..armada comes” lol

I liked that scene though they just messed it up when chewie lived

it was a power struggle and a dick measuring contest between Rey and kylo and Rey was as tapping into the dark side while using the force which made the lightning I thought that was great

• Haha
Reactions: 100MBS
I just think if you wouldve stripped down all the convoluted shit you wouldve gotten a great movie.

They never said what finn wanted to tell rey which was pretty terrible. It was a running subplot throughout the movie...
First part is the realest shit, stripped down the convoluted shit and work on the pace for the first 30 minutes or so and this would've been a dope film.

as for what Finn was gonna tell Rey...cmon fam. He was obviously gonna tell her he had feelings for her. Why else would he not wanna say it in front of Poe?

Last edited:
Finn as a whole in this trilogy was terrible...up there with Anakin in the prequels as far as shitty charcters. Shame too because boyega acted the hell outta that part...but there is only so much you can do when your stuck with anchors (which inexplicably happened AGAIN) and your character is just basically a simp.
Also....why they keep acting/teasing like Finn got force powers
Man the shit they were doing with Finn was infuriating just because of the fact that it was inconsistent. if they would've had him in the last jedi having some of those force "feelings" that he had in this one, I would've been happy. If he would've also been force sensitive that would've been dope as hell. but it basically went:

TFA: hold up, there might be something special about this stormtrooper
TLJ: nah nevermind, he ain't special
TROS: nah nah, we were right the first time. he might be special

I wonder how much would've changed if Carrie Fisher was still alive though. That was some hard shit to work around to be fair

Man the shit they were doing with Finn was infuriating just because of the fact that it was inconsistent. if they would've had him in the last jedi having some of those force "feelings" that he had in this one, I would've been happy. If he would've also been force sensitive that would've been dope as hell. but it basically went:

TFA: hold up, there might be something special about this stormtrooper
TLJ: nah nevermind, he ain't special
TROS: nah nah, we were right the first time. he might be special

Didn't he hold/wield Reys lightsaber at some point.... again??? something that only force users are spos to be able to do?

Didn't he hold/wield Reys lightsaber at some point.... again??? something that only force users are spos to be able to do?
Nah, General Grievous was using lightsabers and he's not force sensitive

as for what Finn was gonna tell Rey...cmon fam. He was obviously gonna tell her he had feelings for her. Why else would he not wanna say it in front of Poe?

I think thats the obvious one. But him telling rey that hes force sensitive wouldve made alot of sense too. Finally answers that question once and for all.

Either way they shoulda said what the hell it was